Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

AMS Performance ECU Tuning for the new 2014+ Mercedes E63 AMG

Saw this online, pretty remarkable results on tune only. Get some sticky tires and 3 of your closest buddies and probably run 10's.

With its stout design, the hand-built Mercedes Benz AMG 5.5L V8 Biturbo engine provides excellent luxury class power for the 2014+ AMG 4MATIC lineup. The stock output of the E63 4MATIC is rated at 550 horsepower and 531 torque, but these engines are very under rated from the factory. Our completely stock 2014 E63 AMG non-S model put down 598hp and 576tq! MORE POWER THAN THE MCLAREN 12C MADE EASY
    An Alpha calibration file will take full advantage of your E63′s ability. By precisely adjusting camshaft timing, boost output and air/fuel ratios, your 5.5L Biturbo equipped AMG will produce a massive 700 horsepower with no other form of modification! That’s 75 more ponies than a McLaren 12c!

http://tuning.alphaperformance.com/p...matic-biturbo/
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    that is literally insane
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Pricing is $2,995.00 for the tune.
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

AMS Performance releases 2014+ E63 AMG and E63 AMG S 4Matic ECU tuning - $2995.95 and gains of 100+ horsepower

AMS Performance released their ECU tuning for the updated E63 AMG. The new 4Matic all wheel drive E63 AMG's come with more aggressive software from the factory and it shows with Mercedes underrating the car. The stock output at the crank as measured by AMS shows 619 horsepower for the E63 AMG S and 598 horsepower for the standard E63 AMG. That certainly explains why the 4600+ pound E63 AMG S is able to run roughly 122 mile per hour trap speeds in the 1/4 mile.

Click here to enlarge

Despite the more aggressive tuning from AMG there is still plenty of power and torque left on the table. There are torque limits built into the ECU by AMG in order to protect the 4Matic drivetrain that have stumped tuners but AMS seems to have found their way around these limits. The result is an increase in horsepower to 700 at the crank and 830 pound-feet of torque for the E63 AMG S and standard E63.

Both cars hit the same tuned figures as they should showing the differences in the models are artificially limited by software. The only reason to get the AMG S is if one is interested in preserving their warranty and not tuning the car. If you're reading this site that is not you so buy the standard E63 AMG and pocket the change.

The difference in horsepower between the 2014 E63 AMG 4Matic and E63 AMG S 4Matic is 21 horsepower. Not much, right? Well, the torque figure is where the difference really lies as the S has an additional whopping 89 lb-ft of torque. There is a big difference in the mapping of both cars so Mercedes is not lying about the advantage of the S model.

Pricing is $2995.95 and certainly worth every penny. AMS product page: http://tuning.alphaperformance.com/p...matic-biturbo/

Contact @ALPHA Performance with any questions.

Dyno charts below. BenzBoost hopes AMS can show us charts with output at the wheels in addition to these crank numbers:

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Thank you Sticky

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ALPHA Performance Click here to enlarge
    Thank you Sticky
    Good work guys. Any chance on getting those wheel numbers? What type of dyno is this? Dyno Dynamics?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Sick good $3000 to get betetr than E63 AMG S performance from the basic E63 AMG, great tuning there

Click here to enlarge
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Group.america Click here to enlarge
    Sick good $3000 to get betetr than E63 AMG S performance from the basic E63 AMG, great tuning there

Click here to enlarge
    That would decide it for me. I'd opt for the E63 AMG 4Matic.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Here are the dyno charts of our own 2014 E63 (Non S)

Our apologies for no torque readings. We were having a hard time getting a tach signal on the dyno.

Click here to enlarge

Here is a 2nd - 5th gear pull on the dyno

Click here to enlarge __________________

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Here is a dyno from a S model we did a tune on followed by some comments from the owner of the car:

Click here to enlarge

Got my car tuned, by the best in biz.

Car is a beast

541 awhp/579 awtq pre tune

603 awhp/717 awtq post tune

This was done on an AWD dyno so comparing numbers to the earlier RWD models/my '13......these numbers are pretty damn good! Alpha/AMS have this same tune in their shop 2014 E63 and its been running like a champ.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ALPHA Performance Click here to enlarge
    Here is a dyno from a S model we did a tune on followed by some comments from the owner of the car:

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im..._zpsxtkd-1.jpg

Got my car tuned, by the best in biz.

Car is a beast

541 awhp/579 awtq pre tune

603 awhp/717 awtq post tune

This was done on an AWD dyno so comparing numbers to the earlier RWD models/my '13......these numbers are pretty damn good! Alpha/AMS have this same tune in their shop 2014 E63 and its been running like a champ.
    This is gold. Thank you.

541 all wheel horsepower stock.

Dynojet numbers too, absolutely perfect.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

AMS delivers.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

hmmmm lets see an APR stage 1 RS7 VS a AMS E 63 AMG S in a roll race!

Very Nice job guys!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by onisyndicate Click here to enlarge
    hmmmm lets see an APR stage 1 RS7 VS a AMS E 63 AMG S in a roll race!

Very Nice job guys!
    It looks like right now the RS7 is putting down more to the wheels tune only.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Damn. That's very nice. Makes a basic E63 seem like a very tempting proposition.

To be fair though, are there not suspension/chassis changes with the "S" package? Can't remember.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leveraged sellout Click here to enlarge
    Damn. That's very nice. Makes a basic E63 seem like a very tempting proposition.

To be fair though, are there not suspension/chassis changes with the "S" package? Can't remember.
    Perhaps, I don't know. The engine is clearly just software though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Perhaps, I don't know. The engine is clearly just software though.
    Most definitely. Trying to see if I can find info about other "S" package enhancements but no luck yet.

I do know that if you care about that sort of thing, you cannot order ceramic brakes on a non-S, nor carbon interior trim. Both are silly limitations. I guess I wish they would have kept it as the Performance package, seems much less contrived. Either way, the AMS tune seems to be the way to go here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leveraged sellout Click here to enlarge
    Most definitely. Trying to see if I can find info about other "S" package enhancements but no luck yet.

I do know that if you care about that sort of thing, you cannot order ceramic brakes on a non-S, nor carbon interior trim. Both are silly limitations. I guess I wish they would have kept it as the Performance package, seems much less contrived. Either way, the AMS tune seems to be the way to go here.
    They probably force those restrictions to make the S more attractive. It makes the standard E63 more attractive to me though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

They probably force those restrictions to make the S more attractive. It makes the standard E63 more attractive to me though.
    I bet too if you asked really nicely they could order the ceramic brakes on a non S car. Or not too nicely. I would like that if I was buying.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

I bet too if you asked really nicely they could order the ceramic brakes on a non S car. Or not too nicely. I would like that if I was buying.
    I'm sure there is a way to do it. It's not like they won't fit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

very nice!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I'm sure there is a way to do it. It's not like they won't fit.
    They should bolt right on. I wonder how much they cost from the dealer...I know a few people added CCBs to their 2013 M5s and paid something like 4k+ a corner for the brakes just ordered from the parts counter.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Massive gains

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

The S model AMG has a rear LSD that can vector torque left to right to sharpen up cornering big time and helping almost 100% neutralize the understeer of AWD. AMS Massive gains !! I know you guys made a thread last year about carbon fiber airboxes and a bunch of other parts any update on that?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

It looks like right now the RS7 is putting down more to the wheels tune only.
    Didnt the audi put down 600whp and 650 wtq on 93 octane? This is throwing down similar whp(605ish) but 715 WTQ !! Thats crazy this thing prob snaps your neck back with all that torque and AWD traction.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast