Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

CLA in ten worst cars of 2013?

Yep, it is one of the worst cars of 2013. @TT C6 Hahahaha

http://autos.aol.com/gallery/consume...!slide=2125657

"2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class Sticker Price: $29,900 - $47,450
    Invoice Price: $27,807 - $44,129
    Fuel Economy: 26 mpg city, 38 mpg highway

Though the prospect of getting a Mercedes for under $30,000 may be very tempting, Consumer Reports says you should hold off on getting the CLA-Class. It's attractive and fuel efficient, but driving dynamics aren't great and it's next to impossible to find one for the $29,900 sticker price we've seen on all of those advertisements."
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

So they don't like the price... not the car per se

"Cheap ass idiots"
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Consumer Reports is worthless, they look at cars like appliances. Meaning everyone should be driving a Prius.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Anyone who buys the CLA over a G37 for the same money, or less, is making a mistake.

There should have just been ONE version of the CLA, and it should have been the CLA45.
    The CLA45 makes sense for $30k, but $50k is a joke.
    The S4 is a much better buy for $50k.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

I dunno, have you guys been in a CLA in person yet? They're honestly nothing to write home about. Sure, the motor is showing some real potential, but so is the BMW N20 and just about every other OEM turbo motor coming to market. For the most part the CLA is a $40,000 car, unless you opt to not get the Premium package (which is pretty basic just like BMW you won't find a car on the lot without it), Navigation, sports package, panoramic, I mean you have to go BARE BONES just to get into low 30's which is competitive with Ford, GM, Acura, Infiniti, what they're saying is there are better choices for the price, which I totally agree.
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TT C6 Click here to enlarge
    Anyone who buys the CLA over a G37 for the same money, or less, is making a mistake.

There should have just been ONE version of the CLA, and it should have been the CLA45.
    I agree with you, it should have been an option to get MB performance for a competitive price to say a Premium 5.0 GT, or Camaro 2SS, so maybe a $34,500 starting price, and then options to get you to the $45,000 price tag if you want premium intior, panoramic roof, navigation, etc. It would compete with STI's, GT's, Camaro's, 1 or 2 series BMW, man, it could have been great. I'm sure sales will be fine though, people will pay for the name even though it's not any better than a fully loaded corrolla.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    I'm sure sales will be fine though, people will pay for the name even though it's not any better than a fully loaded corrolla.
    There is a sucker born every day.......we aren't one them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

I dunno, have you guys been in a CLA in person yet? They're honestly nothing to write home about.
    I see two everyday. Our neighbors at the warehouse have 2 CLA250 One bone stock base for the mother, the other full AMG kit for the son. Meh
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

A Renntech tune for the CLA-45 gets you an AWD 2 litre burner that can go 0-60 in 3.5s.... not bad

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Group.america Click here to enlarge
    A Renntech tune for the CLA-45 gets you an AWD 2 litre burner that can go 0-60 in 3.5s.... not bad
    Not bad....but for $50k? Before tax, tag, and title; mind you that's SUPER basic, which again, you won't find on a lot...a fully loaded CLA45AMG is $73,310 (well fully loaded minus a car seat and iphone adapter deal) You can get a well equipped //M3 for that, damn near fully loaded //M3 LOL. Or a CTS-V...or a C7 stingray...FULLY LOADED...LOL it's pretty laughable....I don't know that I'll ever buy a MB or Porsche purely based on the ass-raping you take on price. I mean some MB's are worth it...but this one is not

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

To be honest, I can care less what happens before 60. I'm not surprised that an AWD car can do that.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Not bad....but for $50k? Before tax, tag, and title; mind you that's SUPER basic, which again, you won't find on a lot...a fully loaded CLA45AMG is $73,310 (well fully loaded minus a car seat and iphone adapter deal) You can get a well equipped //M3 for that, damn near fully loaded //M3 LOL. Or a CTS-V...or a C7 stingray...FULLY LOADED...LOL it's pretty laughable....I don't know that I'll ever buy a MB or Porsche purely based on the ass-raping you take on price. I mean some MB's are worth it...but this one is not

I priced a CLA45 AMG with the performance stuff and with the Renntech tune you are looking $60k... I wasn't saying I would buy one but there are quite a few on the road near me already and I guarantee you a lot of wannabes (want that BADGE) will buy the base 250... the same wannabes who pay $4400 for a basic Chanel clutch.. some of whom borrow the money for said purchase.......... Mercedes benz is on a winner sales wise.. just watch all the young blondes driving them in the next year... the same women who wouldnt be seen dead in an Infiniti or Lexus or Ford etc..

Luxury branding is king now... quality is a tertiary consideration for many

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

I agree with everyone but lets face it... sales are great as per

http://www.fool.com/investing/genera...profits-f.aspx

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

There should be one version of the CLA? That's about the dumbest thing anyone has said about the car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

I dunno, have you guys been in a CLA in person yet? They're honestly nothing to write home about. Sure, the motor is showing some real potential, but so is the BMW N20 and just about every other OEM turbo motor coming to market. For the most part the CLA is a $40,000 car, unless you opt to not get the Premium package (which is pretty basic just like BMW you won't find a car on the lot without it), Navigation, sports package, panoramic, I mean you have to go BARE BONES just to get into low 30's which is competitive with Ford, GM, Acura, Infiniti, what they're saying is there are better choices for the price, which I totally agree.
    That's a great price for a four-door Mercedes with a turbo motor.

What GM, Acura, Ford, or Infiniti product would anyone prefer over this car for $35k? I can't think of one.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

I agree with you, it should have been an option to get MB performance for a competitive price to say a Premium 5.0 GT, or Camaro 2SS, so maybe a $34,500 starting price, and then options to get you to the $45,000 price tag if you want premium intior, panoramic roof, navigation, etc. It would compete with STI's, GT's, Camaro's, 1 or 2 series BMW, man, it could have been great. I'm sure sales will be fine though, people will pay for the name even though it's not any better than a fully loaded corrolla.
    It's not supposed to be a Mercedes badge for STI budget. If you want STI performance AND Mercedes design and an AMG motor then pay the premium.

Since when is a Benz and a Camaro cross shopped?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

I agree with everyone but lets face it... sales are great as per

http://www.fool.com/investing/genera...profits-f.aspx
    They took the sales crown and the CLA is leading the charge. If some of these forum 'experts' were running Mercedes everything would be a 12 liter quad turbo $150k all wheel drive DCT car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

I said this when it first came out... The front of the car looks great, the rear looks like it melted....I just hate the profile of the CLA. I don't think it deserves a bad rating, besides the styling, I like the cars performance
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    They took the sales crown and the CLA is leading the charge. If some of these forum 'experts' were running Mercedes everything would be a 12 liter quad turbo $150k all wheel drive DCT car.
    No one, including myself denied their sales success, I totally see it from MB's perspective, but as a consumer...the car is not a winner.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Sure the CLA45 fully optioned is ridiculous, but who in their right mind would do something like that.

Just like the new M4 is over $90k fully optioned. That car is not worth anywhere near that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlackJetE90OC Click here to enlarge
    Sure the CLA45 fully optioned is ridiculous, but who in their right mind would do something like that.

Just like the new M4 is over $90k fully optioned. That car is not worth anywhere near that.
    Just like you can option a Boxster to $100k.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Just like you can option a Boxster to $100k.
    Exactly that argument can be said for all luxury makes. Comparing fully optioned prices to normal prices never works. Fact is a CLA45 well optioned in the mid $50k range, is nice option for many buyers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

That's a great price for a four-door Mercedes with a turbo motor.

What GM, Acura, Ford, or Infiniti product would anyone prefer over this car for $35k? I can't think of one.
    Seriously? Chevy SS, Taurus SHO, Infiniti G37X, Acura TSX, Hell a BMW 335i is a step up even in MB's eyes and you can maybe hit $60k 100% optioned out....Acura is probably not the best example, but it is a luxury car that competes price wise, just not on the performance end. How about a Lexus IS too? Honestly I agree with consumer reports, there just isn't much reason to buy the car unless you just want the name. What does it have that these others don't?

LOL at saying it's a "turbo'd" luxury car, ok...turbo big $#@!ing deal, it's also only 4 cylinders...are you of all people going to add a bunch of value to a car because it has a turbo? That's laughable

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlackJetE90OC Click here to enlarge
    Exactly that argument can be said for all luxury makes. Comparing fully optioned prices to normal prices never works. Fact is a CLA45 well optioned in the mid $50k range, is nice option for many buyers.
    It's honestly not that well optioned until the $60k mark. Have you actually gone to mbusa.com and built one? You hit $50k before finishing adding items that are standard on just about every other model they make. I've driven a new corrolla and a new CLA, honestly not a big difference, a bit more feel in the steering, obviously more acceleration, but that's it.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Seriously? Chevy SS, Taurus SHO, Infiniti G37X, Acura TSX
    And which of these offers all wheel drive with a dual clutch transmission and a turbo powerplant? Seriously?

LOL at saying it's a "turbo'd" luxury car, ok...turbo big $#@!ing deal, it's also only 4 cylinders...
    Um it runs 12.1 with just a tune.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast