Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stock BMW F10 M5 versus Hennessey HPE650 CTS-V from a stop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1581 Post(s)

Stock BMW F10 M5 versus Hennessey HPE650 CTS-V from a stop

Great run here from a modified Cadillac CTS-V with the Hennessey HPE650 package versus a Stock F10 M5 that does not have the Competition Package option. Hennessey claims 566 rear wheel horsepower for the HPE650 package which consists of a pulley upgrade, intake, heat exchanger upgrade, and new tune. That is more wheel horsepower than the F10 M5 has stock but the F10 M5 has the advantage of a DCT transmission.

Click here to enlarge

Hennessey claims a 124 1/4 mile trap speed for the package although this package on the CTS-V wagon has only done 121. That said, the lighter sedan (approximately 200 pounds less depending on manual or automatic option) should be close to that trap speed. That also should be enough to take a stock F10 M5.

In the video what we see is that the F10 M5 takes the CTS-V out of the hole getting maybe a slight jump on it. The CTS-V comes back fairly strong showing it does have the HP advantage it should but it can not gain any further ground going neck and neck to 124 miles per hour. The M5 holds it off and gains back a little bit of ground lost but then the CTS-V lets off.

A very close run that goes back and forth. The CTS-V shows an advantage in the lower gears but up top can not overcome the BMW turbos and redline. The DCT also certainly helps. If this was a Competition Package M5, it would likely win against the modified CTS-V. An impressive showing for the M5.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Something doesn't ass up. How can it have almost 100 more hp and not manage to walk away? Yeah yeah yeah dct super quick shifts. There's no way it can make up for a hp deficit that big, but if so I'm retrofitting this to my m3 tomorrow

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1581 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by G0TB00ST? Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Something doesn't ass up. How can it have almost 100 more hp and not manage to walk away? Yeah yeah yeah dct super quick shifts. There's no way it can make up for a hp deficit that big, but if so I'm retrofitting this to my m3 tomorrow
    It's not 100 more hp. Also, the Caddy does pull just once they reach higher speeds it can't seem to pull any more. I think the S63TU just does better up top with the turbos.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

doesn't Hennessy charge a $#@!load of money for the HPE650? $#@!ing waste, for the amount of money it costs you can upgrade a stock v to the point where it assrapes the M5

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1581 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rawad1017 Click here to enlarge
    doesn't Hennessy charge a $#@!load of money for the HPE650? $#@!ing waste, for the amount of money it costs you can upgrade a stock v to the point where it assrapes the M5
    I don't know what he charges but no doubt there are better options out there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1581 Post(s)

This article appears on caddyboost.com btw. Yay, things are working Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It's not 100 more hp. Also, the Caddy does pull just once they reach higher speeds it can't seem to pull any more. I think the S63TU just does better up top with the turbos.
    It's a 90hp difference you would think it would close the gap a little faster than that... Also I meant add in my last comment damn autocorrect
    E46 M3 Carbon Black on Cinn: bc racing coilovers; euro headers; tuned by brenton brown; afe filter; rogue el diablo muffler; mod bargains csl cf trunk; other cf csl bits and pieces...and a few other things

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1581 Post(s)

It's a 90hp difference you would think it would close the gap a little faster than that... Also I meant add in my last comment damn autocorrect
    You didn't click on the dyno numbers I linked to did you?

I was going to ask you if you meant ass but I thought you were being funny.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You didn't click on the dyno numbers I linked to did you?

I was going to ask you if you meant ass but I thought you were being funny.
    No... But I did actually read the thread this time lol

on a side note I think the fact that my phone autocorrected add to ass says a lot.
    E46 M3 Carbon Black on Cinn: bc racing coilovers; euro headers; tuned by brenton brown; afe filter; rogue el diablo muffler; mod bargains csl cf trunk; other cf csl bits and pieces...and a few other things

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1581 Post(s)

on a side note I think the fact that my phone autocorrected add to ass says a lot.
    That your phone is funnier than you are? I kid.

No... But I did actually read the thread this time lol
    The difference is roughly ~40 whp. So, that's the reason it is close.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lol yeah I guess I set my self up for that one. Any way yeah I looked at the dyno numbers and it makes more sense now

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1581 Post(s)

Lol yeah I guess I set my self up for that one. Any way yeah I looked at the dyno numbers and it makes more sense now
    Yeah the DCT helps it hang in there but what is interesting to me is how up top it can't pull.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

A well-broken in M5 will make at the wheels close to what BMW claims at the crank - I've seen some pretty crazy stock dyno numbers from a few. Definitely helps in this case. DCT is also huge. And yeah the S63 just continues to build power towards redline...not sure how the curves on the CTS look. Damn impressive for the M5.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1581 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leveraged sellout Click here to enlarge
    A well-broken in M5 will make at the wheels close to what BMW claims at the crank - I've seen some pretty crazy stock dyno numbers from a few. Definitely helps in this case. DCT is also huge. And yeah the S63 just continues to build power towards redline...not sure how the curves on the CTS look. Damn impressive for the M5.
    Yep, pretty much. The F10 M5, at least when it comes to a single straightline pull, is strong.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yep, pretty much. The F10 M5, at least when it comes to a single straightline pull, is strong.
    Very much so. Still continue to be impressed by the almost irrational performance these things are capable of.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1581 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leveraged sellout Click here to enlarge
    Very much so. Still continue to be impressed by the almost irrational performance these things are capable of.
    It really isn't irrational. It's what it should be and it could be even better if the stupid things didn't weigh so much.

Now take everything you see, add more HP, and subtract almost 1000 pounds. What you get is a built motor DCT M3 with a blower.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

It really isn't irrational. It's what it should be and it could be even better if the stupid things didn't weigh so much.

Now take everything you see, add more HP, and subtract almost 1000 pounds. What you get is a built motor DCT M3 with a blower.
    Well, yeah. I mean given the factory quoted numbers you would never expect this. Especially since the E60 and E90 weren't too far off from factory specs as given.

I really really really want an S/C M3 at some point - mostly because it would be fast as sh*t and still handle like an over-sized go-kart with some coilovers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1581 Post(s)

I really really really want an S/C M3 at some point - mostly because it would be fast as sh*t and still handle like an over-sized go-kart with some coilovers.
    Turbo M3. Even better because you aren't sacrificing the throttle response.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    i will say this....there is evidence that a hennessey kit like that only makes ~525whp IF that. I swear someone needs to put them out so people can see the con artists they are....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1581 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    i will say this....there is evidence that a hennessey kit like that only makes ~525whp IF that. I swear someone needs to put them out so people can see the con artists they are....
    It's making the power. It does pull and make up ground.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Maybe... my old man used to talk about (manufactured) Monday cars versus drunken Friday afternoon cars.... one was a beast, the other a pig.... like wine there is a LOT of VARIABILITY in identical cars
    E85 996 TTS RWD = 2/3 HBK
    E39 540i

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

"If getting your V to Hennessey’s shop in Texas is problematic, he offers a 650-horse mail-order kit for $5950"

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/hennessey-cadillac-cts-v-v700-review

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH long story short you can a "700 BHP" CTS V that runs 11.7 @ 128 mph for around the same price as a new m5. Albeit this was based off buying a Brand New CTS-V with all performance enhancing products.

Now I know the CTS-V 650 kit is around 6k without install. I'd like to see the total price of the http://www.caddyboost.com/showthread...T-6266-LSX-427 before I'd even touch the CTS-V from hennessey! Also I think @ultimateendz with a stage 1 ran a high 10!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by onisyndicate Click here to enlarge
    "If getting your V to Hennessey’s shop in Texas is problematic, he offers a 650-horse mail-order kit for $5950"

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/hennessey-cadillac-cts-v-v700-review

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH long story short you can a "700 BHP" CTS V that runs 11.7 @ 128 mph for around the same price as a new m5. Albeit this was based off buying a Brand New CTS-V with all performance enhancing products.

Now I know the CTS-V 650 kit is around 6k without install. I'd like to see the total price of the http://www.caddyboost.com/showthread...T-6266-LSX-427 before I'd even touch the CTS-V from hennessey! Also I think @ultimateendz with a stage 1 ran a high 10!

for 8k i ran 11.1@134 on street tires (PSS) vs hennesseys 8k 11.7@128 on slicks...hennesseys TT CTS-V is $250k...i spent about 24k on mine and some of that had nothing to do with the actual TT kit and I make the SAME amount of power
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1581 Post(s)

for 8k i ran 11.1@134 on street tires (PSS) vs hennesseys 8k 11.7@128 on slicks...hennesseys TT CTS-V is $250k...i spent about 24k on mine and some of that had nothing to do with the actual TT kit and I make the SAME amount of power
    Hennessey is a waste of money like Techart, Ruf, Dinan, etc.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

This article appears on caddyboost.com btw. Yay, things are working Click here to enlarge
    Wait. Caddyboost? Sticky, you should have said something sooner. Guess who's now rocking' a V... Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast