Close

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

You should be able to run 10's without much trouble.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You should be able to run 10's without much trouble.
    Ya know... After all this talk, I hate to say it, but I think I'm still leaning toward the stage 2... I feel like it's meeting my expectations for this car as a daily driver. All I'm looking for is an 11.0 second 1/4 mile E63. Nothing more... The way I feel, at that point, is if somebody is faster than me - they did great with their car and have my respect. Stage 2 would give me the power I have with my S4. Honestly, I get in that S4 and I don't "want" any more power. The 3.0 liter and an extra horsepower is probably going to over stress the vehicle's components and be faster than I need or want...

Is this crazy talk or am I making any sense here?
    Click here to enlarge
    Stage 3 Weistec Supercharged, long tube headers, high flow catalytic converters, 100% locking limited slip differential, Renntech upgraded transmission
    https://www.facebook.com/mbe63amg

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sal Collaziano Click here to enlarge
    Ya know... After all this talk, I hate to say it, but I think I'm still leaning toward the stage 2... I feel like it's meeting my expectations for this car as a daily driver. All I'm looking for is an 11.0 second 1/4 mile E63. Nothing more... The way I feel, at that point, is if somebody is faster than me - they did great with their car and have my respect. Stage 2 would give me the power I have with my S4. Honestly, I get in that S4 and I don't "want" any more power. The 3.0 liter and an extra horsepower is probably going to over stress the vehicle's components and be faster than I need or want...

Is this crazy talk or am I making any sense here?
    You're going to happy either way but it just depends what your goals are.

If you want to keep it reliable with a big increase and don't think you will be tempted for more, Stage II by all means.

I know how I am.

Keep in mind a 3.0 liter will make the same power without generating as much heat.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

...I suppose I could always go with the 3.0 liter and ask Weistec for a weak tune...

You're going to happy either way but it just depends what your goals are.

If you want to keep it reliable with a big increase and don't think you will be tempted for more, Stage II by all means.

I know how I am.

Keep in mind a 3.0 liter will make the same power without generating as much heat.
    Click here to enlarge
    Stage 3 Weistec Supercharged, long tube headers, high flow catalytic converters, 100% locking limited slip differential, Renntech upgraded transmission

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

I'm in South Florida. I do wish I could get out there this weekend but I'm so limited with time these days - it's ridiculous. But I've read enough here to be very confident going with Weistec for my supercharger and final tune.
    How are your transmissions doing with so much power? I should probably get mine built up, right?

The stock trans is very stout. It can easily handle headers and tune all the way up to a Weistec stage 2 supercharger. When you get in to a Stage 3 they recommend doing the trans upgrade.

I recommend the trans upgrade for even the Stage 1, not becuase of any risk of damge but becuase it actually performs better, the Weistec trans upgrade firms up the shifts nicely. It does hit a little harder so if you want a luxo comfort ride that is not the way to go but it sounds like you are the type of guy to sacrafice a tad bit of smoothness for better performance.

Too bad you can not make it up to Daytona the Weistec guys could give you the ins and outs on everything in much greater technical detail than I can.
    Click here to enlarge

1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

...I suppose I could always go with the 3.0 liter and ask Weistec for a weak tune...
    I mean you will be happy with either, really. I just like that the 3.0 liter gives you room to grow. Hell, I'd stick a 3.4 on there if it was an option.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I mean you will be happy with either, really. I just like that the 3.0 liter gives you room to grow. Hell, I'd stick a 3.4 on there if it was an option.
    That's a very good point and I'll have to keep that in mind when I make my purchase...

In other news, I spoke with Renntech and learned my car also has their 100% locking limited slip differential. Cool...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

That's a very good point and I'll have to keep that in mind when I make my purchase...

In other news, I spoke with Renntech and learned my car also has their 100% locking limited slip differential. Cool...
    The rear end is made by a Renntech or do they get from Quaife? I suspect it is made by Quaife which is a good thing as the have a lifetime warranty for the original purchaser.
    Click here to enlarge

I will quit being rude if you quit being stupid.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The answer to this question is not very clear on their website.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

You should ask them.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
    You should ask them.
    I'll put this on my to do list. I'm taking the car to them (hopefully) next week to discuss forced induction options... I like the sounds of Weistec but I'm looking to educate myself as much as possible before making any purchases...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

I'll put this on my to do list. I'm taking the car to them (hopefully) next week to discuss forced induction options... I like the sounds of Weistec but I'm looking to educate myself as much as possible before making any purchases...
    It's a good idea but there really is no other solid option. Maybe Kleemann but if you are in the US it is a no-brainer.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

It's a nice feeling living 30 minutes from your tuner. Sending out your ECU and having your car down for days isn't a very attractive option - although it may be for the best... It really makes me appreciate the piggyback tune I had on my 335i and loading files onto my B5 S4...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Boy, oh boy... I just took a look at the Weistec "tuned ECU" page...

Renntech:
    E 63 (W212) Stock performance:
    518 HP @ 6800 RPM; 465 LB-FT @ 5200 RPM
    Gains:
    16 HP @ 6800 RPM; 20 LB-FT @ 5200 RPM

Weistec:
    +47 Wheel Horsepower
    +32 Wheel Torque

I'm going to assume the Renntech figures are at the crank... What do you think? If that's the case, than I really need to get a Weistec tune... I need to buy a spare ECU...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Educate yourself and you will see one option...Weistec. Nothing against renntech as they were good in the day when there were no other options.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Boy, oh boy... I just took a look at the Weistec "tuned ECU" page...

Renntech:
    E 63 (W212) Stock performance:
    518 HP @ 6800 RPM; 465 LB-FT @ 5200 RPM
    Gains:
    16 HP @ 6800 RPM; 20 LB-FT @ 5200 RPM

Weistec:
    +47 Wheel Horsepower
    +32 Wheel Torque

I'm going to assume the Renntech figures are at the crank... What do you think? If that's the case, than I really need to get a Weistec tune... I need to buy a spare ECU...
    I wouldn't compare things like this. Weistec, Renntech, or a number of others tuners available to you on this network will max out your M156. The main thing is if you want every last horse is to get your tune custom dyno tuned and dialed in for your particular car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Educate yourself and you will see one option...Weistec. Nothing against renntech as they were good in the day when there were no other options.
    Not fair at all. These Mercedes tuners have various specialties, areas of expertise, and product lines.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Not fair at all. These Mercedes tuners have various specialties, areas of expertise, and product lines.
    Based upon my personal experience, it is more than completely fair.

When I first got my CLK I was looking at options. I called Renntech (Weistec was not in business yet) and said I was interested in an installation of all of their products as it applied to the CLK. They must have thought I was a tire kicker and quoted me a pie in the sky price for installation (plus 50% upfront) - no break on parts, labour. I was told I would have to get the car out within so many days after the install was complete or storage fee would apply. Quite frankly, the quy was an arrogant prick.

It all worked out for me in the end but there is nothing they could do to earn my business as that is not how you treat potential clients.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Based upon my personal experience, it is more than completely fair.

When I first got my CLK I was looking at options. I called Renntech (Weistec was not in business yet) and said I was interested in an installation of all of their products as it applied to the CLK. They must have thought I was a tire kicker and quoted me a pie in the sky price for installation (plus 50% upfront) - no break on parts, labour. I was told I would have to get the car out within so many days after the install was complete or storage fee would apply. Quite frankly, the quy was an arrogant prick.

It all worked out for me in the end but there is nothing they could do to earn my business as that is not how you treat potential clients.
    Well everyone I have dealt with from Renntech has been friendly and I can say the same about Weistec.

The thing is you have various tuners doing various things. I can't say anything about your experience but I can also provide many people here who are happy with various network vendors.

I'm glad you found the one that works best for you and I'm happy to have all of them here so each person can find who is best for them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I wouldn't compare things like this. Weistec, Renntech, or a number of others tuners available to you on this network will max out your M156. The main thing is if you want every last horse is to get your tune custom dyno tuned and dialed in for your particular car.
    Two questions...

1. How do I get my car custom dyno tuned by Weistec? I can do it with Renntech because they'll have both my ECU and my car simultaneously... And I assume they have a dyno...

2. Is an ECU and an ECM the same thing? I have an opportunity to buy a spare "ECM" for a little under $900 and thought that would be a nice and easy way to get tuned by Weistec without having my car sit dead in the driveway for a week...

Okay, one more question:

3. Is there any online documentation for accessing/uninstalling/installing an ECU for my car? I'm not having any luck finding it...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

1. How do I get my car custom dyno tuned by Weistec? I can do it with Renntech because they'll have both my ECU and my car simultaneously... And I assume they have a dyno...
    They could probably remote tune it. You would have to talk to them.

2. Is an ECU and an ECM the same thing? I have an opportunity to buy a spare "ECM" for a little under $900 and thought that would be a nice and easy way to get tuned by Weistec without having my car sit dead in the driveway for a week...
    The terms are often interchanged so I'm going to say yes but you might want to post up the ad.

3. Is there any online documentation for accessing/uninstalling/installing an ECU for my car? I'm not having any luck finding it...
    Renntech should have no problem providing this for you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    you can come to my garage. I will build it for you. I built many Mercedes cars. Especially AMGs. Are you in Europe?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ValveBucket Click here to enlarge
    you can come to my garage. I will build it for you. I built many Mercedes cars. Especially AMGs. Are you in Europe?
    Whoa there, timeout.

Who are you?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Whoa there, timeout.

Who are you?
    Sorry my friend. But who are you?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ValveBucket Click here to enlarge
    Sorry my friend. But who are you?
    I am administrator and it is my responsibility to make sure non-supporting vendors do not illicitly advertise and that users are not taken advantage of.

So, when someone registers and offers out of nowhere with their first post to 'build' somebody's car for them that raises about every red flag that can be raised.

So I ask again, who are you?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast