Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Go to MBusa.com and build one, I don't know what else to tell you, both sedans fully loaded are the same price...
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Because there is no better option. This is the only car that offers what was stated for the price. It's a mini Panamera.
    Now we're comparing it to a Panamera? my word....I just don't understand why you like this car so much. It has it's place in a very niche market I suppose, but again, it rides like a corrolla, seriously, drive one, then go test drive a corrolla. It's straight line performance post-tune is good, sure, but you pay for it! LOL

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    Go to MBusa.com and build one, I don't know what else to tell you, both sedans fully loaded are the same price...
    Did you just not see $90k? The point is you can option anything out.

You can't buy a C63 for as CHEAP as you can buy a CLA45 AMG. You can't buy any AMG for cheaper. If you want to inflate the cost go ahead.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Now we're comparing it to a Panamera? my word....I just don't understand why you like this car so much. It has it's place in a very niche market I suppose, but again, it rides like a corrolla, seriously, drive one, then go test drive a corrolla. It's straight line performance post-tune is good, sure, but you pay for it! LOL
    I said it's a mini Panamera because it's an all wheel drive DCT turbo four door with a sloping roof design. What else would you say it resembles?

Yes, it's a niche and they are designing everything to occupy a niche. What is the X4?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Did you just not see $90k? The point is you can option anything out.

You can't buy a C63 for as CHEAP as you can buy a CLA45 AMG. You can't buy any AMG for cheaper. If you want to inflate the cost go ahead.
    LOL, did you not see it's $73k for a fully loaded C63AMG sedan? What's $90k? Black series or something? Seriously, go to the $#@!ing website and build a CLA45AMG with all the options you'd expect when you buy a Benz, then build a C63AMG to have all the same options, they are less than $2k difference, it's not rocket science man, there is no argument here.

Sure you can get the CLA45 for less, $50k is the cheapest you'll get one. And my point is, why buy a benz if it has 0 features that you'd expect from a benz? The performance is great sure, but not exceptional for the price point, is it great performance for a luxury? Absolutely, but it's not a luxury car until you load it up and then the price just makes no sense, I just don't see why you are getting so defensive about this when it is plain as day.

BTW, name another twin-turbo V6 AWD Sedan you can get for the price of SHO? Or name another V8 powered performance sedan you can get for same price as the SS....that point is moot man, every make will have uniqueness to their brand.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

I said it's a mini Panamera because it's an all wheel drive DCT turbo four door with a sloping roof design. What else would you say it resembles?

Yes, it's a niche and they are designing everything to occupy a niche. What is the X4?
    SUV? What do I win?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

LOL, did you not see it's $73k for a fully loaded C63AMG sedan? What's $90k? Black series or something? Seriously, go to the $#@!ing website and build a CLA45AMG with all the options you'd expect when you buy a Benz, then build a C63AMG to have all the same options, they are less than $2k difference, it's not rocket science man, there is no argument here.

Sure you can get the CLA45 for less, $50k is the cheapest you'll get one. And my point is, why buy a benz if it has 0 features that you'd expect from a benz? The performance is great sure, but not exceptional for the price point, is it great performance for a luxury? Absolutely, but it's not a luxury car until you load it up and then the price just makes no sense, I just don't see why you are getting so defensive about this when it is plain as day.

BTW, name another twin-turbo V6 AWD Sedan you can get for the price of SHO? Or name another V8 powered performance sedan you can get for same price as the SS....that point is moot man, every make will have uniqueness to their brand.
    W T F clearly you can option a C63 up to $90k and beyond. Does MBUSA's website rule your life or something? You only have one source of information?

How exactly is running up options the same as the MSRP of the car? If you want to option something into the stratosphere go ahead. So what?

Why buy it? Because there is no other all wheel drive turbocharged sedan for cheaper. Maybe when the A3 hits but then it will get stomped in performance. It's the cheapest AMG. It performs well. What is the problem once again?

If these cars occupy a niche good for them. Mercedes found one that works for them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

SUV? What do I win?
    Hopefully an understanding of cars relative to their place in the marketplace.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Um it runs 12.1 with just a tune.
    Nothing special, the cobalt SS ran 11.9 with tune and dp stock turbo. Oh and don't forget it's a front wheel drive car, and a manual transmission. So the CLA still has two things better with the AWD and DCT, and yet still not as good as the cobalt. Now what?

Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Nothing special, the cobalt SS ran 11.9 with tune and dp stock turbo. Oh and don't forget it's a front wheel drive car, and a manual transmission. So the CLA still has two things better with the AWD and DCT, and yet still not as good as the cobalt. Now what?

Click here to enlarge
    You guys are ridiculous. First of all, it isn't a cobalt so it wins for that alone.

Secondly, it's heavier and a luxury car. It's more expensive, more upscale, more technologically advanced, and worth every single penny over a Cobalt.

It wouldn't matter if the Cobalt ran 11.3 or 10.9 for that matter.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

You guys are ridiculous. First of all, it isn't a cobalt so it wins for that alone.

Secondly, it's heavier and a luxury car. It's more expensive, more upscale, more technologically advanced, and worth every single penny over a Cobalt.

It wouldn't matter if the Cobalt ran 11.3 or 10.9 for that matter.
    Just showing you another 2.0 liter 4 banger with same mods can do the same stuff. It's nothing special at all except the fact that it's the highest hp stock turbo 4 banger.

When you have a luxury car and slap AMG on it, it's a little different. Just like the cobalt and slapping the SS on it. It's still a cheap car, but can do sporty things just as well as the AMG. Probably much better too LOL, I'm missing my cobalt a little.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Just showing you another 2.0 liter 4 banger with same mods can do the same stuff. It's nothing special at all except the fact that it's the highest hp stock turbo 4 banger.

When you have a luxury car and slap AMG on it, it's a little different. Just like the cobalt and slapping the SS on it. It's still a cheap car, but can do sporty things just as well as the AMG. Probably much better too LOL, I'm missing my cobalt a little.
    We all know there are 2.0 liter motors that can make power. The point I'm making is it offers great four-cylinder performance and does so with all wheel drive and a dual clutch. It's the most fuel efficient AMG and the only one with all wheel drive and a DCT.

It has its niche and it's great. It helped beat BMW last year. What's the problem? People are buying it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

We all know there are 2.0 liter motors that can make power. The point I'm making is it offers great four-cylinder performance and does so with all wheel drive and a dual clutch. It's the most fuel efficient AMG and the only one with all wheel drive and a DCT.

It has its niche and it's great. It helped beat BMW last year. What's the problem? People are buying it.
    For 50k price tag...
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

For 50k price tag...
    And in the context of AMG's that's perfectly reasonable and a bargain.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

And in the context of AMG's that's perfectly reasonable and a bargain.
    I can agree with that.

BTW, whenever I get a quote from you or anyone on anyother site other than bimmerboost. I'll get a notification but no actual post to lead to in the page.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

I can agree with that.

BTW, whenever I get a quote from you or anyone on anyother site other than bimmerboost. I'll get a notification but no actual post to lead to in the page.
    What do you mean? What site are you browsing from?

The whole notification system is about to scrapped anyway. It's a giant POS.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

What do you mean? What site are you browsing from?

I always use bimmerboost site. I really like the notification system to be honest.. it gets me excited like faceboost notifications LMFAO
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

I always use bimmerboost site. I really like the notification system to be honest.. it gets me excited like faceboost notifications LMFAO
    Well yeah but I'm about to make it way more like facebook and better. Instant notifications, no refresh needed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

What is a Cobalt?
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Ha, I agree.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Well yeah but I'm about to make it way more like facebook and better. Instant notifications, no refresh needed.
    This time, I saw the notification. I went on benzboost site, and then opened the notification. It took me right to the quote, so I guess you have to be on that specific backround forum to see it. It wont route you to the benzboost quote if you're on bimmerboost it'll just show you the notification.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Group.america Click here to enlarge
    What is a Cobalt?
    LOL it's a pretty $#@!ty car I guess. I really liked it though...
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Try picking up a c63 507 edition with lsd and other options added up I've seen them go for 90K at the dealership. Your points comparing the cla45 to a corolla are a bit ridiculous and muddying up your opinions.

My brother just order a cla45 pretty much loaded for an enthusiast. Cirrus white, AMG Performance Seats with Red Cut leather(Bad ass seats), AMG Performance steering wheel, AMG Performance Exhaust, 19inch Black Multispokes, Exterior Night Package, Dash/doors in Black leather with red stitching through out, Carbon Fiber Interior trim, Red Calipers, Multimedia Package, Premium Package and idk if I'm missing anything else. We walked out with the 61K msrp on the build with no fees and thats on a loaded cars thats a true Benz/AMG with awesome seats/leather, leather stitched dash/steering wheel, wheel etc.

Throw a tune and downpipes on the car and you have a high 11 second rocket thats 3500 pounds without the pano roof and an all around beast that can handle and fly from a dig. Different strokes for different folks thats why theirs options i don't see how people don't understand this. He could have chose a f30 335 or 4 series but the interior is better on this car especially with the options, handles better, has a DCT, sounds bad ass, and the little 2.0 will run away from the n55 especially from a dig. Not your choice of car but it will be for many people no reason to $#@! on it

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

This time, I saw the notification. I went on benzboost site, and then opened the notification. It took me right to the quote, so I guess you have to be on that specific backround forum to see it. It wont route you to the benzboost quote if you're on bimmerboost it'll just show you the notification.

LOL it's a pretty $#@!ty car I guess. I really liked it though...
    Re COBALT

Any car is fine if YOU like it.... I had a Subaru Heritage in Australia and it was fookin GREAT... think of a luxury Outback sedan and that is about it... but you could destroy that car in all gears over any bump and it held together great..... My ex wife still has it 23 years after she got it
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

To be honest I think it fits in perfectly. You have an AWD car with a DCT and you can land one for around 50k.

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...e-specs-page-4

Now here are two American cars that are 4 door rwd and around the same price range. Both are naturally Aspirated V8s. Now i'm sure after some bolt ons it they both could be in the 11s. But a tune and bam 12.1. Here's the deal it doesn't matter if you're a fanboy or not. When it comes down to it. I can have two American muscle sedans with autos that are RWD for a DD or I can have an AWD with a DCT for a DD. I'm going to take the AWD for the DD. because if you've ever been to Kansas it can be 68 degrees today and 12 inches of snow tomorrow and then a tornado the next day cause its beginning to be tornado season.

Now I know, I forgot the Taurus show well base MRSP puts it right below 40k and it runs a 13.8. I might as well go get a base model 335i xdrive for 6k more and run a 13.0 flat. But if I'm doing that I might as get a Cla 45 amg with the DCT and AWD capabilities also for a few k more and have a car that is an entry level AMG that can run with SS, SRT8, 335i Xdrive and will destroy a SHO.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...ed-test-review
    http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...ve_first_test/
    http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...ic-test-review

This is a four door car and as a family man I want something I can take the whole family out to dinner in, run errands and just enjoy the holy living hell with. Any of these cars would be an awesome fit (except the show IMO). But DCT and AWD it's kinda hard to not pass up in that price range.

oh and to add insult to injury here is the 2015 Subaru wrx specs

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...al-test-review

for 10k less, I have awd manual that is faster than a sho Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Group.america Click here to enlarge
    Re COBALT

Any car is fine if YOU like it.... I had a Subaru Heritage in Australia and it was fookin GREAT... think of a luxury Outback sedan and that is about it... but you could destroy that car in all gears over any bump and it held together great..... My ex wife still has it 23 years after she got it

I honestly got it because of performance, I could care less about heaated seats etc. It did the job without any hesitation, I would do it all over again if had another one. I know exactly how to make that car a monster.
    Burger Motorsports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast