Close

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Thumbs down Police Brutality / Cops Suck Thread

we have some good stuff on a more specific thread so just dump the rest here

I'll start with this one

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Taxpayers Foot The Bill For Nearly $1Billion In Payouts Over NYC Police Abuse

Ridiculous:

Taxpayers are subsidizing police brutality by the NYC Police to the tune of nearly $1 billion dollars over the past decade.

The Associated Press reports:
    The fiancee and friends of an unarmed man killed in a 50-bullet police shooting on his wedding day said they wanted justice. The legal system gave them money more than $7 million.

The city did what it has done time and time again: pay.

Nearly $1 billion has been paid over the past decade to resolve claims against the nation's largest police department, according to an investigation by The Associated Press. The total spending outstrips that of other U.S. cities, though some smaller cities and departments also shell out tens of millions of dollars a year in payouts.

Taxpayers foot the bill New York officials say the payments cost less than insurance would, and officers themselves don't usually bear personal responsibility.

The $964 million in payouts covers everything from brutality cases to patrol-car wrecks to stationhouse accidents, and it includes settlements and trial awards. Some police officers have been sued again and again including one officer at least seven times on excessive force and brutality claims. Some law firms have made it their primary business to sue the city.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Seattle Police Chief angry details about this officer shooting a guy got out:

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Police Brutality: Cop Shoots, Kills Unarmed Man & His Dog

Click here to enlarge

Cop entered home and said, "I don't need no warrant $#@!." Great, just great.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Police Brutality ITT

This is a serious issue, folks. The very people we pay (through taxes of course) to protect us are abusing their power to do so...and there's nothing that we can do amidst the acts of unjustifiable violence committed by police on citizens to stop them.

Watch here: http://jalopnik.com/5725499/watch-a-...him-to-shut-up

Does anyone know of a situation where a citizen was acquitted or not charged for self-defense on a police officer using unjustifiable force?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Was just thinking of posting in this thread, saw this earlier (can't embed vid) Ohio Police Taser And Dislocate Elbow Of Diabetic Man: http://www.motorauthority.com/blog/1...f-diabetic-man

Just insane how prevalent this is becoming. Can't the argument be made we are becoming a police state with cops killing, beating, and assaulting civilians at will? They are supposed to work for us, not the other way around.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Ever since Rodney King, cops think they can just beat a $#@!.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yomama69 Click here to enlarge
    Ever since Rodney King, cops think they can just beat a $#@!.
    We should have the right to fight back, aren't we allowed to defend ourselves? Just because some abusive punk gets a shiny a piece of metal he thinks he can do whatever he wants? If you don't let them just rape your rights and stand up for yourself they get to claim you were endangering them as justification or worse say you assaulted them and the penalty for that is far greater than what they get for assaulting you. Does this make sense to you?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    We should have the right to fight back, aren't we allowed to defend ourselves? Just because some abusive punk gets a shiny a piece of metal he thinks he can do whatever he wants? If you don't let them just rape your rights and stand up for yourself they get to claim you were endangering them as justification or worse say you assaulted them and the penalty for that is far greater than what they get for assaulting you. Does this make sense to you?
    Of course it makes no sense to me and I don't agree with it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Of course it makes no sense to me and I don't agree with it.
    Ok, so what do we do about it?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Ok, so what do we do about it?
    Someone is going to have to be the guinea pig so to speak. Until someone is acquitted in a highly publicized trial for self-defense, it's going to remain the same...possibly even get worse.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Someone is going to have to be the guinea pig so to speak. Until someone is acquitted in a highly publicized trial for self-defense, it's going to remain the same...possibly even get worse.
    Great, so we need another riot?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Great, so we need another riot?
    No skin off my back. I don't live in L.A.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

No skin off my back. I don't live in L.A.
    I was hoping it would be a different city this time. Maybe something in the South?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

This is a serious issue, folks. The very people we pay (through taxes of course) to protect us are abusing their power to do so...and there's nothing that we can do amidst the acts of unjustifiable violence committed by police on citizens to stop them.

Watch here: http://jalopnik.com/5725499/watch-a-...him-to-shut-up

Does anyone know of a situation where a citizen was acquitted or not charged for self-defense on a police officer using unjustifiable force?

if its real, im furious, but it doesnt look real.. the cop doesnt have anything on his chest/shirt indicating he is a sworn police officer, the bystanders arent reacting as they should, he doesnt call for back up, and doesnt put the guy in a police car..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    if its real, im furious, but it doesnt look real.. the cop doesnt have anything on his chest/shirt indicating he is a sworn police officer, the bystanders arent reacting as they should, he doesnt call for back up, and doesnt put the guy in a police car..
    It's real.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Read the jalopnik page. It's real. The St. Louis police won't even comment on their blog and lock the thread where the video was posted.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Read the jalopnik page. It's real. The St. Louis police won't even comment on their blog and lock the thread where the video was posted.
    ill read it now, but im still skeptical. STL is no place to $#@! around, and i would think cops are a bit more on their game than that. anything from the local news or papers beside jalopnik?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

ill read it now, but im still skeptical. STL is no place to $#@! around, and i would think cops are a bit more on their game than that. anything from the local news or papers beside jalopnik?
    http://www.kspr.com/sns-ap-mo--polic...,1860426.story

http://www.fox2now.com/news/ktvi-st-...,6032893.story

You should be furious.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

oh ok, i just read it, now it does make sense.. guess what, id be beating that off duty cops ass, and suing the gas station, and him, and the police station for not taking action prior to this allowing it to happen..

actually, i believe that would be considered assault with a deadly weapon..off duty or not, he cant just carry that around and use it when he feels like it.. oh yea, kids gonna be rich now..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

oh ok, i just read it, now it does make sense.. guess what, id be beating that off duty cops ass, and suing the gas station, and him, and the police station for not taking action prior to this allowing it to happen..

actually, i believe that would be considered assault with a dealy weapon.. oh yea, kids gonna be rich now..
    Well glad to hear you would not just stand idly by. I think you could get away with fighting the cop off though, the rest of us would get shot or put away in jail for a long, long time.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

If you want to fight off a cop, you better be sure you're in a liberal $#@!ing jurisdiction or your ass is going to prison.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

oh i would too.. i dont agree with the kids actions that lead to this. but an off duty cop, is not an on duty cop, and as such, he wouldnt get away with even pulling me out of my car. if im in my car, then i would be attempting to leave and not causing the ruccous that they are trying to say he did, therefore, the offduty cop put me in that situation, and its his own fault for getting an ass whoopin, and then taken to court, id want $$ and id want him relieved from duty permanently,

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

If you want to fight off a cop, you better be sure you're in a liberal $#@!ing jurisdiction or your ass is going to prison.

Like NYC. Hence the reason 1 billion over 10 years in pay outs. I have alot of friends and family in NYPD. 1 at the moment 1 is going to court because some criminal while being arrested reached for my friends gun, and got knocked out. Now the low-life is taking it to court to make a quick buck.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=52f_1302913840

Police detain a witness who filmed an arrest and confiscate his cell phone. All in his own home!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast