Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SLS AMG Click here to enlarge
    This was Jim's CLK and it was RACE gas. You wont find any header/tuned M156's on pump gas doing 500rwhp!
    That is his car and it's been a while but I don't remember if that was a race gas tune.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    That is his car and it's been a while but I don't remember if that was a race gas tune.
    well I do remember, It was on a race fuel tune
    World Fastest (NA) SLS AMG in a Standing 1/2 Mile
    Trap Speed 254.81 Km/hr

Qatar Mile- NOV, 30th 2013
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

You may be right or wrong. But that's a bolt on M156 with over 500 whp. To say an M156 can not make 500 whp on pump gas when a stock M159 does this easily...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

@Portman C63 is a one powerful C63. It has Headers/Heads/Power Pulley/Tune and it dynoed 493 rwhp a few days ago on a pump tubne. Remeber, this C63 has heads. This is 40rwhp more than the C63 that was dynoed in this thread and still didnt hit 500
    Trap Speed 254.81 Km/hr

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

@Portman C63 is a one powerful C63. It has Headers/Heads/Power Pulley/Tune and it dynoed 493 rwhp a few days ago on a pump tubne. Remeber, this C63 has heads. This is 40rwhp more than the C63 that was dynoed in this thread and still didnt hit 500
    You quoted yourself but the point is an M156 can make 500 whp NA and it can do it on pump gas well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

You may be right or wrong. But that's a bolt on M156 with over 500 whp. To say an M156 can not make 500 whp on pump gas when a stock M159 does this easily...
    I know I am right!

The M159 is a diffrent engine and has a diffrent tune.

an M156 WILL make 500 rwhp NA, but not without a race tune/ or racing heads. IF you think otherwise please show us.

We have owned these cars for a while Joe and we've tried every tune, almost every header design and even dynoed them various times. I know what I am talking about
    Trap Speed 254.81 Km/hr

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

You quoted yourself but the point is an M156 can make 500 whp NA and it can do it on pump gas well.
    Not without cams/Heads
    Trap Speed 254.81 Km/hr

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Not without cams/Heads. It will not do 500 rwhp on Headers/Tune on pump gas. It just wont happen. its not hard to believe
    Trap Speed 254.81 Km/hr

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

I know I am right!

The M159 is a diffrent engine and has a diffrent tune.

an M156 WILL make 500 rwhp NA, but not without a race tune/ or racing heads. IF you think otherwise please show us.

We have owned these cars for a while Joe and we've tried every tune, almost every header design and even dynoed them various times. I know what I am talking about
    The M159 is based on the M156. Clearly you can have a 6.2 liter naturally aspirated V8 making over 500 whp, right? You can even do a hell of a lot more on 91 octane.

I showed you 500 whp NA on a CLK63 from back in the day. Tuning has evolved as have exhaust choices. I seriously think it not only can be done it can be exceeded. If it was me, I'd just throw in race gas and advance timing. Regardless, 500 whp in a CLK63 Black Series with bolt on mods was done YEARS AGO.

I understand people here own these cars and I hope you guys understand I probably have read more about these cars than anyone. I have studied these cars for years and years now. I follow every development and speak to tuners literally on a daily basis.

500 whp can be done. You can get more if you touch the heads or cams. You can approach 600 once you start doing that.

This discussion originated for the wrong reasons. But if you are asking me if a 6.2 liter V8 can make 500 whp on pump gas, I'm telling you it can. Domestic V8's have done this btw and they are not nearly as sophisticated as the M156.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

500 whp can be done. You can get more if you touch the heads or cams. You can approach 600 once you start doing that..
    600 rwhp will only be achievable on an SLS. The SLS is based on the M156, but the engine internals are completely diffrent. It has diffrent flowing heads, diffrent camshafts, diffrtent pistons, diffrent valvetrain,.....ets. This why you will see the SLS making more than 500rwhp on the dyno. It is for the same reason I am telling you that a header/tune only M156 on pump gas will not do 500rwhp

This discussion originated for the wrong reasons. But if you are asking me if a 6.2 liter V8 can make 500 whp on pump gas, I'm telling you it can. Domestic V8's have done this btw and they are not nearly as sophisticated as the M156.
    Yes it can, im not denying that. But it WONT with headers/tune only. Never will. thats a fact. If it had heads/cams in addition to the headers, then yes 500 rwhp is possible
    Trap Speed 254.81 Km/hr

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

600 rwhp will only be achievable on an SLS. The SLS is based on the M156, but the engine internals are completely diffrent.
    Therefore you can change the internals on the M156. The M159 and M156 are the same architecture. Anything you do with an M159 in theory you can do with an M156.

It is for the same reason I am telling you that a header/tune only M156 on pump gas will not do 500rwhp
    Hell I could argue 93 octane is pump gas and I'll bet you money 500+ whp can be done if you want. IT CAN BE DONE.

Yes it can, im not denying that. But it WONT with headers/tune only. Never will. thats a fact. If it had heads/cams in addition to the headers, then yes 500 rwhp is possible
    I don't think you need cams but the point about 500+ whp na on pump gas not only being possible but being achieved stands.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Therefore you can change the internals on the M156. The M159 and M156 are the same architecture. Anything you do with an M159 in theory you can do with an M156. .
    Sure, maybe. but it wont be a header/tune car anymore

Hell I could argue 93 octane is pump gas and I'll bet you money 500+ whp can be done if you want. IT CAN BE DONE..
    NO IT CANT. on 93 octane it wont go past 480 on a dynojet. There isnt one car in thw world with header/tune M156 on 93 octane showing 500rwhp
    Trap Speed 254.81 Km/hr

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Sure, maybe. but it wont be a header/tune car anymore
    Yes but all I'm saying is you can take an M156 to some pretty high levels.

NO IT CANT. on 93 octane it wont go past 480 on a dynojet. There isnt one car in thw world with header/tune M156 on 93 octane showing 500rwhp
    Sure it can. Jim got there using Dymags partially. Whatever man, 500+ whp on a CLK63 AMG Black Series from years ago. I don't know what else to say.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Sure it can. Jim got there using Dymags partially. Whatever man, 500+ whp on a CLK63 AMG Black Series from years ago. I don't know what else to say.
    This was on RACE GAS. Your eluding the points that we are discusiing!

an M156 will not dyno 500rwhp on pump gas with only Headers/Tune. It simply will not happen man. It wont
    Trap Speed 254.81 Km/hr

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    My friend are you smoke drugs? It is impossible for M156 to 500whp on normal fuel with just headers and tuning. This means car making 640 on engine. Impossible . Not even transformers movie magic. AhhahahaClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ValveBucket Click here to enlarge
    My friend are you smoke drugs? It is impossible for M156 to 500whp on normal fuel with just headers and tuning. This means car making 640 on engine. Impossible . Not even transformers movie magic. AhhahahaClick here to enlarge
    There's a dyno of it making 500 whp in the thread. So...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    If I'm not mistaken Renntech claims my car makes 595 crank horsepower with their R4 package plus long tube headers. I believe CNC ported heads would have me at about that 640 crank mark. No?
    http://weistec.com/m156cnc.html
    Click here to enlarge
    Stage 3 Weistec Supercharged, long tube headers, high flow catalytic converters, 100% locking limited slip differential, Renntech upgraded transmission
    https://www.facebook.com/mbe63amg

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

There's a dyno of it making 500 whp in the thread. So...
    FOR THE LOVE OF GOD JOE, the dyno graph you posted was a custome race tuned M156, which against this argument. Put that away already. Out the door man.
    Trap Speed 254.81 Km/hr

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD JOE, the dyno graph you posted was a custome race tuned M156, which against this argument. Put that away already. Out the door man.
    No. It's more than possible and 500 whp was achieved with bolt ons when tuning was still in its infancy on M156's.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

No. It's more than possible and 500 whp was achieved with bolt ons when tuning was still in its infancy on M156's.
    Where? show me!

(please stop posting the evosport dynosheet, which was on a custom race tuned/header M156)
    Trap Speed 254.81 Km/hr

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Where? show me!

(please stop posting the evosport dynosheet, which was on a custom race tuned/header M156)
    I don't have a collection of dynosheets at my disposal with a specific set of mods any member can request at any time. Once again, less sophisticated domestic V8's do over 500 whp on pump all the time at the same and lower displacement. The M156 has hit over 500 whp with bolt ons. I am not in control of how many people dyno or what mods they use.

The evidence presented here clearly shows it is achievable. It is up to others to fill in the blanks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

I don't have a collection of dynosheets at my disposal with a specific set of mods any member can request at any time. Once again, less sophisticated domestic V8's do over 500 whp on pump all the time at the same and lower displacement. The M156 has hit over 500 whp with bolt ons. I am not in control of how many people dyno or what mods they use.

The evidence presented here clearly shows it is achievable. It is up to others to fill in the blanks.
    You dont quit do you?

Your going back and forth for a couple of pages now without providing proof of your argument. Sorry, but you havent showed any evidence where a header/tune only M156 on pump gas dynoing near 500rwhp. Frankly, you never will, because it NEVER and WONT happen.

We already know that the M156 is capable of reaching in excess of 500rwhp, but this is not the argument. The argument is reaching that number WITH HEADERS/TUNE only on PUMP GAS. Reaching above 500rwhp requires a race tune at the very least or racing heads or camshafts.

Yes an M156 WILL REACH 500RWHP + NA. I have seen a Header/Race tune 2010 C63 with camshafts/heads dyno 535 rwhp. I AM NOT DENYING that an M156 will hit those leves NA. Please dont flip this around when you cant provide any proof to your claims!
    Again, a properly Header/tuned M156 on pump gas will dyno a maximum of 480-485 rwhp, only if it was custom tuned on the dyno. Otherwise, it will be in the range of 450-470 rwhp just like the car from Weistec that my bro Jacob posted about in this thread dynoing 445-450rwhp.

If you have proof, please show. If you like arguing for the sake of entertainment, then your wasting your time.

(Just a note for the readers , all the whp numbers I refrenced are in dynojet figures)
    Last edited by SLS AMG; 06-07-2014 at 01:34 PM.
    Trap Speed 254.81 Km/hr

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

I don't have a collection of dynosheets at my disposal with a specific set of mods
    Damn right you dont!

but I do, and none of them show 500rwhp from an M156 with bolt-ons on PUMP GAS
    Last edited by SLS AMG; 06-07-2014 at 01:38 PM.
    Trap Speed 254.81 Km/hr

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion, still...
    Click here to enlarge
    Stage 3 Weistec Supercharged, long tube headers, high flow catalytic converters, 100% locking limited slip differential, Renntech upgraded transmission
    https://www.facebook.com/mbe63amg

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

You didn't dyno it before/after?
    I already dynoed it before and you posted an article about it.

I'll Dyno it this week with the stage 2 SC and share the gains
    Weistec Supercharged SL63 AMG
    Click here to enlarge
    Fastest Overall Mercedes SL Class VBOX 60-130, 6.86-
    Dragtimes.com, FEB 16 2013

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast