Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: I want to build up an M156 E63 AMG - Who are the experts?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's one thing a supercharger on my 6.2 probably won't compare to with tuned twin turbo 5.5s...
    Click here to enlarge
    Renntech ECU upgrade, carbon fiber airbox, 82mm throttle body, performance soundpipe, long tube headers, 100% locking limited slip differential...
    https://www.facebook.com/mbe63amg

2. #ADS

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I asked my builder how much time he'd need my car for to install the stage 3 Weistec supercharger setup. He said he'll look into it and get back to me. I sent him a link to the Weistec page. I'll let you know what he says. So I'm definitely getting ready to make this happen...
    Click here to enlarge
    Renntech ECU upgrade, carbon fiber airbox, 82mm throttle body, performance soundpipe, long tube headers, 100% locking limited slip differential...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1471 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I asked my builder how much time he'd need my car for to install the stage 3 Weistec supercharger setup. He said he'll look into it and get back to me. I sent him a link to the Weistec page. I'll let you know what he says. So I'm definitely getting ready to make this happen...
    Any competent mechanic should be able to do it. I don't think anyone needs more than a day but hey.
    $100 fantasy football league, register here (ONE SPOT OPEN): http://www.germanboost.com/showthrea...ague-2014-2015

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Any competent mechanic should be able to do it. I don't think anyone needs more than a day but hey.
    I think the only problem is - he's very busy. I don't imagine he'll dedicate a whole day or more solely to my car.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1471 Post(s)

I think the only problem is - he's very busy. I don't imagine he'll dedicate a whole day or more solely to my car.
    Hey you're paying him.

What's important is for it to get done right, not fast.
    $100 fantasy football league, register here (ONE SPOT OPEN): http://www.germanboost.com/showthrea...ague-2014-2015

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Hey you're paying him.

What's important is for it to get done right, not fast.
    x2. My car spent just under 2 weeks getting my s/c installed. Now my case is a little different so 2 reasons.

1. My installed put the car on the dyno and had it there for a week. Every time they ran the car and wanted to modify the tune they had to email Weistec, wait overnight for the reply (being in Australia we are asleep when they are awake), then try again.
    2. We have RHD cars so a little fabrication for the power steering pump is needed.

I think anyone that says they can do the car in 1 day is delusional. I think 3 days to do it properly, make sure the tune is perfect, test it. etc... presuming everything goes smoothly.

Either way it is definitely worth doing and worth the wait. My car shaved 7/10ths second off my N/A 1/4 time, in warmer weather.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thank you for this information. What stage did you go with? My installer doesn't have a dyno. So that's going to make things more challenging... I don't know what I'm going to do about that. That sounds like a major bump in the road. How many times did the car go on the dyno to finish? Also, what car do you have and what was your 1/4 mile time to begin with?

Thanks again...

EDIT: I see. Stage 2 C63. Nice gains... I'll be going with the stage 3 setup so I wonder how much different I'll see... I'm become more confident that my E63 will be as fast as my S4 - which would be perfect...

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by charliekay Click here to enlarge
    x2. My car spent just under 2 weeks getting my s/c installed. Now my case is a little different so 2 reasons.

1. My installed put the car on the dyno and had it there for a week. Every time they ran the car and wanted to modify the tune they had to email Weistec, wait overnight for the reply (being in Australia we are asleep when they are awake), then try again.
    2. We have RHD cars so a little fabrication for the power steering pump is needed.

I think anyone that says they can do the car in 1 day is delusional. I think 3 days to do it properly, make sure the tune is perfect, test it. etc... presuming everything goes smoothly.

Either way it is definitely worth doing and worth the wait. My car shaved 7/10ths second off my N/A 1/4 time, in warmer weather.
    Last edited by Sal Collaziano; 06-04-2014 at 10:04 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Thank you for this information. What stage did you go with? My installer doesn't have a dyno. So that's going to make things more challenging... I don't know what I'm going to do about that. That sounds like a major bump in the road. How many times did the car go on the dyno to finish? Also, what car do you have and what was your 1/4 mile time to begin with?

Thanks again...

EDIT: I see. Stage 2 C63. Nice gains... I'll be going with the stage 3 setup so I wonder how much different I'll see... I'm become more confident that my E63 will be as fast as my S4 - which would be perfect...
    That's right, Stage 2 with a stock tranny.

Here is a write up I did on the before and after supercharger comparison.

http://www.benzboost.com/showthread....ults-Australia

Essentially I went 11.8 N/A, with exhaust and tune. Full weight car. Only support the car had was from Micky Thompson ET Street Radial tyres.

After supercharger install I went 11.1 with same wheels, tyres, fuel, etc. Also same track, but weather was 10 degrees warmer on the supercharger run, so should see an 11.0 in the middle of winter.

With some weight reduction, race fuel and 16in wheels with drag rubber I should be able to see a 10.7-10.8.

Stage 3 w/ tranny upgrade, you should see a 10.5-10.7 with some good supporting mods. Remember the E63 weights 150-200lbs more than the C63.

With the dyno issue, you are better off talking to Weistec about that, it may not be an issue with you guys in the states because our fuel here is different to yours, we need to tune it specifically for our fuel which obviously takes a bit of tweaking to get right, where as in the states you know what fuel you have and Weistec have already perfected the tune for your fuel.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thank you. I sent an email to Weistec asking them what they might program my ECU to with their stage 3 setup and a stock transmission. In other words, I'm thinking maybe I could buy the stage 3 setup and have them program it to the power ratings on their stage 2 setup until I get my transmission built. The rebuilt transmission option has a 3-4 week lead time and I'm not ready for that right now...

I won't take a chance of blowing my transmission with full stage 3 power when I haven't seen or heard of anyone else going that route and running their car successfully for awhile.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1471 Post(s)

Thank you. I sent an email to Weistec asking them what they might program my ECU to with their stage 3 setup and a stock transmission. In other words, I'm thinking maybe I could buy the stage 3 setup and have them program it to the power ratings on their stage 2 setup until I get my transmission built. The rebuilt transmission option has a 3-4 week lead time and I'm not ready for that right now...

I won't take a chance of blowing my transmission with full stage 3 power when I haven't seen or heard of anyone else going that route and running their car successfully for awhile.
    You can dial the power down a bit of course if you want. Since it's a supercharger you will likely want to do that with a pulley along with the software.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You can dial the power down a bit of course if you want. Since it's a supercharger you will likely want to do that with a pulley along with the software.
    Yes, but Weistec said, "Your 2010 E63 has the MCT transmission. This transmission holds quite a bit more power than the older 7 spd transmissions. If you do the TCU/Valvebody upgrade, which has a 3 day turn around time (plus shipping time) you will be able to enjoy the power of stage 3 for quite a while with out having any transmission issues. We also have a lower boost pulley that we could send you to reduce power."

So... I'm back, again, with simply going stage 3. And, if I feel the need, I could always reduce power. I'm not sure HOW much. Honestly, I don't plan on drag racing the car all over the place. I'll hit the local track once to see how things are after the upgrades and then all that'll ever likely happen are rolling pulls here and there.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1471 Post(s)

Yes, but Weistec said, "Your 2010 E63 has the MCT transmission. This transmission holds quite a bit more power than the older 7 spd transmissions. If you do the TCU/Valvebody upgrade, which has a 3 day turn around time (plus shipping time) you will be able to enjoy the power of stage 3 for quite a while with out having any transmission issues. We also have a lower boost pulley that we could send you to reduce power."

So... I'm back, again, with simply going stage 3. And, if I feel the need, I could always reduce power. I'm not sure HOW much. Honestly, I don't plan on drag racing the car all over the place. I'll hit the local track once to see how things are after the upgrades and then all that'll ever likely happen are rolling pulls here and there.
    Heh well then there you go!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm going to start ordering and arranging all of this next week.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1471 Post(s)

I hope the congratulations isn't premature, congrats!

Wonder if @Weistec will cut me a commission? Click here to enlarge

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345