Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Bad Stainless? What do you think?

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...t-i-found.html

In typcial 6speed fashion, the moderator was quick to close the thread stating "most of the posts here are speculation". These are the guy's second set of headers from Agency Power and they failed miserably. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, duuuuhhhh....let's get real. These things are a piece of $#@!.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So they pulled an E90post. Looks like this is a new fad, ban any comments, concerns, voicing opinion of $#@!ty quality if your a vendor that pays to be on the website; regardless of what happens to the members.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I LOVE HOW one guy posted "get it ceramic coated just incase". Just incase what? Ceramic coating isnt going to make the manifold stronger, it just acts as a thermal insulator. Lots of stupid people on that forum.

That manifold is a complete failed design/materials. They probably have the $#@!ing turbos in triple cantilever with $#@!ty stainless and probably $#@!ty welds. Who knows what type of flux the TIG welder was using, he coulda been using some garbage china flux $#@!. This kind of stuff pisses me off, you pay top dollar for $#@!.

One guy even said it might be the tune causing excessive temps. RIIIGGHTT, the tune destroying your headers? Your motor will blow long before your headers crack LIKE THAT if your tune is that bad. $#@!ing idiots I tell you!

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    and i thought e90 was bad..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ceramic coating--LOL!! They should try sugar coating it next time-LOL. It's so obvious the material is cheap and not up to the task. I agree with your bad tune analysis too.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's clear as day, politics. Vendor Emails mod and probably kicks and screams wah wah wah im getting bad publicity because I used 304 China stainless. Hide my $#@! or I'm pulling out of the forum, wah waaaahhhh....

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I've seen many unhappy posts/threads about Vivid Racing on 6speed... not so much when things go well for people (everyone seems to praise their vendor for simply completing a transaction successfully... just goes to show how low our standards are... /rant), but for those that have had problems - seems they go through hell trying to get it resolved. No refunds (store credit instead), poor quality hardware, etc. Vivid has a good rep for being a low-cost parts provider... so if you need a set of Pagids, or a new Clutchmasters clutch, they're allegedly a good option for the money... but IMHO I wouldn't put Agency Power hardware on a GTI, much less a 997 Turbo. Penny-wise and pound-foolish, in my view.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i read through and it seems that they are at least trying to resolve the issue, but the original headers were never sent back to be tested, and the OP is just claiming that its the 2nd set. so the truth has to be somewhere inbetween

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Vivid racing stuff is crap anyways.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    All I heard to hear was 2 failed headers... End of story.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    All I heard to hear was 2 failed headers... End of story.
    but if the customer never actually sent the headers back, then its only 1 set..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Guess that's what happens when you use cheap ass 304 stainless with a high silicone content.

Everything from vivid racing is garbage anyway. Even their e9x exhaust system sounds like trash.

A good 304 stainless will not do that. AR designs stainless certainly isn't the best out there but it does a good job while keeping the price down.

The manifold going on mine is manufactured from 321 stainless....and so will my entire exhaust.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    but if the customer never actually sent the headers back, then its only 1 set..
    I thought I read that the client sent them back, but VR accidentally shipped them back to the client without testing/inspecting them? The client was upset that it cost him $350 to ship them and then get them back for no reason. Wasn't the easiest story to follow, maybe I read it wrong.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MoBoost Click here to enlarge
    In typcial 6speed fashion,
    I'm hoping to grow the Porsche contingent here eventually spinning off into a forum specifically for you Porsche guys to give you what you don't have, freedom. I'm just glad people like you see the difference and it is growing day by day, one by one.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MoBoost Click here to enlarge
    These are the guy's second set of headers from Agency Power and they failed miserably.
    Agency Power is what Vivid pushes and sells on 6speed HARD, and Vivid doesn't give a crap about anything other than making money. They give big bucks to 6speed, a battle that can't be won on 6speed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM Click here to enlarge
    (everyone seems to praise their vendor for simply completing a transaction successfully... just goes to show how low our standards are... /rant)
    RIGHT ON!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Agency Power is Vivids house brand. Its made in China, 99% sure. Same thing EvoMS, Autospeed etc do. Even though they will NEVER admit it, I have held Autospeed S4 headers (cracked) and they were 100% Chinese

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    Guess that's what happens when you use cheap ass 304 stainless with a high silicone content.

Everything from vivid racing is garbage anyway. Even their e9x exhaust system sounds like trash.

A good 304 stainless will not do that. AR designs stainless certainly isn't the best out there but it does a good job while keeping the price down.

The manifold going on mine is manufactured from 321 stainless....and so will my entire exhaust.
    I just want to clear this statement up a little as there has been some question about how I have worded this. I am in no way putting AR Designs products down...at the moment they are the best pipes out bar none for the N54 and the N55 community. I was comparing them to a full 321 stainless built manifold...obviously if they made one of this grade the prices would be way more expensive....so using 304 (and GOOD 304) meets the best of both worlds.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Simple gussets at the flange meeting the pipe can make even the most foolish materials hold up under cantilever due to the turbos weight.

Click here to enlarge