Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

A little curious about podcasts. WTF is it, and the hell do i use it?

Does anybody use them? A few of my friends keep telling me to check out their podcasts but I have no idea how to listen to them. Do I need a program or something of the sort in order to play them? I know iTunes has some podcast thing built into it but I dont feel like downloading iTunes on my work computer. Any recommended programs and or podcasts to listen to? I listen to mostly house and hip hop

Thanks in advance guys Click here to enlarge
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT

Click here to enlarge

E46 M3 Owners of the World <---- Join the FB group!!

Instagram :: @NotSMG.M3

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    They're just audio files, most commonly MP3. They're typically syndicated via RSS. So if you have an RSS reader, you subscribe to the site you want. When they release a new episode of their podcast it's announced (usually with a link to the sound file) via their RSS feed, and you can download it. There are a lot of aggregators that allow you to manage your RSS subscriptions. Also, you can download podcasts using iTunes. Pretty much every regular podcast out there publishes to iTunes. I download them to my iPhone and listen to them in the car.

Most podcasts are straight audio, though there are also video podcasts. They're just recorded shows. Some are daily and last a few minutes, some are weekly or monthly and may run for a few hours.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fstop7 Click here to enlarge
    They're just audio files, most commonly MP3. They're typically syndicated via RSS. So if you have an RSS reader, you subscribe to the site you want. When they release a new episode of their podcast it's announced (usually with a link to the sound file) via their RSS feed, and you can download it. There are a lot of aggregators that allow you to manage your RSS subscriptions. Also, you can download podcasts using iTunes. Pretty much every regular podcast out there publishes to iTunes. I download them to my iPhone and listen to them in the car.

Most podcasts are straight audio, though there are also video podcasts. They're just recorded shows. Some are daily and last a few minutes, some are weekly or monthly and may run for a few hours.
    Could not have said it any better, this is a great explanation.

I have considered doing a BB podcast but don't know if it is worth it.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    do it anyway