Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

[QUOTE=MSIZZLE;550961]
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Maybe the pilot practiced water landings on the flight simulator?

When the engines quit in aviation we have a set acrynm that we follow AFARS
    A= air speed, all air planes have a best glide speed, you set the plane to that speed because it will allow you to stay in the air the longest.
    F= Field you immediately identify an emergency landing spot and point the airplane to it.
    A=Attempts restart (self explanatory)
    R=Radio you would then call atc and let them know whats happening and also put your emergency code in your transponder.
    S= Shutdown . Certain procedures that you follow to prepare the plane for an emergency landing or ditching in water. Also if time permits you back all this up with the aircrafts emergency checklist.

To any good pilot this is all second nature, the second that engine quits these actions should start
    Ok but why are you bringing this up? What does this have to do with pings or a water landing?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    From what I read it was a Boeing satellite that was pinged.
    I just read what "pings" they were referring to and it looks like the SATCOM antennae that's used by the system to communicate to the airline's dispatch (ACARS) that was shut off. Not the engine diagnostics computers which is what they said in the beginning. Hmm...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Whatever the pings are from they have stopped. They did continue once it dropped off radar so I guess they continued until it stopped flying. Someone also knows this 777 really well that was on board. I hear someone who worked for Boeing and the 777 was onboard but I don't know if it's accurate.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    If the plane is hijacked and does come anywhere near America it will be shot down long before it reaches our shores. I'm not convinced of anything yet but I'm thinking this $#@!er was hijacked , than it changed altitude enough to kill everyone, flew aimlessly than crashed ...

Yes and if it went near Australia, parts of India etc it would HAVE BEEN shot down but the USA says no infrared detcttion from satcoms etc...

Sticky the plane was flown for a period at very low altitudes they say... this is a classic military avoidance move for Over the Horizon radar (which has a pattern that looks like a exponential curve in terms of ability to identify)........

Plane thye say had range to reach any of 600 airfields.. many outside of ANY radar
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Who were the group of engineers on board ? 20 something from a company looking to research at the destination ... I believe that company is involved with some line of work where there is a poss these people could have known something helpful or been involved somehow. I remember vaguely reading something about that group and being a little intrigued by that but I don't remember details now but I believe it was a high profile engineering comp who was involved with some interesting business
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Group.america Click here to enlarge
    Yes and if it went near Australia, parts of India etc it would HAVE BEEN shot down but the USA says no infrared detcttion from satcoms etc...

Sticky the plane was flown for a period at very low altitudes they say... this is a classic military avoidance move for Over the Horizon radar (which has a pattern that looks like a exponential curve in terms of ability to identify)........

Plane thye say had range to reach any of 600 airfields.. many outside of ANY radar
    How low ? That area is heavily traveled by vessels ... My company is responsible for all communications and networking for Maersk and we have a map tracking these vessels and a team dedicated to keeping them In order and we have a plugin to track them on google earth and you wouldn't believe the amount of Them In the waters. Wouldn't a low flying 777 be louder than usual and noticeable ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)

6 out of 6 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Vargas Turbo dealer and installation center
    Level 10 distributor and installation center
    Burger Motorsports Tier 2 dealer and installation center
    Turner Motorsports dealer and installation center
    Bimmerworld dealer and installation center
    Shipping built/stroked/CNC ported N54's Internationally!
    Follow us!
    http://www.facebook.com/BMWdoctor
    http://twitter.com/abrhouston
    http://instagram.com/abrhouston/
    http://abrhouston.com
    http://abr.genbook.com Book online appointments!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    lol If it didn't crash and whomever is acting on it knows this I don't think the media would know its on the ground somewhere.

Were told it was lost , but who knows @alex@ABRhouston

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

How low ?
    A long range radar works with the lowest point of the exponential curve at the radar.... depending on temperature and humidity (which is always high in the area of the plane) make the curve effective further away from the radar effective at only higher ranges..

eg. If I was going to fly a fighter/bomber into a place like say Penang (off Diego Garcia) then anything under 5,000 may make the radar miss

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Did you guys catch this article??
    http://keithledgerwood.tumblr.com/po...ing-sia68-sq68
    Seems pretty likely that his could have happened considering the engine pings saying it flew for 7 1/2 hours.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by deadmn1337 Click here to enlarge
    Seems pretty likely that his could have happened considering the engine pings saying it flew for 7 1/2 hours.
    Excellent article, but military radar still picks up both masses most likely if they are even a few miles apart... then again knowing how useless and lazy certain military radar trackers are it could be plausible

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by deadmn1337 Click here to enlarge
    Heard that theory and it certainly is interesting. It would explain a lot.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

that was the best overall theory i have heard...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

that was the best overall theory i have heard...
    Tried to send you a message, says your box is full Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

They went very high then very low. 45,000 feet will suffocate passengers if the cabin is depressurized in seconds.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    It's insane how they manage to lose a Boeing of all things. Also how could it manage to fly several hours without being detected. You would think countries would be on high alert after hearing about a missing plane based on past experiences. Although, guess that damage was already done by the time this information went international. Not even a single one of those cellphones can't be tracked. Countries brag about finding people in a cave in the middle of nowhere but can't find this :/.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Scorpion Click here to enlarge
    It's insane how they manage to lose a Boeing of all things. Also how could it manage to fly several hours without being detected. You would think countries would be on high alert after hearing about a missing plane based on past experiences. Although, guess that damage was already done by the time this information went international. Not even a single one of those cellphones can't be tracked. Countries brag about finding people in a cave in the middle of nowhere but can't find this :/.
    I guess capability is vastly overstated.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I guess capability is vastly overstated.
    And then some, could have been somewhat understandable if it was a smaller plane. But it being a Boeing, and one with over 200 passengers. Seeing technologically advanced we are these days, we really shouldn't be able to lose something that big, let alone that many people. It's sad really, my condolences go out to the family members.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

I would figure a US satellite would have picked this thing up. WTF maybe they should stop reading our e-mails and concentrate on if terrorists just jacked a plane.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge

Now they're searching down near Antarctica, good luck with that one

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Looking more and more like this was meticulously plotted:

Missing Malaysian Airlines Flight 370's initial turn from its planned flight route was reportedly scheduled on a computer system and programmed by someone with access to the cockpit, casting further suspicion on the plane's pilots and crew.

The New York Times, citing "senior American officials," reports that whoever programed the system used a computer located between the flight's captain and first officer. The officials said it was unlikely that a passenger would have known enough about Boeing aircraft to have reprogrammed the system.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Maybe everyone is overthinking this? Sounds like a solid theory but I still don't understand why a transponder would already be shut off at the time the pilot checked in and if they were already shutting off system why not say something was wrong?

"MH370 A different point of view. Pulau Langkawi 13,000 runway.

A lot of speculation about MH370. Terrorism, hijack, meteors. I cannot believe the analysis on CNN - almost disturbing. I tend to look for a more simple explanation of this event.

Loaded 777 departs midnight from Kuala to Beijing. Hot night. Heavy aircraft. About an hour out across the gulf towards Vietnam the plane goes dark meaning the transponder goes off and secondary radar tracking goes off.

Two days later we hear of reports that Malaysian military radar (which is a primary radar meaning the plane is being tracked by reflection rather than by transponder interrogation response) has tracked the plane on a southwesterly course back across the Malay Peninsula into the straits of Malacca.

When I heard this I immediately brought up Google Earth and I searched for airports in proximity to the track towards southwest.

The left turn is the key here. This was a very experienced senior Captain with 18,000 hours. Maybe some of the younger pilots interviewed on CNN didn't pick up on this left turn. We old pilots were always drilled to always know the closest airport of safe harbor while in cruise. Airports behind us, airports abeam us and airports ahead of us. Always in our head. Always. Because if something happens you don't want to be thinking what are you going to do - you already know what you are going to do. Instinctively when I saw that left turn with a direct heading I knew he was heading for an airport. Actually he was taking a direct route to Palau Langkawi a 13,000 foot strip with an approach over water at night with no obstacles. He did not turn back to Kuala Lampur because he knew he had 8,000 foot ridges to cross. He knew the terrain was friendlier towards Langkawi and also a shorter distance.

Take a look on Google Earth at this airport. This pilot did all the right things. He was confronted by some major event onboard that made him make that immediate turn back to the closest safe airport.

For me the loss of transponders and communications makes perfect sense if a fire. There was most likely a fire or electrical fire. In the case of fire the first response if to pull all the main busses and restore circuits one by one until you have isolated the bad one.

If they pulled the busses the plane indeed would go silent. It was probably a serious event and they simply were occupied with controlling the plane and trying to fight the fire. Aviate, Navigate and lastly communicate. There are two types of fires. Electrical might not be as fast and furious and there might or might not be incapacitating smoke. However there is the possibility given the timeline that perhaps there was an overheat on one of the front landing gear tires and it blew on takeoff and started slowly burning. Yes this happens with underinflated tires. Remember heavy plane, hot night, sea level, long run takeoff. There was a well known accident in Nigeria of a DC8 that had a landing gear fire on takeoff. A tire fire once going would produce horrific incapacitating smoke. Yes, pilots have access to oxygen masks but this is a no no with fire. Most have access to a smoke hood with a filter but this will only last for a few minutes depending on the smoke level. (I used to carry one of my own in a flight bag and I still carry one in my briefcase today when I fly).

What I think happened is that they were overcome by smoke and the plane just continued on the heading probably on George (autopilot) until either fuel exhaustion or fire destroyed the control surfaces and it crashed. I said four days ago you will find it along that route - looking elsewhere was pointless.

This pilot, as I say, was a hero struggling with an impossible situation trying to get that plane to Langkawi. No doubt in my mind. That's the reason for the turn and direct route. A hijack would not have made that deliberate left turn with a direct heading for Langkawi. It would probably have weaved around a bit until the hijackers decided on where they were taking it.

Surprisingly none of the reporters , officials, other pilots interviewed have looked at this from the pilot's viewpoint. If something went wrong where would he go? Thanks to Google earth I spotted Langkawi in about 30 seconds, zoomed in and saw how long the runway was and I just instinctively knew this pilot knew this airport. He had probably flown there many times. I guess we will eventually find out when you help me spread this theory on the net and some reporters finally take a look on Google earth and put 2 and 2 together. Also a look at the age and number of cycles on those nose tires might give us a good clue too.

Fire in an aircraft demands one thing - you get the machine on the ground as soon as possible. There are two well remembered experiences in my memory. The AirCanada DC9 which landed I believe in Columbus Ohio in the eighties. That pilot delayed descent and bypassed several airports. He didn't instinctively know the closest airports. He got it on the ground eventually but lost 30 odd souls. In the 1998 crash of Swissair DC-10 off Nova Scotia was another example of heroic pilots. They were 15 minutes out of Halifax but the fire simply overcame them and they had to ditch in the ocean. Just ran out of time. That fire incidentally started when the aircraft was about an hour out of Kennedy. Guess what the transponders and communications were shut off as they pulled the busses.

Get on Google Earth and type in Pulau Langkawi and then look at it in relation to the radar track heading. 2+2=4 That for me is the simple explanation why it turned and headed in that direction.

Smart pilot. Just didn't have the time."

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Maybe everyone is overthinking this? Sounds like a solid theory but I still don't understand why a transponder would already be shut off at the time the pilot checked in and if they were already shutting off system why not say something was wrong?
    That and not one peep from the passenger's cell phones/PC's. I also don't see how the plane could fly (as they told us) for 5-7hrs after the turn if that's the case. And the ELT never went off.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    That and not one peep from the passenger's cell phones/PC's. I also don't see how the plane could fly (as they told us) for 5-7hrs after the turn if that's the case. And the ELT never went off.
    Exactly, the ELT is a huge wildcard.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast