Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Post Garrett GTX-R Turbos at SEMA! Turbo Selection App!

I'm on the Garrett mailing list. Click here to enlarge

I personally want to try a twin-scroll GTX3076R on my SR20DET in my S14 240sx chassis!

Here is some info I'm sure the community will appreciate:

(I wonder what unfor's car would be like with the GTX3582R)

In This Issue
    Garrett GTX-R Midframe Turbos
    Garrett Turbo Selection Tool App

Dear Christopher,

It is the first week of November, and that can only mean one thing in the Automotive Performance Aftermarket: the SEMA Show. Over a million square feet of the Las Vegas Convention Center will be occupied by the world's largest car show while vendors from around the world will converge to showcase everything for these vehicles from fabrication equipment and crate engines to lightweight wheels and safety harnesses down to seat covers and air fresheners.

Hundreds of thousands of people will fill the halls, check out the wares and destroy the soles of their shoes.

Garrett by Honeywell is very excited about the 2010 SEMA Show! We have the all new GTX3071R and GTX3582R turbochargers to display for those seeking an increase in power but not an increase in packaging size. We will also be demonstrating our prototype Turbo Selection Tool for the iPhone, iPad and iPod.

And we will be showcasing a pair of cars this year which showcase the very different ways in which our turbochargers are used. The Apollo Performance Time Attack Subaru WRX STI makes no compromises in performance with a whopping GT4088R feeding its fully-built engine when it takes to the track. The Jasper Motorwerks Volkswagen GTI will display the more livable side of performance with a GT2871R and a full interior and all the luxuries of a daily driven street demon.

We would love to have the opportunity to meet you and talk about what Garrett Turbos can do for you. Please stop by our booth in the central Racing and Performance Hall; Booth #24713.

If you can't make it to the show, but have some feedback, we'd love to hear it at garrett.gearhead@honeywell.com.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Garrett GTX-R Midframe Turbos Debuting

Following the success of the GTX42R and GTX45R, Garrett by Honeywell is proud to show, for the first time, the newest additions to the Garrett GTX family: The GTX3071R, GTX3076R and GTX3582R!

These new turbos are more than just another billet wheel. These are direct upgrades for the immensely popular GT series turbos of the same names, but with 10-20% more flow and more pressure ratio for more power than ever before. With the unique 11-full-blade compressor wheel is fully machined from forged aluminum alloy and uses next-generation aerodynamics to deliver unrivaled power while still being the dependable, quality product that you expect from Garrett.

These turbos are finishing the battery of Garrett Turbocharger tests and will be available by the end of the year through our Garrett Performance Distributors, Garrett Master Distributors and Garrett Performance Houses.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Garrett by Honeywell Turbo Selection Tool App

Garrett by Honeywell is making the search for your next turbo even easier. While we have worked hard to provide a comprehensive matching tutorial with our Turbo Tech 103, we have also been working on making it simpler. At the 2010 SEMA Show, we will be showcasing our prototype iPhone, iPod and iPad Turbo Selection Tool to show goers.

This exciting tool allows for you to enter in the specifics of your engine, atmosphere, fuel type and more to zero in on the correct turbo for your application. The Turbo Selection Tool will narrow down your best choices for Garrett Turbochargers based on your goals and your parameters and plot engine RPM points on our compressor maps so you know where you will be operating.

Though just a prototype now, we will be soliciting feedback from SEMA Show attendees (Booth #24713) on any improvements we can make before we release it. We would love to hear your feedback and can go through a turbo match with you. Please stop by our booth for more information!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

nice find. what are the series that get an upgrade? 30 and up? 28? less? or will they do a custom job with the gtx...r wheel.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    nice find. what are the series that get an upgrade? 30 and up? 28? less? or will they do a custom job with the gtx...r wheel.
    I believe eventually all models will be available for purchase in "GTX-R" spec. They are just getting the highest volume turbos out first.

The turbo sizing app sounds really cool! It will even plot your engine on a compressor map to help you pick the right turbo and compare lag/power!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    I believe eventually all models will be available for purchase in "GTX-R" spec. They are just getting the highest volume turbos out first.

The turbo sizing app sounds really cool! It will even plot your engine on a compressor map to help you pick the right turbo and compare lag/power!
    thats really sick, taht app would prob laugh at me when i ask for a 2.0L inline 4 with a gt35r haha. like most of the ppl i tell them to just laugh.deciding on selling the turbo.. nveer will get enough fuel no matter what, its just too much...
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    thats really sick, taht app would prob laugh at me when i ask for a 2.0L inline 4 with a gt35r haha. like most of the ppl i tell them to just laugh.deciding on selling the turbo.. nveer will get enough fuel no matter what, its just too much...
    You could max it out and make a LOT of power, not sure what you have for internals though..... or fuel system.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

There are no upgraded injectors or fuel pump out for the public for my car. so yea. unless isend my car to APR and pay them a litte over 22-26k for a full engine rebuild (stage 4). 500 whp on race gas. and that is with a gt2871. the maxed that turbo out. so i cant even imagine how much more room there would be with the 35r, they tell me its rediculus for this engine cause there will never be enough fuel for that. it might even make the car run worse.

Click here to enlarge

again, sorry for thread jacking.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

The only way it would run worse is if you stay in the surge area all the time because you can't get it to spool to a level that is efficient at.

It is definitely going to be LAGGY though. I think a twin-scroll GTX3076R would be an excellent choice for you!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    The only way it would run worse is if you stay in the surge area all the time because you can't get it to spool to a level that is efficient at.

It is definitely going to be LAGGY though. I think a twin-scroll GTX3076R would be an excellent choice for you!
    yea i wanted to do the twin scroll 35r, but exactly what ppl telling me. 3076 would be way more efficient and enough for my car. thanks bro!
    Burger Motorsports