Close

Thread: AR Catless DP's

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

AR Catless DP's

Just wanted to throw up my experiences with Mike@N54tuning.com quick. I made plans to do the male bonding thing with my father and brother while installing some new dp's on my car and of course the pipes I had lined up fell through. I assumed it would be no problem to get taken care of as I still had about 10 days. I was incorrect. Out of all the vendors I talked to Mike was the only one that was able to help me out and did so at a more than fair price. As everyone else will point out his communication is second to none.

Thanks again to Mike and I highly recommend him to anyone else needing N54 parts

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Thanks for the feedback.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yep, Mike is excellent!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

What are your opinions on the down-pipes, performance and sound-wise?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    You pay a couple bucks more for the name but the fit and finish is second to none. The way I looked at it I haven't cut any corners anywhere else might as well spend the money on the proven performance. I swayed away from some of the newcomers to the 'full' 3" market because if you look closely the taper isn't quite as smooth as AR's. Does it really make a difference, I have no idea, but I know having a smooth taper is a good thing. The AMS dp back I have is all about straight and smooth so again it made sense to me.
    Performance wise I offered to take the wife for a ride after I got them installed to butt dyno them. She politely joined but pointed out she probably wouldn't notice. We both definitely did (I went catless). On the sound front I was honestly shocked but how small the change in volume was. It's there but not night and day by any means. No one I know, non-car people, have noticed or commented. I do have the crackle between shifts and gurgle on throttle let off but it's just a slightly more aggressive version of what I already had going with the AMS system. Also on the pleasantly surprised streak there is no rasp and still what I would consider no drone. If you wanted to nitpick you might call the louder note at ~2100 rpm 'drone'.
    In summary seriously satisfied with my purchase.
    Click here to enlarge