Close

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Fast Lane Click here to enlarge
    oh and you do?
    It is quite obvious I know more than you.
    Click here to enlarge

I will quit being rude if you quit being stupid.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    May I know who negative rep'd me?
    Thank you

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

7 out of 9 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    MB members will neg. rep. you because it is cloudy outside, or they did not get their latte quick enough at Starbucks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
    It is quite obvious I know more than you.
    And it's quite obvious that you are lying

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

0 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BigM62 Click here to enlarge
    MB members will neg. rep. you because it is cloudy outside, or they did not get their latte quick enough at Starbucks.
    I got negative repped quite a bit as well. This system is quite gay to be honest. The admin of the forum should have full authority of this rep system and not hand it to any member

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I got negative repped quite a bit as well. This system is quite gay to be honest. The admin of the forum should have full authority of this rep system and not hand it to any member
    Using the word gay as a synonym for stupid is... well. Anyway I prefer to give members a voice and role. If you want me as dictator that's fine I kind of agree.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

And it's quite obvious that you are lying
    You say there is no way the merc trans can be used with the shifter that is in the car and I say it can. I am willing to put my money where my mouth is - are you?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

I have enough!
    You have poor assumptions which in your opinion is considered "information." Before solid proof is provided for your accusations, your commentary is irrelevant.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

did you ever think the reason you get neg repped is because you come across as a complete tool? Quit blaming others for your $#@!ty attitude...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

0 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
    You say there is no way the merc trans can be used with the shifter that is in the car and I say it can. I am willing to put my money where my mouth is - are you?
    Take your money and stick it up your ass. Bring proof or STFU

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    did you ever think the reason you get neg repped is because you come across as a complete tool? Quit blaming others for your $#@!ty attitude...
    No I just blame morons like yourself

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

It's time for Fast Lane to exit this thread.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Take your money and stick it up your ass. Bring proof or STFU
    Fast lane you are the one making accusations so it should be on you to prove what is being used.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    The transmission is not stock and I know that because I have been told that ahead of time from people that have seen the car. That is the reason that I saw the shifter under the helmet, otherwise I would have never noticed it. In the videos that they produce they make a big effort to hide the shifter and that is because I assume they want people to think it's a stock transmission.

That is not the only think with the car that they (ECampbell and JRCart) are misleading with. They do not tell you what ECU is in the car and they mislead you with that too. The other things that are done to the car they have not misled anyone with information so I won't call them out on it, they also have not made claim that the parts are stock so their is no reason to.

The bottom line is the car is very fast and they broke a lot of things to get to this point. It is impressive regardless of what parts are used to make it go fast. This is just a pathetic attempt to manipulate the public into thinking it is something that it is not. Do you want to say that we built a very fast Mercedes drag car then the answer is yes you did. You want to say we built this car and it uses a Mercedes transmission and Mercedes ECU to go that fast then the answer is no, you are lying.

I don't need to visit Weistec, I don't need to place any bets. I already know the answers and it is up to you to believe me or not. I am just letting everyone know to not believe everything that you read, although that's something that you should be well aware of. If you want to believe ECampbell, go right ahead but he is lying straight to your face. He can backpedal all he wants but he is absolutely 100% lying straight to your face.

It's the start of a new week, I think I am over this subject and ready to nave onto the next one because I have made my point here. Hmmmmm, what's next?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I just don't understand all this back and forth. Who cares what they've done to get this record? There are what, a dozen CLKs (probably even less) total in the world that would want to take their car to this extreme? For those folks, they'll find out exactly what has been done to make it happen (e.g. @ecampbell), and they'll have to decide if that is acceptable to them or not.

For everyone else, can't we just enjoy the fact that this car is running insane times? Why bicker over the details? What does it help/solve/matter?

-Rich

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CaliBenz Click here to enlarge
    The transmission is not stock and I know that because I have been told that ahead of time from people that have seen the car. That is the reason that I saw the shifter under the helmet, otherwise I would have never noticed it. In the videos that they produce they make a big effort to hide the shifter and that is because I assume they want people to think it's a stock transmission.

That is not the only think with the car that they (ECampbell and JRCart) are misleading with. They do not tell you what ECU is in the car and they mislead you with that too. The other things that are done to the car they have not misled anyone with information so I won't call them out on it, they also have not made claim that the parts are stock so their is no reason to.

The bottom line is the car is very fast and they broke a lot of things to get to this point. It is impressive regardless of what parts are used to make it go fast. This is just a pathetic attempt to manipulate the public into thinking it is something that it is not. Do you want to say that we built a very fast Mercedes drag car then the answer is yes you did. You want to say we built this car and it uses a Mercedes transmission and Mercedes ECU to go that fast then the answer is no, you are lying.

I don't need to visit Weistec, I don't need to place any bets. I already know the answers and it is up to you to believe me or not. I am just letting everyone know to not believe everything that you read, although that's something that you should be well aware of. If you want to believe ECampbell, go right ahead but he is lying straight to your face. He can backpedal all he wants but he is absolutely 100% lying straight to your face.

It's the start of a new week, I think I am over this subject and ready to nave onto the next one because I have made my point here. Hmmmmm, what's next?
    Your going to look pretty stupid when it is revealed what was done to the trans.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by richpike Click here to enlarge
    For everyone else, can't we just enjoy the fact that this car is running insane times? Why bicker over the details? What does it help/solve/matter?
    well the thing is they are the top customers for Weistec and have the highest upgrades available from them as well as prototypes, sort of like Sticky and Gintani and the M3

when Sticky's car is finished you can buy an E92 M3 and take it to Gintani and be like "I see you put this this and that from your catalog on that car. I want it too so I can run what he's running." then you pay what is advertised and you get what he gets. but with this situation if you buy a CLK BS, take it to Weistec and say "I want this this and that from your catalog" and then take it to a track you're not gonna run what JRCART is running if you can't with the upgraded MB parts advertised. i can understand the fuss and i think if these accusations are true the best thing would be to just come out with the truth
    '08 535xi - fbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rawad1017 Click here to enlarge
    well the thing is they are the top customers for Weistec and have the highest upgrades available from them as well as prototypes, sort of like Sticky and Gintani and the M3

when Sticky's car is finished you can buy an E92 M3 and take it to Gintani and be like "I see you put this this and that from your catalog on that car. I want it too so I can run what he's running." then you pay what is advertised and you get what he gets. but with this situation if you buy a CLK BS, take it to Weistec and say "I want this this and that from your catalog" and then take it to a track you're not gonna run what JRCART is running if you can't with the upgraded MB parts advertised. i can understand the fuss and i think if these accusations are true the best thing would be to just come out with the truth
    That is not true, Weistec will sell anything to anyone that has the budget to take their cars as far as Earl and I have. In fact up until last Fall Earl and I had IDENTICAL cars and they consistantly ran within .100 of a second of one another for about the past 3 years. At one event he would inch me out at the next event I would inch him out by a fraction of a second. Earl held the M156 record for over a year before I finally beat it last Fall at Atco. Weistec can and will duplicate anything for anyone. They are smart business people the more 8 and 9 second cars they have running around the better the advertising is for them. It's not like Earl and I have some special say in their business matters, not like we can say "don't build any of your customers a faster car than you built us". Earl and I have very deep pockets, when someone goes faster then we just ship our cars off to Weistec, write them a check and say make it faster, it's really as simple as that. I have a feeling that is exactly why Earl's car is back at Weistec right now. I beat him and currently hold the record once again now he is winding up for a counter punch, I can't wait to see what he comes back with....better get my check book ready lol.
    Click here to enlarge

