Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Random thought of the day!!! 1/2 mile roll racing events

Q: When will it become acceptable for bikes to attend these events?

Reasoning: I am certain a lot of you have seen the TX2K14 list floating around, and with 1/2 mile roll racing becoming ever more popular throught the country, when will bikes be allowed to attend? There's obviously no reason for the cars to be afraid when the entire 2K14 list shows nothing short of space shuttle capable speeds and with more and more cars showing up with well over 1000 rwhp; one begs to question. When will it become acceptable for bikes to compete?

Is there a safety concern? I know not all but a lot of drag strips allow bike vs car competition. My local 1/8th mile does and to me being a car and bike drag racer I have no issues with lining up with a car. In my eyes, my chances of being hit by a car with a great deal of hp is just as high as a car with 100 hp and a youth behind the wheel.

To be completely honest, regarding cars, I do not have the financial backing to compete with the ridiculous UGR, GTR, or pretty much anything above 600 rwhp. I barely have enough to compete with the 600 rwhp cars but I am able to obtain the funds to play in that arena. However, with a bike, I'll get my rider mod down, strap on a shot of nitrous, and hang with the 1000+rwhp cars for under 5k.

DISCUSS!!!!
    Honda CBR 1000RR, Superbike Supply, Arrow, HRC, BMC, Lee's Cycle, Galfer, EBC, Revzilla, AXO, Dainese, Scorpion Helmets

Honda Grom, most fun you'll ever have on 2 wheels.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    The reason given by the organisers of my local one is insurance.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    THat is exactly what I would guess, liability concerns.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale