Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 76 to 81 of 81
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,909
    Rep Points
    31,842.5
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SLS AMG Click here to enlarge
    You dont quit do you?
    No, I don't. Especially when I know I'm right.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SLS AMG Click here to enlarge
    Your going back and forth for a couple of pages now without providing proof of your argument. Sorry, but you havent showed any evidence where a header/tune only M156 on pump gas dynoing near 500rwhp. Frankly, you never will, because it NEVER and WONT happen.
    I've providing dyno sheets and details for support. I have not seen anything from you showing otherwise. If I need to I can simply point at how many M159's over 500 whp on pump gas? The M156 is based on this motor. Not only can the M156 do 500 whp on pump gas, it can exceed it considerably depending on how far you take it in naturally aspirated form.

    All data points to this being possible and a reality. Fact.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SLS AMG Click here to enlarge
    We already know that the M156 is capable of reaching in excess of 500rwhp, but this is not the argument. The argument is reaching that number WITH HEADERS/TUNE only on PUMP GAS. Reaching above 500rwhp requires a race tune at the very least or racing heads or camshafts.
    Once again it looks to me like 500 whp can be cracked with bolt ons as IT HAS BEEN DONE. If you want to argue pump fuel then I'll argue 93 octane and say a slight timing bump will get you there. Boom, game over.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SLS AMG Click here to enlarge
    Again, a properly Header/tuned M156 on pump gas will dyno a maximum of 480-485 rwhp, only if it was custom tuned on the dyno. Otherwise, it will be in the range of 450-470 rwhp just like the car from Weistec that my bro Jacob posted about in this thread dynoing 445-450rwhp.
    I think that is a general range, yes. But I think if you say get lightweight wheels as Jim did (and others here have) or perhaps mess with the intake or perhaps mess with underdrive pulleys or perhaps just get an aggressive tuner you can do it. I'd bet the P31 C63's will do it all day as you can get more aggressive with their stronger internals, am I right?

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SLS AMG Click here to enlarge
    If you have proof, please show. If you like arguing for the sake of entertainment, then your wasting your time.
    No I like correct info. I'm seen the evolution of the M156 over the years and have a pretty good grasp on it with all sorts of mods. The only reason this discussion is taking place is because someone you guys don't like said 500 whp as a general statement. If we're arguing whether 500 whp can be achieved on pump gas naturally aspirated, that's fine because it certainly can be done and exceeded depending on how aggressive one wants to get.

    If you are already conceding it can be done on race gas then that clearly means the quality of fuel available is enough to influence the possibility.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,909
    Rep Points
    31,842.5
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jacob502 Click here to enlarge
    I already dynoed it before and you posted an article about it.

    I'll Dyno it this week with the stage 2 SC and share the gains
    Yes, yes, I mean the after with the Stage 2.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,909
    Rep Points
    31,842.5
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SLS AMG Click here to enlarge
    Damn right you dont!

    but I do, and none of them show 500rwhp from an M156 with bolt-ons on PUMP GAS
    Ok well it took me literally 5 seconds to post a dyno of a 500 whp M156 with bolt ons from years ago. It could be race gas it also could not be but the M156 engine and tunes have also evolved since then. It's more than possible.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,070
    Rep Points
    0.5
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Ok well it took me literally 5 seconds to post a dyno of a 500 whp M156 with bolt ons from years ago. It could be race gas it also could not be but the M156 engine and tunes have also evolved since then. It's more than possible.
    You keep referencing that pathetic dynosheet from Evosport. Jim stated clearly here and on MBworld that the car was on a custom race tune. @JRCART , please verify.

    Again, You have provided Zero evidence to support your claim. I have received private messages from members that saw this thread and agree with me.

    Again, unless you provide proof. There is no M156 with Headers/Tuning that will Dyno 500 on pump gas. IT WILL NOT HAPPEN. I CHALLENGE YOU.

    don't even talk about the M159, we all know it dynos above 500 even in stock form. This is not the argument. This is your problem, is that you flip things around and you make connections between things that have no relevance.
    This is your argument: " The M159 SLS dynos above 500rwhp, The M159 is based from the M156, so the M156 dynos above 500rwhp on header/pump gas tuning!"

    No offense, Do you even know how stupid that sounds?

    As I stated before, the M159 In The SLS carries completely different engine internals ( heads, cams, valves, pistons, intake system) different cooling mods and even a different dual clutch transmission. You are really way off base bro. The intake system alone is an improvemt of 30whp over the M156 standard intake system as tested by PP-Performance

    My SLS completely rapes a heade/tune M156. I have posted many videos of this. This is not the argument.

    If you think it's possible. Ask one of your vendors to post a video or a Dyno sheet of an M156 on headers and pump gas tuning dynoing 500rwhp. IT WONT HAPPEN, and thats why NONE commented.

    Again come out with proof instead of just posting for the sake of arguing, which you like doing for no good reason


    lastly, I KNOW I AM RIGHT, as well as I know YOU ARE DEAD WRONG. I have owned these engines for a long time from C63's, ML63, CL63 and now the SLS. I have triesf many tunes and tuned a couple of my buddies M156's, including my bro's SL63. I spent countless hours on the Dyno with these platforms. I have a good idea what kind of power they put to the wheels. What do you do ? You read about them? Good luck with that bro.


    Again , proof and data please as you keep failing to support your claim and flip things around.
    World Fastest (NA) SLS AMG in a Standing 1/2 Mile
    Trap Speed 254.81 Km/hr

    Qatar Mile- NOV, 30th 2013
    Click here to enlarge

  5. #80
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,032
    Rep Points
    57.3
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Yes, yes, I mean the after with the Stage 2.
    Will Dyno it Wednsday and post it here on Benzboost First

    Car is an absoloute beast. It spanked a couple of GTR's and some modified 2013 Shelby Mustangs over the weekend. It had aot of eyes opened. I expect it to hit at least 560rwhp
    Weistec Supercharged SL63 AMG
    Click here to enlarge
    Fastest Overall Mercedes SL Class VBOX 60-130, 6.86-
    Dragtimes.com, FEB 16 2013







  6. #81
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    17
    Rep Points
    0.6
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    3 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    Sure - need would imply that it is a necessity, HAVE would imply that I don't have a choice. In this case, I neither need, nor have to provide you with anything. Since you don't care, remember...
    Boss you big pussy ? 500whp for tune and header for CLK Black Series ????? You stupid hahahahahahah Click here to enlarge

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •