Close

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rooringhusky Click here to enlarge
    Here we go Click here to enlarge
    HAHA....

Lets see what kind of excuses Sticky comes up with this time. I am bringing the car over 3/4 of the way to him and giving him nearly 11 weeks notice. There should be no reason he can not make it to this event to run my CLK.
    Click here to enlarge

1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    Ok, you are in luck, I am going to be running in an event in Vegas this summer, you can come out to Vegas and run me. Event is late July and takes place late at night so its cooler, but I could care less about conditions since we will be running side by side on same track in same conditions and we both have FI motors. See you then.....no excuses. Bring cash
    I think this works. I hope you bring that $50k.

Give me the exact dates and times please.

You will have a very loud response from me soon which I am sure you will be made aware of.

That said, I think it disrespects your tuner and takes away from the achievement to drag this thread off topic. Make a thread for the event where things can be discussed. A new world record achieved by a car built by a network premier vendor and tuner means this thread will be moderated in a strict and professional manner. That goes for everyone. Weistec pays to have their engineering seen, not for flame fests.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    HAHA....

Lets see what kind of excuses Sticky comes up with this time. I am bringing the car over 3/4 of the way to him and giving him nearly 11 weeks notice. There should be no reason he can not make it to this event to run my CLK.
    Please read the above post. I will not be repeating myself.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Please read the above post. I will not be repeating myself.
    The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway Friday July 18th 9pm - 2am

Spearmint Rhino when we are done, so lets plan on lining up early in the evening so we can get on with the party.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway Friday July 18th 9pm - 2am

Spearmint Rhino when we are done, so lets plan on lining up early in the evening so we can get on with the party.
    I'll already be there partying the day before.

Is there a name for this event? Is this a private rental?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

It is called Midnight Madness or something like that, go to their website, its basically a test and tune with a Mopar bracket event attached to it. Earl and I have run the event in the past. I think you were there with us for the event one year.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Hey Jim - first of all - congratulations!!!

having the fastest anything in the world is a pretty big achievement!

This is Jeremy - we met at the Michigan Mile last July - I drove the GMG R1K GTR.

I am am most impressed with your ET's - but most importantly your trap speeds.
    If you have more on tap - your car is easily into the 8's.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It is called Midnight Madness or something like that, go to their website, its basically a test and tune with a Mopar bracket event attached to it. Earl and I have run the event in the past. I think you were there with us for the event one year.
    http://www.lvms.com/documents/midnig...icing_2014.pdf
    http://www.lvms.com/documents/midnig...icing_2014.pdf

States no trailers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    article page updated

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vtknight Click here to enlarge
    Hey Jim - first of all - congratulations!!!

having the fastest anything in the world is a pretty big achievement!

This is Jeremy - we met at the Michigan Mile last July - I drove the GMG R1K GTR.

I am am most impressed with your ET's - but most importantly your trap speeds.
    If you have more on tap - your car is easily into the 8's.
    Hi Jeremy, I hope all is we and thank you. Are you doing the Michigan Mile again this year with you monster? I am going back and forth on it, being over the 4th of July makes it really difficult as I have two young kids and a wife. If I do end up going it will be for just one day and I will be running this car(CLK) As you know I ran my C Black Series up there last year and went 194. I have gone 187mph with this car(CLK) at a 1/2 mile with 200 less whp than it is making now so the engineers at Weistec figure this CLK should be good for 225+ in the mile the way it sits.

If younare going to Michigan Mile what day(s) are you running?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So we park a mile away, both cars are street legal and furthermore they let Earl and I in with trailers but the made us park across the way by the Nascar track.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah I remember the trailers hence my confusion. I need a place to put my stuff.

I don't get it though, is there a reason you're running in Vegas in the Middle of July in a Mopar event?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Question

Hi Jeremy, I hope all is we and thank you. Are you doing the Michigan Mile again this year with you monster? I am going back and forth on it, being over the 4th of July makes it really difficult as I have two young kids and a wife. If I do end up going it will be for just one day and I will be running this car(CLK) As you know I ran my C Black Series up there last year and went 194. I have gone 187mph with this car(CLK) at a 1/2 mile with 200 less whp than it is making now so the engineers at Weistec figure this CLK should be good for 225+ in the mile the way it sits.

If younare going to Michigan Mile what day(s) are you running?
    I am actually chickening out I think lol. Unless my tuner wants to run my car - these recent issues with mega builds losing control has spooked me a bit.

My car is being built right now - I found a home for my previous engine and have gone Alpha 16 - which is about 1600 awhp. I am limited by gearing and more importantly RPM - but I should hit 240 MPH. I just don't think I'm going to go for full mile and stick with 1/2 mile (and 1/4 of course). Tires and just general traction have given me pause.

My my car last year - without launch - hit 213 (215 on my VBOX) and I was at 32 psi (Switzers car had a record 9.3 at 155 at 35 psi, I did a 9.41 at 155 fully loaded (cage, 3/4 tank and full interior with a 1.62 60 foot). So I think our cars were pretty comparable (I think your car has more power in it though).
    My point is - that build was extremely intense doing a mile in (I honestly think it was more ignorance to what I was doing that got me through that lol).

If I go - it will be the last day - just like last year. I hear TLC will be there to film part of a documentary if that helps you decide...Click here to enlarge

Anyways - I am very impressed with what you and your tuner have done: I actually have a 2014 E63 S as a daily and I love it (still stock though...Click here to enlarge

Good luck and get into those 8's...you have the platform and tune to do it for sure...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah I remember the trailers hence my confusion. I need a place to put my stuff.

I don't get it though, is there a reason you're running in Vegas in the Middle of July in a Mopar event?
    Several reason that I will be out there. A friends bachelor party in Vegas that weekend and I have another money race lined up and then car is going back to Weistec for another phase of mods. No rest for the wicked
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I am actually chickening out I think lol. Unless my tuner wants to run my car - these recent issues with mega builds losing control has spooked me a bit.

My car is being built right now - I found a home for my previous engine and have gone Alpha 16 - which is about 1600 awhp. I am limited by gearing and more importantly RPM - but I should hit 240 MPH. I just don't think I'm going to go for full mile and stick with 1/2 mile (and 1/4 of course). Tires and just general traction have given me pause.

My my car last year - without launch - hit 213 (215 on my VBOX) and I was at 32 psi (Switzers car had a record 9.3 at 155 at 35 psi, I did a 9.41 at 155 fully loaded (cage, 3/4 tank and full interior with a 1.62 60 foot). So I think our cars were pretty comparable (I think your car has more power in it though).
    My point is - that build was extremely intense doing a mile in (I honestly think it was more ignorance to what I was doing that got me through that lol).
    If I go - it will be the last day - just like last year. I hear TLC will be there to film part of a documentary if that helps you decide...Click here to enlarge

Anyways - I am very impressed with what you and your tuner have done: I actually have a 2014 E63 S as a daily and I love it (still stock though...Click here to enlarge

Good luck and get into those 8's...you have the platform and tune to do it for sure...
    Sounds like you have an insane build under way.

That E63 S is an amazing car, Steve from Weistec owns one and they have been developing stuff for it since the day they took delivery, they are the leaders in that platformas well. One of my buddies here in Naperville has one and he started off with a Weistec tune which really woke the car up, he has since upgraded to the Weistec downpipes and longtube headers and its a beast. You should consider going with their tune even if its just a daily driver.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sounds like you have an insane build under way.

That E63 S is an amazing car, Steve from Weistec owns one and they have been developing stuff for it since the day they took delivery, they are the leaders in that platformas well. One of my buddies here in Naperville has one and he started off with a Weistec tune which really woke the car up, he has since upgraded to the Weistec downpipes and longtube headers and its a beast. You should consider going with their tune even if its just a daily driver.
    I love my E63 S - amazing car. I have started a crazy build with the GTR and I am quite happy keeping the car stock at least for now (it's a lease so it helps me to stay somewhat firm on that). That said - that never lasts lol...

Anyways - there is also a 1/2 mile side by side in Michigan as well on June 22nd I believe. I am fairly certain I will be at that. Let me know if you are going to to the Michigan Mile - it would be great to see your car go full out.

Oh and good luck with Sticky - sounds like it will be a good race...Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Congrats Jim, I still remember when you first got this car and wrote about it on MB World back in the day. Awesome job here from Weistec too, really shows what the M156 is capable of.

Excited to see possible 8s from a Mercedes-Benz street car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    what chassis work did you do to get it to hook up like that? It seems to come off the line with a well tuned drag setup. It isn't just the tires is it?
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Several reason that I will be out there. A friends bachelor party in Vegas that weekend and I have another money race lined up and then car is going back to Weistec for another phase of mods. No rest for the wicked
    Click here to enlarge
    You are going to make easy money that weekend,because there is no way Sticky,s car will make a 9.1sec 1/4mile simple is that.

there are only a few E36 that are in the eights,i have never heard of a low nine second E9x or even low ten second.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Congrats @JRCART
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @Weistec. Congrats guys. but why hasnt the record been verified with dragtimes yet?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by daytonaM3 Click here to enlarge
    You are going to make easy money that weekend,because there is no way Sticky,s car will make a 9.1sec 1/4mile simple is that.

there are only a few E36 that are in the eights,i have never heard of a low nine second E9x or even low ten second.
    Does anyone know what Stickys car runs? What kind if setup does he have?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Does anyone know what Stickys car runs? What kind if setup does he have?
    I think last time he ran it was mid 10's. Joe, if you want to save 6,000 pay me four grand to forfeit the challenge you accepted to race me next Feb.
    Last edited by ecampbell; 05-20-2014 at 09:28 AM.
    Click here to enlarge

I will quit being rude if you quit being stupid.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SLS AMG Click here to enlarge
    @Weistec. Congrats guys. but why hasnt the record been verified with dragtimes yet?
    I was wondering the same thing. Drag Times even posted it on the Dragtimes FB page and Instagram feeds yesterday but time not showing up on the MB list????
    Click here to enlarge

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast