Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jacob502 Click here to enlarge
    I understand. The point I was trying to make was that since your car won the Roll-On event by trapping in the 172- 173 mph, The supercharged SLS must have trapped less.

My brother's SLS trapped 160mph in a standing half mile. Had it been a roll-on event it would have trapped higher.

Just a technical indication that both trap speeds for both cars in 800 meters are similar when they should not beClick here to enlarge
    I don't know if we can really compare it that way. Honestly, the power and torque numbers are just much higher for a supercharged car. There really is no comparison. Like I said, the kits have evolved with the addition of the 3.0 liter option as has tuning. This TCU being cracked is just another example of platform evolution.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

8 out of 8 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    There are a few issues here that need to noted. First, until we produced a long tube header (2-3 months ago) every other header on the market is a complete design failure. This is why @SLS AMG had to modify his headers. This is also why we specifically state that our SLS750 supercharger package can only be ran with a factory exhaust system.

Every header on the market pushed the O2 sensor so far back in the system that the sensor can't even keep itself up to temp to get a proper reading of the exhaust gas mixture. This causes a few issues. First, the car will have sporadic readings. You will see O2 sensor trims fluctuate plus or minus 20% when they should only fluctuate maybe 5%. Second, (and most dangerous) the ECU will start to adapt using its best logic and it will typically adapt to run leaner which can cause serious issues. Even on an NA car, it will do this but on a supercharged SLS, the margin of error is much less. Third, the car will have idle issues which will eventually cause issues with the DCT. The idle issue comes from the car running from rich to lean constantly.

Now we ask, how does everyone modify the SLS headers, and how are they produced. The only way to modify these headers is to stick the O2 sensor on one single primary. This is a huge band-aid solution which only gives you a mixture reading out of one single cylinder. We can post pictures of what we have seen and those of you who have knowledge of this will honestly laugh.

Some tri-y headers have the O2 sensor placed on two cylinders. Again better than one, but still not good enough.

The SLS that @Jacob502 and @SLS AMG are referring to was one of these. This particular car made 670HP on a dynojet and makes great power on the dyno. As soon as it driven for some time the car adapts, and starts to run lean. From here we specifically put a tune in the car that doesn't allow it to make power when running lean so the customer won't damage the engine.

We have installed superchargers on many SLS and SLS Black Series, and those who have our headers installed are absolute power-houses with absolutely no issues. 600HP at the wheels on an NA SLS Black Series, and a very conservative 700HP at the wheels with our Supercharger on the SLS Black Series. We will be releasing more details on our headers shortly. Thanks guys!

Weistec Engineering

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

1 out of 7 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

This post by LZH is hidden due to excessive negative ratings. Click expand to view the post.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SLS AMG Click here to enlarge
    Hey LZH, you tend to talk to Weistec a lot don't you?

Please talk to Steve @Weistec about my race with the supercharged SLS and he will confirm.

Steve himself said that the SLS's are not working well with thier SC systems and they Were working on it.

In fact why don't you ask Jim why his C63 BS wad quicker on stock internals than his SLS BS....
    The only reason the C BS might be quicker is the MCT clutch packs can handle slightly more torque and HP than the DCT in the SLS. I have both the C and SLS tuned to the maximum amount each clutch can hold and that is currently 790whp for the C and 725whp for the SLS. Wesitec is working on clutch pack solutions for both applications, in fact the beefier MCT clutch packs are being installed in my C BS as I type this and beefier DCT clutch packs are already installed and being tested on another customers SLS. All that being said even with a 75whp deficit I believe my SLS is as fast or faster than my C. The SLS is much lighter and has a much faster shifting transmission, those two things should be enough to overcome the hp deficit. We will know soon enough. As soon as the new clutch packs get installed and the C is back home in Chicago I will be sure to line the two cars up side by side for some real world results.
    Click here to enlarge

1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Weistec Click here to enlarge
    There are a few issues here that need to noted. First, until we produced a long tube header (2-3 months ago) every other header on the market is a complete design failure. This is why @SLS AMG had to modify his headers. This is also why we specifically state that our SLS750 supercharger package can only be ran with a factory exhaust system.

Every header on the market pushed the O2 sensor so far back in the system that the sensor can't even keep itself up to temp to get a proper reading of the exhaust gas mixture. This causes a few issues. First, the car will have sporadic readings. You will see O2 sensor trims fluctuate plus or minus 20% when they should only fluctuate maybe 5%. Second, (and most dangerous) the ECU will start to adapt using its best logic and it will typically adapt to run leaner which can cause serious issues. Even on an NA car, it will do this but on a supercharged SLS, the margin of error is much less. Third, the car will have idle issues which will eventually cause issues with the DCT. The idle issue comes from the car running from rich to lean constantly.

Now we ask, how does everyone modify the SLS headers, and how are they produced. The only way to modify these headers is to stick the O2 sensor on one single primary. This is a huge band-aid solution which only gives you a mixture reading out of one single cylinder. We can post pictures of what we have seen and those of you who have knowledge of this will honestly laugh.

Some tri-y headers have the O2 sensor placed on two cylinders. Again better than one, but still not good enough.

The SLS that @Jacob502 and @SLS AMG are referring to was one of these. This particular car made 670HP on a dynojet and makes great power on the dyno. As soon as it driven for some time the car adapts, and starts to run lean. From here we specifically put a tune in the car that doesn't allow it to make power when running lean so the customer won't damage the engine.

We have installed superchargers on many SLS and SLS Black Series, and those who have our headers installed are absolute power-houses with absolutely no issues. 600HP at the wheels on an NA SLS Black Series, and a very conservative 700HP at the wheels with our Supercharger on the SLS Black Series. We will be releasing more details on our headers shortly. Thanks guys!

Weistec Engineering
    I can attest to the Weistec headers working flawlessly with their SC set-up. I have put several thousand trouble free miles on my SLS BS since Weistec installed their 3.0L SLS system and Weistec LT headers. Since they have installed everything my car has driven 800 miles from Chicago to Dallas, 1700 miles from Dallas to Orange County and spent an entire 3 day weekend putting it through it's paces and running it hard at an event at Laguna Seca without so much as even a CEL.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Weistec Engineering
    very nice to hear this. We want our SLS to get this package. I can't wait to see some more info on those headers.
    I will Email you
    Weistec Supercharged SL63 AMG
    Click here to enlarge
    Fastest Overall Mercedes SL Class VBOX 60-130, 6.86-
    Dragtimes.com, FEB 16 2013

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    I can attest to the Weistec headers working flawlessly with their SC set-up. I have put several thousand trouble free miles on my SLS BS since Weistec installed their 3.0L SLS system and Weistec LT headers. Since they have installed everything my car has driven 800 miles from Chicago to Dallas, 1700 miles from Dallas to Orange County and spent an entire 3 day weekend putting it through it's paces and running it hard at an event at Laguna Seca without so much as even a CEL.
    That's just perfect. I saw your car kick ass at the optima challenge. Very nicely done
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We will be releasing more details on our headers shortly. Thanks guys!
    This is what I'm looking forward to but won't everyone just rip off your solution?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The only reason the C BS might be quicker is the MCT clutch packs can handle slightly more torque and HP than the DCT in the SLS. I have both the C and SLS tuned to the maximum amount each clutch can hold and that is currently 790whp for the C and 725whp for the SLS. Wesitec is working on clutch pack solutions for both applications, in fact the beefier MCT clutch packs are being installed in my C BS as I type this and beefier DCT clutch packs are already installed and being tested on another customers SLS. All that being said even with a 75whp deficit I believe my SLS is as fast or faster than my C. The SLS is much lighter and has a much faster shifting transmission, those two things should be enough to overcome the hp deficit. We will know soon enough. As soon as the new clutch packs get installed and the C is back home in Chicago I will be sure to line the two cars up side by side for some real world results.
    The SLS will make more efficient use of its power. It's lighter, it revs higher so it has tighter gearing, and it shifts faster. Even if the HP / torque were equal all those other factors mean the SLS is simply faster.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This is what I'm looking forward to but won't everyone just rip off your solution?
    What choice do we have at this point? It happened before and we know it will happen again. We just want to produce the proper parts for the car, and we think an SLS making the power, driving cross country twice, and laying down some of the fastest lap times at Laguna Seca is a strong indicator.

Weistec Engineering
    Click here to enlarge
    Home of the World's Fastest Mercedes

CONNECT WITH US
    www.Weistec.com
    Sales@Weistec.com

Instagram
    Facebook

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What choice do we have at this point? It happened before and we know it will happen again. We just want to produce the proper parts for the car, and we think an SLS making the power, driving cross country twice, and laying down some of the fastest lap times at Laguna Seca is a strong indicator.

Weistec Engineering
    It's the right attitude. Nothing you can really do about that or that anyone in this industry can really do about copycats.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

May we have a picture of the headers for the SLS,PLEASE?
    Thank you

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

There is always going to be somebody out there trying to rip you off. I think most people with AMGs playing at this level of power know Weistec are the ones at the forefront of design and innovation for these cars and will buy from Weistec. Perfect example, look how many people on these boards have posted about purchasing a Kleeman blower for an M156 or M159...I think I can count them on one hand lol.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There is always going to be somebody out there trying to rip you off. I think most people with AMGs playing at this level of power know Weistec are the ones at the forefront of design and innovation for these cars and will buy from Weistec. Perfect example, look how many people on these boards have posted about purchasing a Kleeman blower for an M156 or M159...I think I can count them on one hand lol.
    Kleemann was vocal and now is very quiet and I haven't heard anything. I'm not sure what's up.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Kleemann was vocal and now is very quiet and I haven't heard anything. I'm not sure what's up.
    That's cause they suck
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's cause they suck
    Not necessary man. Whatever happened is in the past and they are here to stay. It is what it is. It's competition that will breed the best options and that is essentially what Weistec is saying about concentrating on leading the platform.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    One thing I will say is I was in communication with Kleemann for some time and they were being very vocal and then it all just stopped without a trace.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Nobody ponied up the cash, their system is more expensive than the Weistec system and relatively unproven. I have not heard of anyone putting one on a track. Maverick is the only person I know that purchased one. There is thread after thread on all the big MB Forums of people posting dyno sheets, track results and real world feedbadk of their Weistec powered machines, there is nothing like that out there for the Kleemann system. Most people that are going to plunk down $15-$20k on a blower for a $80-$300K AMG are going to do some research and go with the proven system. I don't think anyone can question the amount of testing and R&D that Weistec puts into their products
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

. I have not heard of anyone putting one on a track. Maverick is the only person I know that purchased one. There is thread after thread on all the big MB Forums of people posting dyno
    There is one here in the gulf on an E63. I have been trying to run against him for more than 4 months now and get a video for you all and he just wont do it. He did race a Supersprint Header/Tune C63 tuned by Weistec and was only 3 cars ahead of it.
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

@Weistec can you do this to an M156 or M157. You will make my dream come true

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

3 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    There is one here in the gulf on an E63. I have been trying to run against him for more than 4 months now and get a video for you all and he just wont do it. He did race a Supersprint Header/Tune C63 tuned by Weistec and was only 3 cars ahead of it.
    I know exactly who you are talking about. POS doesn't want to run me with my C63 as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Portman Click here to enlarge
    I know exactly who you are talking about. POS doesn't want to run me with my C63 as well.
    I hate pussies like that. Too afraid to line up against someone for fear he may lose. I bet he lines up against cars he knows he can for sure beat all the time but god forbid someone with a car that might give him a run for his money pulls up next to him at a stop light he will instantly acts like he doesn't see you...what a tool.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Speaking for myself only, i have 1 Kleeman system installed and it has performed very well - having said that i only got one because i got a very special price on it and probably wouldnt have considered one at its usual retail price at the time because it was a clear premium to the Weistec product. i am very happy with it. After some well documented teething problems in 2011/12 i am just as happy with the 3 Weistec systems i have too - just wish i had some of their headers!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Maverick1975 Click here to enlarge
    Speaking for myself only, i have 1 Kleeman system installed and it has performed very well - having said that i only got one because i got a very special price on it and probably wouldnt have considered one at its usual retail price at the time because it was a clear premium to the Weistec product. i am very happy with it. After some well documented teething problems in 2011/12 i am just as happy with the 3 Weistec systems i have too - just wish i had some of their headers!
    Why not get the headers? Clearly these motors benefit from a nice set.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I would definately consider it if some more info was available like price and fitment for RHD cars and also some sound clips too

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast