Close

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

3 out of 4 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I am administrator and it is my responsibility to make sure non-supporting vendors do not illicitly advertise and that users are not taken advantage of.

So, when someone registers and offers out of nowhere with their first post to 'build' somebody's car for them that raises about every red flag that can be raised.

So I ask again, who are you?
    OH MY GOD SORRY SORRY SORRY. I think you were pirate, not admin.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Ok I will not talk about my garage. Peace

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ValveBucket Click here to enlarge
    I think you were pirate
    LOL it's all good that's funny.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
    Based upon my personal experience, it is more than completely fair.

When I first got my CLK I was looking at options. I called Renntech (Weistec was not in business yet) and said I was interested in an installation of all of their products as it applied to the CLK. They must have thought I was a tire kicker and quoted me a pie in the sky price for installation (plus 50% upfront) - no break on parts, labour. I was told I would have to get the car out within so many days after the install was complete or storage fee would apply. Quite frankly, the quy was an arrogant prick.

It all worked out for me in the end but there is nothing they could do to earn my business as that is not how you treat potential clients.
    Earl, I had a similar experience with Renntech back in the late fall of 2007 when I was looking to ship my CLK off for it's first round of mods. That is why I ultimately found evosport and went that route. IMO Renntech has not been a viable tuner for about 3 years. They have devloped more cheesy looking body kits than they have functional and power producing tunes and bolt-ons.
    Click here to enlarge

1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    Earl, I had a similar experience with Renntech back in the late fall of 2007 when I was looking to ship my CLK off for it's first round of mods. That is why I ultimately found evosport and went that route. IMO Renntech has not been a viable tuner for about 3 years. They have devloped more cheesy looking body kits than they have functional and power producing tunes and bolt-ons.
    They have a nice turbo upgrade package among lot's of other things.

Did Evosport work out better than Renntech? I think we all know how that went. Renntech is a superior Mercedes tuning option to anything Evosport can offer which is what, hooking up nitrous from the guys down the street and billing the living $#@! out of you?

Evosport couldn't accomplish anything for me other than having Jeremy tune on their Dynojet and getting me HRE's. Oh their tint guy did a good job. If that's the level of modifications someone wants...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

hooking up nitrous from the guys down the street and billing the living $#@! out of you?

Renntech did the same thing with the 9 second SLR'sClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SLS AMG Click here to enlarge
    Renntech did the same thing with the 9 second SLR'sClick here to enlarge
    No, that SLR had many other upgrades it wasn't just a bunch of nitrous. They maxed out the stock blower so nitrous was the only choice.

It would be cool to see a 3.0 liter on an SLR.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Did Evosport work out better than Renntech? I think we all know how that went. Renntech is a superior Mercedes tuning option to anything Evosport can offer which is what, hooking up nitrous from the guys down the street and billing the living $#@! out of you?

Evosport couldn't accomplish anything for me other than having Jeremy tune on their Dynojet and getting me HRE's. Oh their tint guy did a good job. If that's the level of modifications someone wants...
    hindsight is always 20/20.

the fact remains that Renntech staff is too arrogant.
    Click here to enlarge

I will quit being rude if you quit being stupid.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

No, that SLR had many other upgrades it wasn't just a bunch of nitrous. They maxed out the stock blower so nitrous was the only choice.

Riiiiiiiiiiiight! lol

So they did in fact use nitrous which you agree with

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Riiiiiiiiiiiight! lol

So they did in fact use nitrous which you agree with
    Why would I state they didn't? In the article on wrote on the car I clearly mention it.

As I stated there was nowhere else for them to go. They can either upgrade the blower or add nitrous, that's it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Why would I state they didn't? In the article on wrote on the car I clearly mention it.

As I stated there was nowhere else for them to go. They can either upgrade the blower or add nitrous, that's it.
    They cant!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

They cant!
    Well maybe someone could try the 3.0 liter on the SLR. It's basically the same motor as the E55.

I see no reason why anyone 'can't' do it.

There is of course also the option of replacing the SC with turbos. Regardless, not my car but these are all possible options. They certainly are more involved than adding nitrous and it isn't my money or car once again.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Well maybe someone could try the 3.0 liter on the SLR. It's basically the same motor as the E55.

I see no reason why anyone 'can't' do it.

There is of course also the option of replacing the SC with turbos. Regardless, not my car but these are all possible options. They certainly are more involved than adding nitrous and it isn't my money or car once again.
    Excuse me what???

Hell NO its isn't. Same displacement , Yes. Same Motor, absolutely NOT. I just saw brand new SLR engine here in Qatar. completely different than the M113 bro, I mean seriously

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Excuse me what???

Hell NO its isn't. Same displacement , Yes. Same Motor, absolutely NOT. I just saw brand new SLR engine here in Qatar. completely different than the M113 bro, I mean seriously
    It's not completely different. It's the same basic architecture. M155 and M133 E55 share the same bore and stroke and design. The SLR gets some changes but people often adapt things like the intercoolers and headers to the M133 E55 motor. It's even the same blower.

So, sorry, yes, same basic thing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Evosport built me the first set of longtube headerds in the world for my M156 CLK, they had a good relationship with PC and got the first decent tune for an M156, sure, they outsourced stuff but who doesn't? At the time they were willing to do more for me than Renntech and as a result they tuned about 75% of the CLK BS's that got any aftermarket work done as a result of their efforts with my CLK...obviosuly they pissed away everything becuase the company is no longer around and Renntech is. Renntech did not want to be bothered with me..or Earl, I'll bet Harmut and company are regretting making that decision these days.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

So, sorry, yes, same basic thing.
    No they aren't. Blower is not n Engine, its piece mounted on the engine

I really don't want to start an argument with you, but please go to any AMG warehouse in Germany and tell them the M113 is the same as the M155 and look at how rapidly they laugh at you. the M155 is hand built and takes much more time and hard work to assemble than the M113.

The SLR has a completely different valvetrain. different Pistons & connecting rods, Different cams, different Crank and different intake design, different internals overall

Like I said, same displacement and same block, but completely different motor.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Wrong...that car was pretty much just a weight stripped, 300 shot of nitorus, headers and a small pulley. They enjoyed their two years at the top but I have a feeling they will never have another car at the top of the Mercedes list.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Evosport built me the first set of longtube headerds in the world for my M156 CLK, they had a good relationship with PC and got the first decent tune for an M156, sure, they outsourced stuff but who doesn't? At the time they were willing to do more for me than Renntech and as a result they tuned about 75% of the CLK BS's that got any aftermarket work done as a result of their efforts with my CLK...obviosuly they pissed away everything becuase the company is no longer around and Renntech is. Renntech did not want to be bothered with me..or Earl, I'll bet Harmut and company are regretting making that decision these days.
    Considering my car was there for quite a while I'm quite familiar.

And how is Evosport's capability for Mercedes platforms compared to Renntech's? It is no comparison. Evosport doesn't have much of anything for Mercedes tuning they are basically a shop that installs things other people come up with.

I can't speak for what Renntech did regarding business with you or Earl. All I can say is they do a far better job tuning AMG's than Evosport ever did.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Wrong...that car was pretty much just a weight stripped, 300 shot of nitorus, headers and a small pulley. They enjoyed their two years at the top but I have a feeling they will never have another car at the top of the Mercedes list.
    It's not wrong the OEM blower doesn't have much of anything else left in it so yes they stripped weight and added nitrous as your only option is what? A bigger blower or turbos.

Look we all love Weistec but let's not act like every other tuner on the planet is garbage. Everyone can have their strengths and weaknesses and the more tuners we have the better it is for all of us.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

No they aren't. Blower is not n Engine, its piece mounted on the engine

I really don't want to start an argument with you, but please go to any AMG warehouse in Germany and tell them the M113 is the same as the M155 and look at how rapidly they laugh at you. the M155 is hand built and takes much more time and hard work to assemble than the M113.

The SLR has a completely different valvetrain. different Pistons & connecting rods, Different cams, different Crank and different intake design, different internals overall

Like I said, same displacement and same block, but completely different motor.
    Look man I don't know why you're trying to educate me here. The SLR uses an M113 family engine. It is based on the M113 E55 and really only has minor changes. Same architecture, same blower, same bore x stroke, and probably a whole bunch of other similarities.

It gets a dry sump, more boost, revised cooling systems, etc, as the SLR is supposed to be a track car. All of these things can be done on the M113 in the E55 and many have been.

So sorry it isn't completely different it's the same damn M113 engine family with the same blower. I'd argue the M159 gets more changes to it and we all know that is an M156 architecture so stating the SLR's motor is completely different is a fallacy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Lol...worst kept secret in the world and as you say, that is likely it.

FYI I completed my factory visit at today and am now back in Tuscany. Will hit you up shortly in Vegas and discuss what is happening Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

It's not wrong the OEM blower doesn't have much of anything else left in it so yes they stripped weight and added nitrous as your only option is what? A bigger blower or turbos.

Look we all love Weistec but let's not act like every other tuner on the planet is garbage. Everyone can have their strengths and weaknesses and the more tuners we have the better it is for all of us.
    Renntech treated us like garbage so what do you expect us to say. They were arrogant then so they are arrogant now.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
    Renntech treated us like garbage so what do you expect us to say. They were arrogant then so they are arrogant now.
    I expect you to share your experience as you have. If they treated you badly they should re-evaluate their customer service but I haven't seen what you are describing personally and I certainly believe Renntech has many quality options for Mercedes tuning.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Already being worked on, by guess who....none other than the good folks at Weistec Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Already being worked on, by guess who....none other than the good folks at Weistec Click here to enlarge
    I would not expect otherwise. That will be fun to see.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast