Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

LP-640 RoadSter Dyno Results

I don't have to tell you guys how cool this is to see:

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

he Murcielago LP640 Roadster from Lamborghini is a supercar icon. Making 640Hp and 600Tq to the crank from the 6.5L V12 power plant, an LP640 is capable of 0 to 100km/h (0 to 62mph) in 3.4 seconds!
    Here are the results from recent dyno testing on a 44 Digital Dyno Dynamics dyno. The vehicle came in with a modified exhaust running 100 octane race gas, already tuned by another tuner. The vehicle’s baseline run represents other tuner’s tune and the tuned 2x runs represent OE Tuning dyno tune. The gains measured to the wheels were +24.6wHp & +23.8wTq @5300rpm.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

saw this on FB. good $#@! man. i love how you see "Gintani" in the reflection on the lambo door. nice gains. anyone know how much whp they are running stock?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    saw this on FB. good $#@! man. i love how you see "Gintani" in the reflection on the lambo door. nice gains. anyone know how much whp they are running stock?
    I put up the graph but the car already came tuned with 100 octane and an exhaust, so no "factory" baseline it seems.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

yea i know, but still props to OE. he still managed to get some more hp out that thing! was the tune with OE on regular pump 91?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I put up the graph but the car already came tuned with 100 octane and an exhaust, so no "factory" baseline it seems.
    The baseline of that graph is tuned running 100oct gas?

Whats the drivetrain loss? 460/x = 640.... .72 or a 28% drivetrain loss. Is this correct? The numbers seem low to me.
    I dont even want to touch the torque numbers they seem lost. 40% lower than 600tq output.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

those numbers do seem really low
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

the way i have always understood fuel octane, is that the higher octane has a higher combustion temp witch will prevent detonation in conditions where you have high cylinder temps such as when you run higher boost, what i dont understand is what you need 100o octane gas for on a na car, even with a tune the cylinder temps shouldnt go up to the point that you need that high octane gas.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mike@MHP Click here to enlarge
    The baseline of that graph is tuned running 100oct gas?

Whats the drivetrain loss? 460/x = 640.... .72 or a 28% drivetrain loss. Is this correct? The numbers seem low to me.
    I dont even want to touch the torque numbers they seem lost. 40% lower than 600tq output.
    Keep in mind this is a dyno dynamics and this dyno does read much lower than a dynojet.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
    the way i have always understood fuel octane, is that the higher octane has a higher combustion temp witch will prevent detonation in conditions where you have high cylinder temps such as when you run higher boost, what i dont understand is what you need 100o octane gas for on a na car, even with a tune the cylinder temps shouldnt go up to the point that you need that high octane gas.
    Basically if you have high compression, high revs, and want to push the timing further you are going to need higher octane to do it. You can go further with the advance without detonating with race gas.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    yea i know, but still props to OE. he still managed to get some more hp out that thing! was the tune with OE on regular pump 91?
    I believe it is 100 octane.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Keep in mind this is a dyno dynamics and this dyno does read much lower than a dynojet.
    How much lower? About the same or lower than a mustang dyno?

We see 45-55awhp and awtq from the lp640 over stock in both the egear and standard tranny.

Here is photo of our(MHP) lp640 dyno.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Some read lower than mustang's and some read higher depending on the multiplier. From my personal experience on that dyno, I would say a bit lower than a Mustang.

Trying to compare numbers from different dyno's on different days in different conditions is an exercise in futility.

I'm not even sure how to read the dyno you posted as it is one of those odd European dynos I'm not familiar with and it is a bit small and hard to read.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

I did not put it up there to compare, just another graph to look at. As it is not often you see lp640 dynos.

Thanks for the info on dyno dynamic machines. I am curious as to what the oem stock(on 100oct) numbers would be in the 1st graph?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

I did not put it up there to compare, just another graph to look at. As it is not often you see lp640 dynos.
    I understand but I just can't even see to much from that graph. Yes, LP-640 dyno numbers and tune after numbers are a rare thing to see.

hanks for the info on dyno dynamic machines. I am curious as to what the oem stock(on 100oct) numbers would be in the 1st graph?
    I would like to know the OEM numbers as well but it seems we don't have them as the car was already tuned when it arrived and they went from that baseline.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

We see 45-55awhp and awtq from the lp640 over stock in both the egear and standard tranny.

Here is photo of our(MHP) lp640 dyno.
    http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/1136/mhplp640dyno.jpg
    As Sticky has mentioned earlier DynoDynamics Dyno machines tend to read alot lower then others. Especially this particular machine because we dont run a CF. Also this car came in with another companies tune and 100oct so its not a measure of gains from a stock car. We hope to get a stock LP-640 in soon that will allow us to show our gains from a stock car.

FYI we've had cars leave our shop that dynoed ~450whp on our in house dyno and then literally went around the corner the same day to another machine and put down 510whp consistently that goes to show how stingy our in house dyno reads compared to others. The cool part about this is no one will dyno at our shop and go somewhere else and read lower then they did here. We've had people claim they had made 700whp at another shop and come over here and barely crack 600whp. Its a heartbreaker for sure Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That power-band is all over the place, definitely one of the weirdest ive ever seen. Not saying that has anything to do with OE or Gintani even the baseline (other tune) is all over the place.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TaZaM3 Click here to enlarge
    That power-band is all over the place, definitely one of the weirdest ive ever seen. Not saying that has anything to do with OE or Gintani even the baseline (other tune) is all over the place.
    Under 5k it is a bit abrupt.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ive never seen a car start making horsepower at 3000rpm then fall off at just 4000rpm until 5000rpm then start rising again only to lose power again at 7000rpm. Very "all over the place" dyno.WHat happens at 4000-5000rpm and 7000-7500rpm?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Ive never seen a car start making horsepower at 3000rpm then fall off at just 4000rpm until 5000rpm then start rising again only to lose power again at 7000rpm. Very "all over the place" dyno.WHat happens at 4000-5000rpm and 7000-7500rpm?
    I don't know, I can't explain those dips.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    The powercurve is probably like that because of the cam profile ? Do those cars even have Variable valve timing? This isn't the only car that has a funny curve the other Lambo gallardo's OE tuning have seen had weird curves too stock and tuned and an F430.
    Kees on M5 Board is my bitch....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Mike - I think you of all people should understand how different dyno's work/read and if you've follow trends how the calibration of Gintani's dyno has been known to read super low. Which is completely besides the point of this thread too.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

The power loss you see is the torque numbers as they are above the hp numbers early in the graph. I would agree it probably has something to do with the cam profiles.

I do not the specifics of each and every dyno manufacturer out there. Which is why I ask the question. Every dyno is different(even if its the same brand) and there are a ton of variables from this pull that was not know from the original post. I would like to thank Jon for more information on their dyno. It also be cool for Jon to update us when the do get a stock 640 on their dyno...