1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Let me make one addition to my comment above, there are certain special parts that Weistec develops and tests on Earls car and my cars(all 3 of my cars). Sometimes these parts make it to market sometimes they do not. Weistec Earl and I have a good working relationship and agreement. I trust Weistec and they trust me. I know that I am pushing the limits of every component on my car, if something breaks or blows up I know the risk involved. If something does blow up Weistec knows Earl and I will not come on these forums bad mouthing Weistec about blowing up a motor or trans. Earl and I understand that it is all part of the R&D process. On the flip side Earl and I know that if something does break Weistec will fix if for us and then we will go back to the track with something bigger and better. Earl and I were at the drag strip in Las Vegas when I finally blew my stock trans 3 years ago. Steve and Mike from Weistec looked at me and said "I am suprised it lasted this long" and I said "me too". We laughed, watched Earl break a record then we loaded my car onto my hauler, partied in Vegas a couple nights and then the car was on it's way back to Wesitec so they could begin working on trans upgrades which have benefitted EVERYONE with a 7G trans and those very same upgrades are now available on the Wesitec website for sale to anyone.
    Click here to enlarge

1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^ Very good posts JR.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well I'm not specifically chiming in about this car but regarding your point we bicker about the details and specs here basically all the time. We want to know the exact specifications and mods on cars, don't we?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    We want to know the exact specifications and mods on cars, don't we?
    And we've been told multiple times. Like I said earlier: there are a handful of people who will want these updates - they'll go to Weistec and request the same modifications to their car that JRCart and Earl have. They'll either get them or they won't - my guess is if you are going to plunk down six figures for these modifications (my guess on pricing) they'll get them.

But for us (especially if we aren't in the dozen or so of folks who will actually take their AMG to this level) to spend 1 page on congratulating and 8 pages on questioning/accusing seems ridiculous.

-Rich

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    And we've been told multiple times. Like I said earlier: there are a handful of people who will want these updates - they'll go to Weistec and request the same modifications to their car that JRCart and Earl have. They'll either get them or they won't - my guess is if you are going to plunk down six figures for these modifications (my guess on pricing) they'll get them.
    You're absolutely right in this respect but my point is the guy doing research online wants to read what all the specs and parts are. I know I do when I see a car make a record run. I don't want to go around calling tuners and pulling teeth necessarily to get the information.

But for us (especially if we aren't in the dozen or so of folks who will actually take their AMG to this level) to spend 1 page on congratulating and 8 pages on questioning/accusing seems ridiculous.
    It is but unfortunately this is how people are. Not even just on forums just in real life. Say you get a nice new car your 'friends' or neighbors will congratulate you to your face only to talk behind your back a second later.

Anyway, there are some valid questions here and I think we will get more info in due time.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CaliBenz Click here to enlarge

This is quite sad. I had thought that this type of discussion is reserved just for the GTR community - but I guess not.
    There are so many things that go into shops creating modifications at this level - the R&D, testing and finding willing customers to go through the journey with you is not easy. When people state - "I bought the same package and I am not exactly at the same level as the one so and so used for the record" - that is silly to me.
    It is extremely difficult to match a record as so many factors come into play when racing a car - again especially at this level. It is so easy to tear down these companies - but its usually because people have no idea what goes into them to make packages at this level.

What should be appreciated is that these types of shops exist at all. Oh yes - they make money - but the "extreme" crowd is thin to few so developing all-out packages to break records is not the best business plan in most cases. Many - including JR - work with shops like Weistec to do this because they love to go fast and push boundaries. The time and money is astonishing to develop these upgrades (and tunes).

It IS better just to give some props then try to break these guys down.

In the end it is very simple;

Do your due diligence - if you feel the products are not worth the money - don't buy them - if you do - enjoy.

For the people like myself, Sticky and JR cart - we need these companies to exist so we can pursue our passion.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vtknight Click here to enlarge
    Do your due diligence - if you feel the products are not worth the money - don't buy them - if you do - enjoy.
    Bingo - my point exactly. Nice write-up.

-Rich

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast