Close

Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    1,453
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

    MHP S2 (w/ catback) C63 vs GTR & Built LS2 Camaro

    mr-flyer from MBW:

    "mr-flyer" from MBW in Kuwait: MHP S2 C63, MHP v3 CDT, Headers/Mids/Catback:


    GTR, Tune/DP race 1:




    GTR, Tune/DP, race 2:



    Camaro built (H/C,LT,Catback,CAI, etc) LS2 N/A:



    Camaro built LS2 with spray:



    Camaro built LS2 with spray:


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    CA and AZ
    Posts
    237
    Rep Points
    148.7
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    bye bye gtr....

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Hanover, MD
    Posts
    1,220
    Rep Points
    697.0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Cool videos
    Click here to enlarge

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,743
    Rep Points
    31,547.8
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    The runs vs. the GTR are impressive, GTR is stock right?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    616
    Rep Points
    629.9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Good stuff.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    878
    Rep Points
    891.7
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    tune + dp's on the gtr.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,743
    Rep Points
    31,547.8
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BrenM3 Click here to enlarge
    tune + dp's on the gtr.
    Oops, yep, says it in the post. All the more impressive then.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    878
    Rep Points
    891.7
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    im impressed by the shifting and cue up on the rpm on those races. Seems the C63 doesn't have the loose and slow converter like the older merc's.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    1,453
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The runs vs. the GTR are impressive, GTR is stock right?
    No tune/DP. I know they run 10.8-10.9@128-130 with those mods but this is from a roll and VERY few cars can keep up with a tuned C63 from a roll let alone with other mods. Dads, mthis, dodger, nasser, aziz, etc have all smoked GTRs from rolls with up to 550whp. At 100+mph AWD is not your friend--Keith walked a 550+whp car at Sebring on the straights lap after lap, the GTR owner was very interested in his car and mods to be able to do that.

    Check the standing mile results and you'll see that our tune only C63s regularly out trap Tune/DP GTRs in the mile. From a dig, yes we will lose, from a roll, completely different outcome and the faster you go (they got to around 170mph) the more the advantage swings in our favor.

    Thanks

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,743
    Rep Points
    31,547.8
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
    No tune/DP. I know they run 10.8-10.9@128-130 with those mods but this is from a roll and VERY few cars can keep up with a tuned C63 from a roll let alone with other mods. Dads, mthis, dodger, nasser, aziz, etc have all smoked GTRs from rolls with up to 550whp. At 100+mph AWD is not your friend.
    Exactly, the AWD hinders efficiency from a roll. Another reason why the GTR is overrated but I won't start that here.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    1,453
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 930chas Click here to enlarge
    Good stuff.
    Thanks bud!

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BrenM3 Click here to enlarge
    tune + dp's on the gtr.
    Thanks!

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Oops, yep, says it in the post. All the more impressive then.
    Sorry I should've read further down before replying.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BrenM3 Click here to enlarge
    im impressed by the shifting and cue up on the rpm on those races. Seems the C63 doesn't have the loose and slow converter like the older merc's.
    7G has it's pluses and minuses, it's currently our weak link as far as making PA type torque so we'll see what happens...

    Thanks!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    1,453
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Exactly, the AWD hinders efficiency from a roll. Another reason why the GTR is overrated but I won't start that here.
    100% true, AWD sucks from a roll.

    LOL, are you sure? I bet there are at least 500 other GTR "MoBoost's" out there dying to post Click here to enlarge

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •