Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 33
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,930
    Rep Points
    921.6
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No

    Could anyone here do a wheel rendering for me?

    Not my specific car but same color in a coupe

    Click here to enlarge
    And this wheel in 18" I understand sizing won't be perfect.

    Click here to enlarge
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

    Click here to enlarge

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Points
    2,896.3
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    29


    Yes Reputation No
    Stay away from BC forged. Wheels are straight garbage. A local is having the EXACT same issue I had and got the same response. And that guy rarely even drives his car, it's in the garage at all times.

    http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...ghlight=Wheels
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

    Click here to enlarge

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,930
    Rep Points
    921.6
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Stay away from BC forged. Wheels are straight garbage. A local is having the EXACT same issue I had and got the same response. And that guy rarely even drives his car, it's in the garage at all times.

    http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...ghlight=Wheels
    Jesus, I know you can get deals for a little less, but the wheels usually sell for $4k a set for 18's! That's considered cheap?! LOL I think that's pretty damn expensive. HRE are just insanely priced IMO, maybe if I had a $100k car I could justifty $6-8k for wheels...

    Any other suggestions? HRE actually doesn't even make a wheel like this style that I really like, ADV does, but in that thread that is frowned upon too? So what is good?
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

    Click here to enlarge

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Points
    2,896.3
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    29


    Yes Reputation No
    Look into HRE flow forms. Also ccw are very nice and custom made in south Florida. Look them up.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

    Click here to enlarge

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,488
    Rep Points
    32,174.7
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    HRE are just insanely priced IMO
    They're worth it.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,488
    Rep Points
    32,174.7
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Look into HRE flow forms. Also ccw are very nice and custom made in south Florida. Look them up.
    Flow Forms are where the HRE value is at.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,700
    Rep Points
    1,990.8
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    20


    Yes Reputation No
    Forgeline makes a similar wheel. They are all in house operations, just like HRE. Their wheels don't get much forum talk, but they are used on weekends by many race teams.

    But like HRE they are pricey, $6k for a set of 18's.


    Click here to enlarge

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,930
    Rep Points
    921.6
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Flow Forms are where the HRE value is at.
    Aside from price I'm just not in love with any of the HRE wheels, I know they're nice, for sure, but I'm just not in love with any of the wheel styles for my car. Maybe a rendering would change my mind, but for $6k+ I better be in $#@!ing love LOL
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

    Click here to enlarge

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,700
    Rep Points
    1,990.8
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    20


    Yes Reputation No
    You should get a nice light weight forged 1-piece wheel (less than 20lbs). The lighter they are, the more power to the ground.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,930
    Rep Points
    921.6
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10



    Yes Reputation No
    I gotta be honest guys I've spent the last hour scouring the net to try and find more bad rep for BC Forged and I just simply can't...it's nothing but praise and happy customers on every other forum...and they're testing seems pretty thorough; I believe you in what happened with your wheel, but it is possible it was a fluke, I mean I honestly can't find ONE other person with a complaint

    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

    Click here to enlarge

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Points
    2,896.3
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    29


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    I gotta be honest guys I've spent the last hour scouring the net to try and find more bad rep for BC Forged and I just simply can't...it's nothing but praise and happy customers on every other forum...and they're testing seems pretty thorough; I believe you in what happened with your wheel, but it is possible it was a fluke, I mean I honestly can't find ONE other person with a complaint

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpi1L...ature=youtu.be
    The guy i mentioned above is on e90post - boost4boobs is his name I think. His car was in the BC forged thread in the photo/video section. Feel free to buy whatever you want, but don't say I didn't warn you.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

    Click here to enlarge

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,930
    Rep Points
    921.6
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    The guy i mentioned above is on e90post - boost4boobs is his name I think. His car was in the BC forged thread in the photo/video section. Feel free to buy whatever you want, but don't say I didn't warn you.
    So you and this guy both had clear coat peel on you? Which wheels did you have? Just curious, and how long ago was this?
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

    Click here to enlarge

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Points
    2,896.3
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    29


    Yes Reputation No
    I have FJ34, ordered them probably two years ago. Started peeling about a month after I put them on. Bill has the HB29. His car is in the first post of this thread - http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14855836

    on page 3 he says he wished he never bought them lol.

    I just did did a quick google search for BC forged peeling and saw multiple hits.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

    Click here to enlarge

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,930
    Rep Points
    921.6
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    I have FJ34, ordered them probably two years ago. Started peeling about a month after I put them on. Bill has the HB29. His car is in the first post of this thread - http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14855836

    on page 3 he says he wished he never bought them lol.

    I just did did a quick google search for BC forged peeling and saw multiple hits.
    Yeah, the only hits are that thread and this one, but that's three people with the issue easily found. So you still have them? What did you do about the peeling? I'm going to shop some other brands now BTW.

    Anyone know a good wheel dealer that could do a rendering? HRE possibly?
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

    Click here to enlarge

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Points
    2,896.3
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    29


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    Yeah, the only hits are that thread and this one, but that's three people with the issue easily found. So you still have them? What did you do about the peeling? I'm going to shop some other brands now BTW.

    Anyone know a good wheel dealer that could do a rendering? HRE possibly?
    I disassembled the wheels, stripped the clear coat, and attempted to mirror polish them. Spent a good 6 months trying different approaches but the lips always failed to produce a brilliant luster. I spoke with a metal polishing shop in depth about it, and they mentioned that not all forged aluminum is created equal, and they have seen some lesser grades not be able to produce a nice smooth polished appearance. Being that BC forged is based in Taiwan, it doesn't surprise me that they would use some cheap ass aluminum. Ultimately i just got them looking as good as i could and put them back together. At this point I'm out the 3k that i dropped on the wheels, plus a few hundred dollars that i spent on polishing materials and a special wrench that i needed to remove the 10mm nuts that hold the face of the wheel to the barrel. I probably can't even sell them for much, even if they are two piece forged wheels that are 19lbs each, so i just took it on the chin. They are honestly just caked in brake dust now, i would wash them, but i get the sudden urge to light them on fire every time i look at them.

    It's by far the biggest regret i have had in the past 15 years of modding cars.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

    Click here to enlarge

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,930
    Rep Points
    921.6
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    I disassembled the wheels, stripped the clear coat, and attempted to mirror polish them. Spent a good 6 months trying different approaches but the lips always failed to produce a brilliant luster. I spoke with a metal polishing shop in depth about it, and they mentioned that not all forged aluminum is created equal, and they have seen some lesser grades not be able to produce a nice smooth polished appearance. Being that BC forged is based in Taiwan, it doesn't surprise me that they would use some cheap ass aluminum. Ultimately i just got them looking as good as i could and put them back together. At this point I'm out the 3k that i dropped on the wheels, plus a few hundred dollars that i spent on polishing materials and a special wrench that i needed to remove the 10mm nuts that hold the face of the wheel to the barrel. I probably can't even sell them for much, even if they are two piece forged wheels that are 19lbs each, so i just took it on the chin. They are honestly just caked in brake dust now, i would wash them, but i get the sudden urge to light them on fire every time i look at them.

    It's by far the biggest regret i have had in the past 15 years of modding cars.
    Damn....

    Well I've looked at these brands now...

    DPE
    CCW
    HRE
    BBS
    360forged
    iforged
    Rotiform

    some others too, but still finding it hard to find something I'm really in love with.
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

    Click here to enlarge

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,488
    Rep Points
    32,174.7
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    Aside from price I'm just not in love with any of the HRE wheels, I know they're nice, for sure, but I'm just not in love with any of the wheel styles for my car. Maybe a rendering would change my mind, but for $6k+ I better be in $#@!ing love LOL
    How can one of their styles not tickle your fancy?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,488
    Rep Points
    32,174.7
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Since this is more of a wheels and tires topic, moving.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Jersey City
    Posts
    3,852
    Rep Points
    3,642.6
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    37


    Yes Reputation No
    Check out Morr wheels...they are lightweight and strong. I've owned two sets so far and have no regrets. I'm currently running 18 inch Morr vs70's.
    Click here to enlarge


    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    6,246
    Rep Points
    6,792.5
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    68


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    Not my specific car but same color in a coupe

    http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...52010930-1.jpg
    And this wheel in 18" I understand sizing won't be perfect.

    http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...040GBCOX-1.jpg
    These wheels look a lot like the ones you want

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

  21. #21
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,930
    Rep Points
    921.6
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    Check out Morr wheels...they are lightweight and strong. I've owned two sets so far and have no regrets. I'm currently running 18 inch Morr vs70's.
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...ed0CDsQ8-1.jpg

    http://vimeo.com/70873707
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DavidV Click here to enlarge
    These wheels look a lot like the ones you want

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge
    Both look really nice, especially the Morr wheels, but it's obvious their one piece. I just really like those BC, I'm rolling the dice as I just can't find a wheel I like better. I understand a few ppl have had issues, but a few ppl have had issues with probably every wheel. I'm hoping I'll be part of the majority with no issues.

    I ordered them last Thursday, and should take about 4 weeks to make. So maybe 5 weeks total. I'll post plenty of pics when they arrive and update with any issues.

    Thanks for all your input. I think they're going to look awesome though
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

    Click here to enlarge

  22. #22
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Points
    2,896.3
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    29


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    Both look really nice, especially the Morr wheels, but it's obvious their one piece. I just really like those BC, I'm rolling the dice as I just can't find a wheel I like better. I understand a few ppl have had issues, but a few ppl have had issues with probably every wheel. I'm hoping I'll be part of the majority with no issues.

    I ordered them last Thursday, and should take about 4 weeks to make. So maybe 5 weeks total. I'll post plenty of pics when they arrive and update with any issues.

    Thanks for all your input. I think they're going to look awesome though
    I think most people understand that issues can come up, but what should worry you the most about BC is the bull$#@! response they gave me when the wheels were only 1-2 months old. I really hope you don't have any issues, because BC will definitely not do a damn thing about it. Pretty much every other wheel company will stand behind their product.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

    Click here to enlarge

  23. #23
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,930
    Rep Points
    921.6
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    I think most people understand that issues can come up, but what should worry you the most about BC is the bull$#@! response they gave me when the wheels were only 1-2 months old. I really hope you don't have any issues, because BC will definitely not do a damn thing about it. Pretty much every other wheel company will stand behind their product.
    I hear ya, which finish did you have on the wheels? Painted or just clear-coated? Mine will be gloss black lip/barrel and bronze spokes.
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

    Click here to enlarge

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    250
    Rep Points
    493.2
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    I have these for 4 years now. No issue whatsoever. Light as well. Had it for $1,200 for 4. Mine is 18" tho.

    http://www.modbargains.com/Forgestar-F14-Wheels.htm

  25. #25
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Points
    2,896.3
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    29


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    I hear ya, which finish did you have on the wheels? Painted or just clear-coated? Mine will be gloss black lip/barrel and bronze spokes.
    Brushed black spokes with polished lips. Oddly enough, the lips didn't come polished but rather clear coated. Clear coat failed on both the spokes and the lips. I highly recommend waxing the wheels as soon as you get them and only washing them with a very mild detergent; no dedicated wheel cleaners.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

    Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •