Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Single Turbo 350Z vs H/C/I/E LS1 Camaro

Well a few months my buddy enlisted in the Navy and got a pretty fat enlistment bonus, so he decided to put it into his car. I must say, I'm not into American muscle at all but I thought it was a pretty cool build. Basically what he had done was: a Pretty big Cam(don't remember exact specs, Stage 2.5 Heads, Eagle rods, 11.5:1 pistons, Long tube headers, LS6 intake mani, Ported throttle body, 3.73 gears, 4000 Stall, and a shift kit. All said and done he made 410whp, but was told it was realistically closer to 450ish because the stall eats up a lot of the power. Anyways, pretty cool.

While at the gym his usual American car loving cocky attitude started doing some talking. The end result, he said I could never beat his car, and that my car was slow. I just shrugged it off as we both know his car should be faster in a straight line, and I would pretty much destroy him around turns.

Now, the interesting part. As we leave the gym we end up at a light next to each other. He was egging me on so I said fine, I'll run from a dig. Light turned green and I out launched him. I shifted to second, spun really bad and he caught up and passed me by a half a car. I shifted to third and pulled back up. 4th gear, I barely started to creep, literally a foot in front of him, then he shut down at 100mph. I know if we would have kept going I would have pulled more, but I'm just happy he's back in his place.

Overall, it was the most fun race I have ever been in. It was back and forth the entire time. Win or loose I would have loved the race anyway just because of the intensity. So far his best track time is 12.1@113, but he just texted me a picture of a nitrous kit, so it all over for me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

There is something intoxicating about a big American V8.

12.1@113? Not bad, not exactly a car you can get cocky with though.

With nitrous he will dust you but maybe you will run into him when the baby doesn't have his bottle full.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    12.1 @ 113 seems hardly fast for a 400+whp auto...does he have a high stall torque converter? My z4m on a 75 shot ran 12.2 @ 117 on 19" r888's Nice job keeping up though b/c I know those z's have a hard time putting the power down...btw doesn't your car have 400+whp?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

All that work for 410whp? I would be disappointed, naturally aspirated or not.....

If he was super/turbocharged, different story!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by krnnerdboy Click here to enlarge
    12.1 @ 113 seems hardly fast for a 400+whp auto...does he have a high stall torque converter? My z4m on a 75 shot ran 12.2 @ 117 on 19" r888's Nice job keeping up though b/c I know those z's have a hard time putting the power down...btw doesn't your car have 400+whp?
    YEs, 4000 Stall. IT's weird it seems like it takes lots of power for a Camaro to trap decently. I raced him on my 6psi map which is 380whp.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    All that work for 410whp? I would be disappointed, naturally aspirated or not.....

If he was super/turbocharged, different story!
    In all fairness, he's currently limited to what his stock injectors can do. He's about to order 42lb injectors, and get a retune then it will be a monster. Similar setups to his minus the raised compression do 460-500whp so I'm curious to see what he gets out of it before spray because after that it just going to be insane.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by krnnerdboy Click here to enlarge
    Any more details on your Z4M? Your nitrous setup? Would like to see your slip as well and add you to the 1/4 list. Maybe make a thread in the S54 section?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale