Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by johnnyblaze Click here to enlarge
    According to sources, a guy from Germany is going tuner to tuner selling this to them. All tuners have this ability as of Friday 2/14. Confirmed OETuning, Eurocharged, and Weistec have it.
    Maybe this guy from Germany is Ralf. Maybe he has decided to finally sell it.

Wouldn't mind doing this to the C63 of it is possible without sending the TCU to Germany.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Car sounds great.
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by charliekay Click here to enlarge
    Maybe this guy from Germany is Ralf. Maybe he has decided to finally sell it.

Wouldn't mind doing this to the C63 of it is possible without sending the TCU to Germany.
    you already have throttle blip/ rev match on c63, what would you be trying to achieve?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RNS-11Z Click here to enlarge
    you already have throttle blip/ rev match on c63, what would you be trying to achieve?
    Well unlocking the TCU will allow for better overall tuning. I use to have a ECU/TCU tune on my E55 and it made a big difference. That was with a crappy tranny compared to my C63 though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    From what I have read and heard I don't think the current throttle blip on the C63 is the same as the one that Ralf can put on. Apparently this blip is more aggressive and sounds a hell of a lot better.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    From what I have read and heard I don't think the current throttle blip on the C63 is the same as the one that Ralf can put on. Apparently this blip is more aggressive and sounds a hell of a lot better.
    In that case it would be good to have the option of getting it for the C63 but is that even possible?

I don't get why this Ralf fellow doesn't just go on the forums and advertise that he has this available. Does he hate money?

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    In that case it would be good to have the option of getting it for the C63 but is that even possible?

I don't get why this Ralf fellow doesn't just go on the forums and advertise that he has this available. Does he hate money?
    No idea, everything i have said is speculation because there are no hard facts yet.

Let's hope someone pops up somewhere to let us know what exactly is being done, where, and which cars.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by johnnyblaze Click here to enlarge
    According to sources, a guy from Germany is going tuner to tuner selling this to them. All tuners have this ability as of Friday 2/14. Confirmed OETuning, Eurocharged, and Weistec have it.
    Not sure which sources you are referring to, but this is incorrect. Ralf is not selling his product to any tuner. He is simply using their respective shops to do the work. Once Ralf leaves, the tuner does not have the ability or the equipment to perform the modification.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    This mod is only for M156 models PRE 2009. From 2009 onwards all M156 motors have the Speedshift PLUS software that rev matches downshifts so there is no need to modify it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Trust me, the blip that Ralf adds is identical to the OEM software. The only reason it sounds so much more aggressive on my car is because I have long tubes and they are almost too loud for normal driving. I would never have put them on my car if I used it as a daily driver and I'm even looking for different muffler options to change the sound (deeper) and quiet it down a bit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    Not sure which sources you are referring to, but this is incorrect. Ralf is not selling his product to any tuner. He is simply using their respective shops to do the work. Once Ralf leaves, the tuner does not have the ability or the equipment to perform the modification.
    Good info but why doesn't he just have tuners sell it?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

He has on MBW a bit but not as much as he could. Another BS owner sent me his info and I exchanged a few emails with him and contemplated sending my ECU and TCU to Germany. But when he told me he was coming to Weistec I was glad I waited and just drove down there.

There's a lot more to the story that I don't feel it's my place to share regarding the actual tuning. If @Weistec wants to comment about it, I'll leave it up to them. Either way, Ralf knows what he is doing and I would not hesitate for a second to recommend the mod to anyone thinking about having it done.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good info but why doesn't he just have tuners sell it?
    From what Steve told me, he [Weistec] doesn't have the ability to install it. Think OEM...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    are you sure? I don't believe it is unlocking the tcu though there may be efforts in trying to. It is just the throttle blip at the moment as lzh has said, which is the same as ours.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    From what Steve told me, he [Weistec] doesn't have the ability to install it. Think OEM...
    That makes sense.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This mod is only for M156 models PRE 2009. From 2009 onwards all M156 motors have the Speedshift PLUS software that rev matches downshifts so there is no need to modify it.
    Thanks for the information. Good to see some actual facts on this. I am guessing this also is the case for 2008 C63s because as far as I know there was no change in the transmission from the 2008 C63 until the MCT.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    are you sure? I don't believe it is unlocking the tcu though there may be efforts in trying to. It is just the throttle blip at the moment as lzh has said, which is the same as ours.
    I wasn't sure, just going off what I have read on the interwebs. LZH just confirmed it is the same blip as the C63s came standard with, so you were right, it is just the standard blip, no change for C63s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    More track video coming soon

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes I sent my trans from both my ML and CLK black to Ralf in Germany. They work a treat and with my exhaust setup the blip is ludicrous!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
    WOW! That really sounds glorious. Congratulations!!
    So I get neg repped for saying it sounds good? lol
    John 3:16

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So I get neg repped for saying it sounds good? lol
    I saw that as well...lots of neg reps in this thread for seemingly no reason. If you've been around this site for a while (it looks like you have), I'm sure you've seen the back and forth drama that flows from some (or most) of these AMG threads. I picked up some neg reps in a thread that was almost a year old for doing basically what you did - paying someone a compliment. Apparently some of the Benz Boys are insecure or something.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Maverick1975 Click here to enlarge
    Yes I sent my trans from both my ML and CLK black to Ralf in Germany. They work a treat and with my exhaust setup the blip is ludicrous!
    You sent the whole trans?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blitz535i Click here to enlarge
    I saw that as well...lots of neg reps in this thread for seemingly no reason. If you've been around this site for a while (it looks like you have), I'm sure you've seen the back and forth drama that flows from some (or most) of these AMG threads. I picked up some neg reps in a thread that was almost a year old for doing basically what you did - paying someone a compliment. Apparently some of the Benz Boys are insecure or something.
    It's from the same group of Middle Eastern posters as always unfortunately. Since a personal vendetta continues I think some people will simply be losing the right to use the rep system.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I figured that was the case with these haters from the middle east. Not saying all of them fall in the same category but the hate has been going on for a long ass time now. Give it a rest!!!
    John 3:16

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I figured that was the case with these haters from the middle east. Not saying all of them fall in the same category but the hate has been going on for a long ass time now. Give it a rest!!!
    Seriously...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast