Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I purchased the car and it will be shipped from NJ to Tennessee for now. A friend recommended taking the car to MTI racing and see about welding a test pipe/cat pipe. Obviously with turbos, you don't want a bunch of backpressure but I still need to pass the sniff test in CA. Depending on the timeframe, I may drive the car to Eurocharged in TX from Tennessee and figure it out from there.

It's going to take some time but at least you know it's in good hands. Did some research on mbworld.com regarding pistons, rods, etc and those people are at each other's throats!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Chuckforquer Click here to enlarge
    I purchased the car and it will be shipped from NJ to Tennessee for now. A friend recommended taking the car to MTI racing and see about welding a test pipe/cat pipe. Obviously with turbos, you don't want a bunch of backpressure but I still need to pass the sniff test in CA. Depending on the timeframe, I may drive the car to Eurocharged in TX from Tennessee and figure it out from there.

It's going to take some time but at least you know it's in good hands. Did some research on mbworld.com regarding pistons, rods, etc and those people are at each other's throats!!
    I wouldn't worry about MBworld it's full of people slurping moderators and kids asking about carbon trim group buys.

Serious performance enthusiasts come here.

I'm still surprised you bought the car considering you didn't inspect it.

Also, it's odd to me so much work went into this car for it to be dumped without any word so to speak. That's somewhat of a warning sign.

Regardless, I hope you get this all worked out and the car running strong for you. Maybe it will be a value purchase in that respect.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    The car finally arrived in Tennessee. There are a few paint chips on the hood and the interior is "neat and clean" from what I've been told.

Regarding air filters, I'm going to order both of these sizes and see what fits. http://www.burgertuning.com/single_t...er_by_BMS.html

It appears the only cam options are SLR & Kleeman (PTE/VRE is history). Out "buddies" on another forum say the $2500 is a waste money for up to +15 hp. That additional hp may not sound like much, but it's area under the curve that counts. Eurocharged is/was using this cam in a CLS build so that's good enough for me.

Another guy I've emailed with is using ID1000 injectors for e85. I'm not sure if I will install/tune those before or after I tear the motor apart. I won't run e85 without sleeving the motor, installing rods & pistons.

LaBree motorsports in California will be fabricating the exhaust system. The mufflers are a straight through design and about as free flowing as you can get. I was very impressed with my 300zxtt setup.

Heads, sleeves, rods, pistons and e85 will all depend on my job situation in Afghanistan. My plan is to dyno the CLS (filters, cams, exhaust installed) using 91 octane (not 93) in Los Angeles on my way home.

Any input advice would be appreciated as long as there is documented proof (aka not just hot air like MBForums.org).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Chuckforquer Click here to enlarge
    The car finally arrived in Tennessee. There are a few paint chips on the hood and the interior is "neat and clean" from what I've been told.

Regarding air filters, I'm going to order both of these sizes and see what fits. http://www.burgertuning.com/single_t...er_by_BMS.html

It appears the only cam options are SLR & Kleeman (PTE/VRE is history). Out "buddies" on another forum say the $2500 is a waste money for up to +15 hp. That additional hp may not sound like much, but it's area under the curve that counts. Eurocharged is/was using this cam in a CLS build so that's good enough for me.

Another guy I've emailed with is using ID1000 injectors for e85. I'm not sure if I will install/tune those before or after I tear the motor apart. I won't run e85 without sleeving the motor, installing rods & pistons.

LaBree motorsports in California will be fabricating the exhaust system. The mufflers are a straight through design and about as free flowing as you can get. I was very impressed with my 300zxtt setup.

Heads, sleeves, rods, pistons and e85 will all depend on my job situation in Afghanistan. My plan is to dyno the CLS (filters, cams, exhaust installed) using 91 octane (not 93) in Los Angeles on my way home.

Any input advice would be appreciated as long as there is documented proof (aka not just hot air like MBForums.org).

I respect you for going forward with this but it looks like you have a lot of work ahead of you.

What exactly is the goal? Are you rebuilding this thing completely? You said new internals are possibly on the map.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12