Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

If you want the BEST tune for your M156, go with Weistec

Check this out, a CLK BS with only filters and an ECU tune hit 441 rwhp. I dont recall seeing any M156 hitting that number on a dynojet without an exhust mod. Simply amazing

Weistec Supercharged SL63 AMG
    Click here to enlarge
    Fastest Overall Mercedes SL Class VBOX 60-130, 6.86-
    Dragtimes.com, FEB 16 2013

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Those are some solid gains! If I could get that full graph @Weistec...
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Thats a healthy tune

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jacob502 Click here to enlarge
    Check this out, a CLK BS with only filters and an ECU tune hit 441 rwhp. I dont recall seeing any M156 hitting that number on a dynojet without an exhust mod. Simply amazing
    So if that car had long tubes and the corresponding tune don't you think that number would be right at 500 or so ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    So if that car had long tubes and the corresponding tune don't you think that number would be right at 500 or so ?
    gaining 59rwhp from headers + exhust would be hard, wouldnt you think?

I have never seen it happening. I would say a properly tuned M156 on pump gas with LT headers+filters+ Exhust would be hitting in the range of 460-480 rwhp. Anything above that would require an aggresive race tune or race ported heads

My C63 has SS Headers + xpipe and an ECU tune from PP-Performance and it was hitting around 483rwhp on pump gas
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

gaining 59rwhp from headers + exhust would be hard, wouldnt you think?
    No, in fact I think it's very probable.

I have never seen it happening. I would say a properly tuned M156 on pump gas with LT headers+filters+ Exhust would be hitting in the range of 460-480 rwhp. Anything above that would require an aggresive race tune or race ported heads
    The video you posted shows a 47 WHEEL hp gain with almost no mods. That's pretty impressive on a motor that was already tuned a bit from the factory. Everyone knows the M156 in stock form is massively restricted on the top end (intake) and bottom end (exhaust). So when I see a video like this picking up close to 50 WHEEL hp from just a tune on 91 octane, it makes perfect sense that uncorking the motor and adding an intake and long tubes will give you the same pickup in whp if not more - especially if you run 93 octane. Timing advance alone from 93 octane over 91 with headers and the right tune makes big gains. Anyone who has done long tubes with the right tune knows that it totally changes the M156 and transforms it into an absolute animal.

I'd love to hear @Weistec thoughts...Mike ?

My C63 has SS Headers + xpipe and an ECU tune from PP-Performance and it was hitting around 483rwhp on pump gas
    That's a solid number, but honestly, and to my point....it's only 17hp short of 500 at the wheel. Two octane points would achieve that. Lots of different factors could make up that 3.4% difference in what your C63 made instead of 500whp. Air density, tire pressure, etc etc etc. Fact is, the "calculation" of WHP on a dyno at the numbers we are talking about and the numerous factors involved makes it very probably for a 3.4% margin of error. Again, I'd love to heat @Weistec chime in on the subject.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

You have an ECU tune from Weistec mated to some Evosport LT headers. Take your car to a dynojet 224 and post the results. I could be wrong

I know steven custom tuned a couple of cars for MHP on the dyno, one of them belonged to Petroc63. He was already having a Weistec tune and his car was making 465rwhp, after the custome tune, it put down around 485.

He had LT Headers + Renntech Intake+ Filters+ lighter wheels

Dodger's car was custom tuned on race fuel and it was making 504rwhp

dont get me wrong, you might be right, but I honestly have never seen a Header+tune C63 dynoing above 490 without a race tune
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

. Air density, tire pressure, etc etc etc. Fact is, the "calculation" of WHP on a dyno at the numbers we are talking about and the numerous factors involved makes it very probably for a 3.4% margin of error. Again, I'd love to heat @Weistec chime in on the subject.
    SAE correction factors in all those variations. Therefore, whether you run the car on a diffrent dynojet in Russia or UAE or even in Brasil, The number will be the same
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

i am at the Dyno right this moment with a 2012 header/Tune C63, This car is tuned by Weistec and it belongs to a friend of mine. Im going to supercharge it from @Weistec in the next few days. I'm getting a base run and an after run when it's supercharged. I thought you might be interested
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

All right, So I did some dyno runs. The weather was hot at around 100F. This C63 has Supersprint LT Headers + Full Exhust and an ECU tune from Weistec. I did six runs. The least number I got was 443 and the best was 450rwhp. All the runs were done in 4th gear. The numbers are a bit low due to the ambient conditions. This car will easily hit 465 whp with 40 degrees F less. numbers aside, this car is a beast. It is beating similar modded C63's. Here is a video of a dyno pull I did, and two graphs, one showing HP values and the other is showing the ambient conditions

HP Dyno Sheet
    Click here to enlarge

And this graph is just showing the conditions of each run, you can see, very unfavorable
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

@Jacob502 do you have the HP baseline before the tune?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    @Jacob502 do you have the HP baseline before the tune?
    No, unfortunatley. I had this car tuned for almost year now. It had a previous lousy tune that made the car not perform well. Steve from Weistec fixed everything with his software and my friend is really happy with the tune. This is the first time the car was put on a dyno. The dynosheets above will serve as a basis when it is put on the dyno again after the stage 2 supercharger install
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

1 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    @LZH, can you please enlighten us as to why think your CLK BS is making 500RWHP on a flash pump tune?

as an M156 enthusiast, I would love to hear the answer

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 63Master Click here to enlarge
    @LZH, can you please enlighten us as to why think your CLK BS is making 500RWHP on a flash pump tune?
    Please quote me where I ever said I have a pump tune only. On 93 octane I made 502whp.

as an M156 enthusiast, I would love to hear the answer
    I'm sure you would...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Please quote me where I ever said I have a pump tune only. On 93 octane I made 502whp.

I never said you had a "Pump tune only". I said you had a pump flash tune matched with your modified exhaust (which was used on a previous car) which means your engine was not custom tuned on the Dyno.

You said your car made 502rwhp? Where is the dynosheet? Please post it and prove us wrong.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

I'm sure you would...
    and I'm sure you can't Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

I never said you had a "Pump tune only". I said you had a pump flash tune matched with your modified exhaust (which was used on a previous car) which means your engine was not custom tuned on the Dyno.

You said your car made 502rwhp? Where is the dynosheet? Please post it and prove us wrong.
    And you know this how ? I've never mentioned the specifics of my mods so you really have no clue what you're talking about and I have no inclination to share anything with a troll like you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

And you know this how ? I've never mentioned the specifics of my mods so you really have no clue what you're talking about and I have no inclination to share anything with a troll like you.
    Never mentioned the specifics on your mods...?Click here to enlarge
    Maybe you have a short meomory
    Why are you calling me a Troll? I am simply asking for some backed up data of your bogus claim, which you dont have and never will!

as for not mentiong the specifics on your car about whether its an ECU Flash tune or a Custom tune, you simply did and here is proof on this thread:
    http://benzboost.com/showthread.php?...ders+discussed

Qoutes:

Post#127
    These are, IIRC, the first M156 headers ever made and were done by Evosport. Gains will be plenty for me- and Mike at Weistec just got my ECU today so I should have it back tomorrow or Wed and have the headers installed on Thurs with a new X pipe. No cats, Weistec high flow filters and their oil separator.
    Yep he didClick here to enlarge
    post # 165
    Wow it took 4 days for an ECU to get back to $#@!ing Europe....Sounds just about right to me considering customs and all that other bull$#@! that goes along with shipping things overseas.
    This guy is a $#@!ing idiot. I dropped my ECU off at weistec and they didn't even have my car...I've installed headers and few other bits and pieces, the ECU showed up at my house as promised, snapped it back into the car and it runs perfectly. So I have no clue what this retard is talking about. Do software problems happen ? Sure. Do they happen all the time with Weistec - nope. By his logic you shouldn't goto Russia because you might get struck my a meteor LOL.
    Car was NOT present as you mentioned at Weistec, so no custom tuning was done!Click here to enlarge

Just talked to Mike and he said they're packing everything up. I'll see you cats up there Click here to enlarge
    ahahahahClick here to enlarge

The reason you wont share anything with a "Troll" like me is due to the same reason I explained in an earlier post, becuase YOU CANT. You simply made a crazy claim by saying your car is making 500rwhp without taking it to the dyno. Guys like @Jacob502 who dynoed a C63 with the same Weistec software showed what it put down. Many members who had various tunes with Header/Tuned M156's presented thier dynosheets and the maximum HP figures for a CUSTOM TUNED (which you dont have) Header C63 reached in the 480rwhp range. Nobody had ever seen a 500rwhp C63 running headers on a pump flash tune and to my knowledge we never will.

You would be lucky if you hit 460-470rwhp with the type of headers you have, which SUCK btw and nowhere near MBH or Supersprint or MHP.

Your making 500rwhp, because you were told that number by Mike from Weistec?. Maybe he saw what a cluleless person you are and gave you that number, lolClick here to enlarge
    Last edited by 63Master; 05-26-2014 at 02:53 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Does weistec increase the rev limit?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RNS-11Z Click here to enlarge
    Does weistec increase the rev limit?
    I believe they do

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

1 out of 4 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Why are you calling me a Troll? I am simply asking for some backed up data of your bogus claim, which you dont have and never will!

as for not mentiong the specifics on your car about whether its an ECU Flash tune or a Custom tune, you simply did and here is proof on this thread:

Qoutes:
    KBAAAM . lol hahahahah. You just gave him a big forum slap bro. I never knew you were good in doing research. Good job. 500rwhp my A$$

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I believe they do

Can @Weistec chime and can confirm? If so what do they increase it to?

thanks
    h

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Qoutes:

Post#127

Yep he didClick here to enlarge
    post # 165

Car was NOT present as you mentioned at Weistec, so no custom tuning was done!Click here to enlarge

ahahahahClick here to enlarge

The reason you wont share anything with a "Troll" like me is due to the same reason I explained in an earlier post, becuase YOU CANT. You simply made a crazy claim by saying your car is making 500rwhp without taking it to the dyno. Guys like @Jacob502 who dynoed a C63 with the same Weistec software showed what it put down. Many members who had various tunes with Header/Tuned M156's presented thier dynosheets and the maximum HP figures for a CUSTOM TUNED (which you dont have) Header C63 reached in the 480rwhp range. Nobody had ever seen a 500rwhp C63 running headers on a pump flash tune and to my knowledge we never will.

You would be lucky if you hit 460-470rwhp with the type of headers you have, which SUCK btw and nowhere near MBH or Supersprint or MHP.

Your making 500rwhp, because you were told that number by Mike from Weistec?. Maybe he saw what a cluleless person you are and gave you that number, lolClick here to enlarge
    It's nice to see that you follow my posts here so closely, lol. You are correct, I did INITIALLY send my ECU to Weistec to have it tuned for long tubes. But, after installing the headers and the tuned ECU, I wasn't happy with the changes/performance and I sent the car to Weistec for transmission upgrades as well as more tuning. My goal was 500whp, which they easily achieved on 93 octane and went well past that goal with 100 - but, I didn't want to run race fuel so we backed it down.
    Just because I said one thing here, doesn't mean the car never went to Weistec. Once again, you are clueless as to what has, and has not been done to my car. You shouldn't put so much stock in what you read on the internet but the fact that you do and make assumptions just reaffirms your trolling status.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

0 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    It's nice to see that you follow my posts here so closely, lol. You are correct, I did INITIALLY send my ECU to Weistec to have it tuned for long tubes. But, after installing the headers and the tuned ECU, I wasn't happy with the changes/performance and I sent the car to Weistec for transmission upgrades as well as more tuning. My goal was 500whp, which they easily achieved on 93 octane and went well past that goal with 100 - but, I didn't want to run race fuel so we backed it down.
    Just because I said one thing here, doesn't mean the car never went to Weistec. Once again, you are clueless as to what has, and has not been done to my car. You shouldn't put so much stock in what you read on the internet but the fact that you do and make assumptions just reaffirms your trolling status.
    Not paying too much attention you idiot. I just have a good memory. A good memory to know that the car was sent for the tuning on the TCU for the sole reason to make the throttle blip. THIS HAS ZERO gains in whp.

Your a liar. You claimed that your car made 500whp before sending it to weistec, and your saying that you achieved 502 when the car was sent? So that confirms that we were right and your engine was in fact not making those numbers prior to it being sent.

Again, your car isn't making 502whp. Your tuners have tuned many cars on the Dyno with pump gas and they never had one car go beyond 485whp. Therefore, you are no exception. Keep lying and posting BS all you want, you might fool some, and you might fool yourself, but you won't feel me and the people that actually tuned these engines long before your dumb a$$ did and actually took the time to Dyno them and share the results with other members. You bring Zero credibility to this great forum. Have fun living in a fantasy world. lol

your a top class idiot. I'll give you that

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Not paying too much attention you idiot. I just have a good memory. A good memory to know that the car was sent for the tuning on the TCU for the sole reason to make the throttle blip. THIS HAS ZERO gains in whp.

Your a liar. You claimed that your car made 500whp before sending it to weistec, and your saying that you achieved 502 when the car was sent? So that confirms that we were right and your engine was in fact not making those numbers prior to it being sent.

Again, your car isn't making 502whp. Your tuners have tuned many cars on the Dyno with pump gas and they never had one car go beyond 485whp. Therefore, you are no exception. Keep lying and posting BS all you want, you might fool some, and you might fool yourself, but you won't feel me and the people that actually tuned these engines long before your dumb a$$ did and actually took the time to Dyno them and share the results with other members. You bring Zero credibility to this great forum. Have fun living in a fantasy world. lol

your a top class idiot. I'll give you that
    Interesting you feel the need to hurl personal insults while claiming credibility and assuming you know what's happened with my car over the past year based SOLELY from what you read here. And the trans work I was referring to was not the throttle blip - that was about six months after they did my valve body and the other mods (which you know nothing about). My car actually was flat bedded back and forth to Weistec THREE different times over the past year, none of which I posted about here - for this exact reason and people like you who post here who are more interested in numbers on paper than lap times.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast