Close

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

@JRCART congrats brother
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Great job @JRCART, beyond epic $#@! man. Full interior 9s is no easy feat. You sir, are a boss.
    Because racecar.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Safety is major concern at this level. Congratulations.
    Honda CBR 1000RR, Superbike Supply, Arrow, HRC, BMC, Lee's Cycle, Galfer, EBC, Revzilla, AXO, Dainese, Scorpion Helmets

Honda Grom, most fun you'll ever have on 2 wheels.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    Video was removed. But good stuff, waiting to see 8's!
    Not sure why that link is not working, video is still posted and live.

http://m.youtube.com/user/Weistec
    Click here to enlarge

1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Congrats bud and congrats to Weistec as well, I know you both have been working hard to achieve this. Looks like Renntech is gonna have to step up their game to even come close to beating this. Not to worry though, I'm sure you will see 8's and no one will beat that for a long time.
    Take a bow dude, you've earned it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

9's on a street car, nuts! though you can bet if you're flagging "fastest in the world" someone out there is already planning a full blown racer. this will be interesting lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by louis redfoot Click here to enlarge
    9's on a street car, nuts! though you can bet if you're flagging "fastest in the world" someone out there is already planning a full blown racer. this will be interesting lol
    If and when someone beats the records then I will worry about it. There is still more I can do to this car if I need to, bigger blower, nitrous and drop another 300 pounds if need be. Furthermore this is a street car with a factory chassis, if someone wants to build a tube chassis race car with an AMG motor more power to them, I will be cheering them on but that will not affect this record, it will be apples and oranges.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Damn 60-130 in 4 seconds, that's nuts. Awesome video, car sounds nasty man.
    Big props from one avid drag racer to another!
    Because racecar.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

A new video was posted with the 60-130 time. Previous video link edited out and updated.

Article coming.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    If and when someone beats the records then I will worry about it. There is still more I can do to this car if I need to, bigger blower, nitrous and drop another 300 pounds if need be. Furthermore this is a street car with a factory chassis, if someone wants to build a tube chassis race car with an AMG motor more power to them, I will be cheering them on but that will not affect this record, it will be apples and oranges.
    what do you estimate is the upper hp limit on this car?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by louis redfoot Click here to enlarge
    what do you estimate is the upper hp limit on this car?
    I have no idea, we are at over 1200 hp now. We have a sleeved block that we can build when the time is right but for now the stock block and crank are handling the power quite well. I would assume we are already approaching the upper limits of the stock block at this point but unfortunately there is only one way to find out the answer to that question.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

I have no idea, we are at over 1200 hp now. We have a sleeved block that we can build when the time is right but for now the stock block and crank are handling the power quite well. I would assume we are already approaching the upper limits of the stock block at this point but unfortunately there is only one way to find out the answer to that question.
    stock block and crank? holy crap, when are you building? congrats btw
    '08 535xi - fbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Hey guys thanks for the kind words. Based on a few of the comments I can see there are a few of you that are not all too familiar with a CLK63 Black Series or my CLK63 Black Series which is understandable since it is such a rare car and I have not been posting on here much as of late. First off the Black Series comes from the factory with widened fenders, I am running factory stock fenders. I converted from a steel to cf roof and hood. AC has been stripped from the car. I am running lightweight race seats, two of them. Car has factory glass windows and power windows. Car still has navigation and radio installed. Car has gone on a pretty good diet but is still only about 200 pounds lighter than stock, 5 he blower unit, plumbing and full roll cage add up quickly. This car has evolved over the years, during the last round of work Weistec suggested a full blown weight reduction, strip everything but I wanted to keep this a real street car and not just a stripped out race car. I think what I have is a happy medium between a full blown racer and a true full weight street car. Obviously the race harnesses and cage are NHRA mandated equipment so at a glance the interior may appear to be race than street but I can assure everyone that most of the stock interior is intact and there were about 10 other guys from an MB forum at the track yesterday that checked the car out and can vouch for the car still having a nearly stock interior.

As for who drives my car, it's usually me but Steve from Weistec also drives it during shakedown runs and debugging runs. We both drove the car yesterday but the 9.16 was achieved by Steve, I ran the 9.19. Also ran some 9.5's and 9.6's yesterday. Actually every run we made yesterday with the exception of beat the old world record. The fact that Gintani runs Stickys car is no big deal, it is actually pretty common for tuners to drive a car, to shake it down, get a first hand feel for how it performs in a real world situation. I personally feel safer planting my ass in the seat of a car knowing the builder has enough confidence in its safety to do the same. 150mph trap speeds are no joke, you can get killed real quick at those speeds so safety becomes a big concern for all involved.
    I'm blown away by this car - congrats @JRCART. Nicely done. And nice post. Informative, factual and humble. Speak softly and carry a big motor. Click here to enlarge

-Rich
    2010 E90 LCI 335i Black Sapphire (his)
    COBB/PTF proTUNE/Alpina/BMS Drop-in/PSS/Blizzak
    2016 Acura MDX SH-AWD Graphite Luster Metallic (hers)
    1969 Opel Gt Strato Blue (storage)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    One of his other cars:

Attachment 38131
    I've got a beater like that too (in my son's hot wheels collectionClick here to enlarge).

-Rich
    2010 E90 LCI 335i Black Sapphire (his)
    COBB/PTF proTUNE/Alpina/BMS Drop-in/PSS/Blizzak
    2016 Acura MDX SH-AWD Graphite Luster Metallic (hers)
    1969 Opel Gt Strato Blue (storage)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by richpike Click here to enlarge
    I've got a beater like that too (in my son's hot wheels collectionClick here to enlarge).

-Rich
    just some real estate here, though i am looking to start a mobile restaurant with some famous friends. made about 300k in one of our houses the past year, pretty stoked about that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Congrats @JRCART

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Well done for the both of you,Bravo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Weistec Engineering sets new quickest and fastest Mercedes-Benz AMG world record with 9.1 @ 155 1/4 mile pass

Congratulations are in order to Weistec Engineering for raising the bar and setting a new world record. The previous world's fastest Mercedes-Benz record also set by this same Weistec supercharged CLK63 AMG stood at 9.757 @ 151.95 which was set in November of last year at the ATCO dragstrip in New Jersey. In less favorable conditions at Byron Dragway in Illinois the same Weistec supercharged M156 built motor V8 W209 CLK63 AMG Black Series managed a 9.193 @ 155.11 pass with a 1.550 60 foot time good for a new quickest and fastest Mercedes world record.

Click here to enlarge

Density altitude at noon was 730 feet above sea level and the temperature was 55.9 degrees. Not the best conditions possible but certainly not terrible either. With zero to negative density altitude the car will run 8's as it sits and some power was dialed out to help the 315/50/16 Mickey Thompson drag radials hook off the line.

A video and the timeslips are below. Please do not pay attention to the date on the slips it is incorrect. The passes took place on 5/17/2014 not the 5/19/2014 it states which at the time of this writing is actually tomorrow.

The quickest pass comes on a 150 trap speed with a 9.160 elapsed time and the fastest trap speed is a 155.78 which comes on the worst 60 foot at 1.716. The most telling pass is the 9.193 @ 155.11 slip. An incredible 4.0 second flat 60-130 time was also achieved.

Congratulations to all involved and at this point Weistec is only competing against themselves. It certainly looks like the first 8 second Mercedes street car will come from Weistec Engineering.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Amazing pass. Congrats @JRCART. Nicely done. Yes 8 seconds is achievable since the car is trapping near 156mph

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Sticky, my previous 9.7 record was only the fastest trap record, Renntech held the ET record with their nitrous powered SLR, I beleive that record was a 9.66. Either way I now hold the quickest and fastest.

Still interested in running this car with your M3?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Congrat @JRCART!!

Been raving to all my MB friends this weekend about how incredible these times and trap speed are...They dont realize how incredible the numbers are...Regardless the car is unreal and I just want to say congrats, youve come a long way with this car...
    PERFORMANCE: Cobb AP \ JB4 \ DCI \ AR Downpipes \ CX FMIC \ ER Chargepipe \ Synapse BOV \ KW V2 \ Muffler Delete \ CDV \ ZHP Shifter \ Cyba Scoops
    FUN: LC Lemans 19" \ M3 Front \ Mtech Rear \ JL 10W6 \ ModMyNav \ V1 Hardwired \ LUX H8 \ Gloss Black Trim \ Cyba Quads \ Cyba Mtech Diffuser

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Here we go Click here to enlarge
    PERFORMANCE: Cobb AP \ JB4 \ DCI \ AR Downpipes \ CX FMIC \ ER Chargepipe \ Synapse BOV \ KW V2 \ Muffler Delete \ CDV \ ZHP Shifter \ Cyba Scoops
    FUN: LC Lemans 19" \ M3 Front \ Mtech Rear \ JL 10W6 \ ModMyNav \ V1 Hardwired \ LUX H8 \ Gloss Black Trim \ Cyba Quads \ Cyba Mtech Diffuser

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Why wouldn't I be?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Sticky, my previous 9.7 record was only the fastest trap record, Renntech held the ET record with their nitrous powered SLR, I beleive that record was a 9.66. Either way I now hold the quickest and fastest.
    Then fastest blower only.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Why wouldn't I be?
    Ok, you are in luck, I am going to be running in an event in Vegas this summer, you can come out to Vegas and run me. Event is late July and takes place late at night so its cooler, but I could care less about conditions since we will be running side by side on same track in same conditions and we both have FI motors. See you then.....no excuses. Bring cash
    Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast