Close

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    1,454
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

    dodger63 at Pocono (Vid)

    Mike's first trip to Pocono to race with 34 other exotic cars (Gallardos, 911 TTs, etc). Mike's car hit 170+ which was 5th fastest among the group, here's a vid showing him learning the track. It was his first high speed oval so cut him some slack letting the more experienced drivers pass Click here to enlarge


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,478
    Rep Points
    32,154.9
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Looks to me like he was doing fine, I doubt anyone else on here would have done better. He let the faster driver by and that is fine, proper etiquette.

    That looks like a ton of fun.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    470
    Rep Points
    487.9
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    looks like lot of fun, cant wait till next time when i join him.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,478
    Rep Points
    32,154.9
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Are special tires needed for running an oval?

    I have never run an oval before and I'm thinking that extended periods at high speeds are going to require some special rubber. It looks like a ton of tun, I want to try it.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    1,454
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Are special tires needed for running an oval?

    I have never run an oval before and I'm thinking that extended periods at high speeds are going to require some special rubber. It looks like a ton of tun, I want to try it.
    I believe he was using his "regular" street tires. I'm actually not sure what he runs...

    You're right, going 170+ for extended periods would make me think twice about the meats I chose for my car. Michelin makes CUP sport slicks in 235/40/18 and 265/35/18 but a lot of guys that OT run Toyo R888 245/40/18, 275/35/18s.

    I think that would be a BLAST to do too, I asked him to tell me when the next event was.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,478
    Rep Points
    32,154.9
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
    I believe he was using his "regular" street tires. I'm actually not sure what he runs...
    We need to ask as it seems he was hitting some high speeds.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
    You're right, going 170+ for extended periods would make me think twice about the meats I chose for my car. Michelin makes CUP sport slicks in 235/40/18 and 265/35/18 but a lot of guys that OT run Toyo R888 245/40/18, 275/35/18s.
    This makes sense, one of the R compound enthusiast tires like the R888 or Cup Sport would probably have the compound and speed rating to handle this.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    1,454
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    245/40/18 front and 275/35/18 rear Continental Extremes.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,478
    Rep Points
    32,154.9
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
    245/40/18 front and 275/35/18 rear Continental Extremes.
    Thanks.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •