Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    They wrote superleggera, who cares what image they use for the magazine? Why would they write something it isn't?

It is on the COVER, lp 570. Along with other cars. They say it is the LP 570.

There is no 458 on there from what I see.

458 had the same time, Just was released a month later.

I can't compare actually achieved lap times by pro drivers to what one magazine gets? Why not? Why is only one data point valid? I would agree that testing same day same time is important but it just goes to show a car costing a whole hell of a lot less can trounce the LF-A in every performance category. It isn't a top performance car, it is a tech-demo and a status symbol.

I'm saying just consider One single magazine. A better control is achieved.

Well, they got that right because it certainly isn't doing anything remarkable performance wise. The GTR can be argued to be a better performance car than the LF-A. The fact it isn't ridiculous to compare the two shows how ridiculous the 375k price tag for the LF-A really is. It's insanity, the LF-A in my opinion is a joke of a supercar.

SLR is slower than GTR on a track, which inturn is slower than LFA. So how is it a failure in performance. Dont quote straightline numbers.

About the SLR their dismal sales led to their closure of the program. I remember reading it on top gear magazine or evo. not sure which one.

Hold whatever view you like, up to you, but I find the LF-A to be a failure.

Well atleast i'll get to ride in the LFA Click here to enlarge
    kthxbai

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    To me, the LFA is a failure, simply because it fails to achieve and/or outperform, anything the Carrera GT does (at least 6 years older car, though timeless in design). For the money, quality, engineering, and performance, a Carrera GT is some much more car... Click here to enlarge

However, people can spend their money however they want.

What I dont really understand is, although the LFA has some very nice engineering in it, how does it still weight nearly 3583 lbs(According to car and driver), when it has a very small displacement V10, and carbon chassis and body... Seems like something went very wrong in the design/engineering department (maybe too too many electronics?)...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LuckyEff Click here to enlarge
    LFA is way better than the Audi. It isnt about the speed in a straight line. Look at the recent ring tests. LFA was the fastest, where it was supposed to be!

I know of a guy who is sending his LFA straight to UGR for twin superchargers. This car has completely forged engine. So it should save him some money.
    ROFL, poor misguided sole. The LFA is an absolute joke, factor in the cost and it's hard not to end up on the floor laughing. Rather have a 599GTB as would 99% of the people I know.

Not a bad flagship car for Lexus considering it's their first in the high performance game, but the car's resume reads like it should have 5-7 years ago when this type of performance would've been impressive. The pricetag is a joke and was simply reflective of the ultra low build numbers and the fact Lexus knew people would pay for the name.

Probably the only time you'll ever hear me say this, but I'd rather have a GTR.

On the topic of twin superchargers, again, what's the point? A single properly sized supercharger is going to be able to feed the 4.8L V10 with NPs. Why double the parasitic loss? More is not always better and here it's certainly the case.
    Who cares if the internals are forged if they're over 11:1 and he wants to run serious boost he's going to need to drop static C/R anyway.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

SLR is slower than GTR on a track, which inturn is slower than LFA. So how is it a failure in performance.

So the LF-A does outperform a SLR
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
    ROFL, poor misguided sole. The LFA is an absolute joke, factor in the cost and it's hard not to end up on the floor laughing. Rather have a 599GTB as would 99% of the people I know.

Not a bad flagship car for Lexus considering it's their first in the high performance game, but the car's resume reads like it should have 5-7 years ago when this type of performance would've been impressive. The pricetag is a joke and was simply reflective of the ultra low build numbers and the fact Lexus knew people would pay for the name.

Probably the only time you'll ever hear me say this, but I'd rather have a GTR.

On the topic of twin superchargers, again, what's the point? A single properly sized supercharger is going to be able to feed the 4.8L V10 with NPs. Why double the parasitic loss? More is not always better and here it's certainly the case.
    Who cares if the internals are forged if they're over 11:1 and he wants to run serious boost he's going to need to drop static C/R anyway.
    Hahaha. Sure buddy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GT3 Click here to enlarge
    To me, the LFA is a failure, simply because it fails to achieve and/or outperform, anything the Carrera GT does (at least 6 years older car, though timeless in design). For the money, quality, engineering, and performance, a Carrera GT is some much more car...
    The Carrera GT is more exotic, has a better motor, and is actually a value in comparison. The LF-A struggles against a parts bin Audi, the Carrera GT is in a whole different league, much more car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FR305 Click here to enlarge
    SLR is slower than GTR on a track, which inturn is slower than LFA. So how is it a failure in performance.

So the LF-A does outperform a SLR
    The LF-A is likely faster than the SLR around a track but you were saying it was up to par with the SLR which clearly in all aspects it isn't. The SLR has way more motor and is simply faster.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Hahaha. Sure buddy.
    He's right on.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GT3 Click here to enlarge
    What I dont really understand is, although the LFA has some very nice engineering in it, how does it still weight nearly 3583 lbs(According to car and driver), when it has a very small displacement V10, and carbon chassis and body... Seems like something went very wrong in the design/engineering department (maybe too too many electronics?)...
    How does that V10 put out the same power as BMW's sedan motor from 2005? Rated at 550 but dyno's 420 whp with a 9k redline? Wow, 375k V10 that can't measure up to a 5.0 liter V10 from an 85k sedan designed well over 5 years ago.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Hahaha. Sure buddy.
    Thanks for the concession.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Given the incredible price difference there is no way I would choose the LFA over the R8 5.2. Nor would I choose the LFA over cars that are similarly priced.

If the LFA were priced the same as the R8 5.2 then I'd be much more interested in it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    LFA is a failure? Well they sold out within one week.
    I wasn't aware the LFA was being "sold" to anyone. As far as I'm aware all LFAs are leased. And several of them were leased for very low prices to people with high profiles, celebrities, etc.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Competition not including a Carrera GT, GT2 RS, Viper ACR, or 458 Italia? They miss all the good stuff and don't even use an LP-560.

The ZR-1 has lapped a much faster 7:26, so what the hell is impressive about the LF-A for 350k? The GT2 has run a faster lap, as has the GTR, and the GT3 RS which is really the most impressive.

So sorry, the LF-A sucks for the money and I won't even get into its straightline speed because that part really is a joke as a V10 R8 demonstrates all too well.
    yea, and even besides that. It needs to be driven by the same driver to be actual valid data. if each car was driven by another.. then wtf.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

If the LF-A had 600 WHP would the price be justified? The only problem I see with the car is that its underpowered.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If the LF-A had 600 WHP would the price be justified? The only problem I see with the car is that its underpowered.
    Sure, if it had the chassis tuning to match the power. That would put it in the true supercar realm, where it would be competing for a place among the heavy hitters like the Zegg, Zonda, MC12, Enzo, Carrera GT, etc.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Red face

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fstop7 Click here to enlarge
    I wasn't aware the LFA was being "sold" to anyone. As far as I'm aware all LFAs are leased. And several of them were leased for very low prices to people with high profiles, celebrities, etc.
    They are sold here in UAE no leases.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fstop7 Click here to enlarge
    Sure, if it had the chassis tuning to match the power. That would put it in the true supercar realm, where it would be competing for a place among the heavy hitters like the Zegg, Zonda, MC12, Enzo, Carrera GT, etc.
    All the above cars are 600K plus. the LFA is 375K. Click here to enlarge

We all have our opinions and we are entitled to it.

I grew up praising only 1 ferrari. F40. That car for me is even more special than the enzo. No other ferrari can ever come close. Infact no supercar.

Let's put this matter to rest guys.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

I grew up praising only 1 ferrari. F40. That car for me is even more special than the enzo. No other ferrari can ever come close. Infact no supercar.

F40 is a "moto bene" !!!!
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

So we do admit it is underpowered?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

They are sold here in UAE no leases.

All the above cars are 600K plus. the LFA is 375K. Click here to enlarge

We all have our opinions and we are entitled to it.

Let's put this matter to rest guys.
    agree with the f40 its a masterpiece.

ill still say this 458 italia-280k
    porsche gt2rs -270 k
    turbo s - 180 k
    corvette zr1- 120 k

and those cars will not just beat the (Loser $#@!ing Automobile) it will rape them track and straight line. for over 100 k less. now you see why it is a total disaster.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

^Keep saying that if it makes you happy. Your LFA name is just too sweet. Do you know how childish it sounds? How old are you?

If you think that Exotics are bought for performance well then what's the point of arguing?

Whats the point of buying a Ducati if you can get a yamaha that performs better?

Go read sports auto where they had an exclusive line up of cars on the same day and LFA was the fastest.
    Last edited by LuckyEff; 10-22-2010 at 03:41 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

I'm 20, and that is besides the point.

I do not even consider this as an "exotic car" it is more of a failure to me. 8 years to design and fabricate and this is really all they got?

If you got the money, why not add another one in the collection. Otherwise I wouldn't bother spending 375k on a Toyota.

In the end, it is all opinionated on what you like and I respect that.

Facts are facts tho.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

And these facts are?

Just having a fun discussion, got time to kill.
    Last edited by LuckyEff; 10-22-2010 at 06:28 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

458 Italia, thank you and good night.

Not mention a scuderia version 458 is coming. It will be just that much better.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

MP4 12c > 458 Italia
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    458 Italia, thank you and good night.

Not mention a scuderia version 458 is coming. It will be just that much better.
    Scuderia huh? Even better, with a smaller motor, lighter, and for less money. LF what?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast