Close

Page 30 of 56 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
Results 726 to 750 of 1393
  1. #726
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    London and USA
    Posts
    2,061
    Rep Points
    1,444.9
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Wine shop closed, so no Mollydooker Maitre'D tonight, having JL Vergnon Champagne and a Brut Louis Roederer Champagne
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive


    Click here to enlarge



  2. #727
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,709.2
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Bubbles always make for a good day.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  3. #728
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    London and USA
    Posts
    2,061
    Rep Points
    1,444.9
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Wasn't feeling great so gave it all a miss..... tonight I am trying a 2009 Mollydooker "Carnival of Love" Shiraz/Syrah

    It has a Stelvins screw cap........... interesting

    Click here to enlarge
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive


    Click here to enlarge



  4. #729
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,709.2
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Group.america Click here to enlarge
    Wasn't feeling great so gave it all a miss..... tonight I am trying a 2009 Mollydooker "Carnival of Love" Shiraz/Syrah

    It has a Stelvins screw cap........... interesting

    Click here to enlarge
    That's a flat out amazing wine.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  5. #730
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    London and USA
    Posts
    2,061
    Rep Points
    1,444.9
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    That's a flat out amazing wine.

    MD = Bloody good, like a 2000 Rockford but.................

    we made the mistake of trying a 2011 Orin Swift "Prisoner"... what a pile of gob-$#@!e 79/100............. worst wine of 2013/14 and at $42 a POP it sucks

    Click here to enlarge
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive


    Click here to enlarge



  6. #731
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,709.2
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Group.america Click here to enlarge
    MD = Bloody good, like a 2000 Rockford but.................

    we made the mistake of trying a 2011 Orin Swift "Prisoner"... what a pile of gob-$#@!e 79/100............. worst wine of 2013/14 and at $42 a POP it sucks

    Click here to enlarge
    I think the reason you don't like the Prisoner is because it's not a blend you're used to. It's a very different blend to put it mildly and up against a Carnival of Love it won't stand a chance.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  7. #732
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    London and USA
    Posts
    2,061
    Rep Points
    1,444.9
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I think the reason you don't like the Prisoner is because it's not a blend you're used to. It's a very different blend to put it mildly and up against a Carnival of Love it won't stand a chance.

    The older vintages of The Prisoner are great/good, this one is CRAP, weak, insipid....... as a blend I strongly prefer the BV Beau Rouge at $23 a pop

    The Carnival of Love is very good, still think the 2004 "Stella's Garden" is better at $44... versus $70 for Carnival

    Tonight we are trying a few drops with my mates while we watch the UEFA CL

    2010 Maitre'D - heavy wine.... not refined but retty good for $23 a pop and an old rare South Aussie made by a girl's brother I went to school with .............. 2002 Glaymond Landrace Shiraz/Mataro which Parker rated a 97/100 (he is clearly on drugs but we will see) at $44 a pop
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive


    Click here to enlarge



  8. #733
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,709.2
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    $44 dollar a pop an 97 points? No way.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  9. #734
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    London and USA
    Posts
    2,061
    Rep Points
    1,444.9
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    $44 dollar a pop an 97 points? No way.

    Tanzer gave the Glaymond Landrace a 91/100, Parker a 96/100 (sorry about my earlier report). it is a big ass wine like you would find from Mollydooker or Rockford.... a little more gamey and refined than the MD Carnival of Love.. am decanting for 5 hours
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive


    Click here to enlarge



  10. #735
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,709.2
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Group.america Click here to enlarge
    Tanzer gave the Glaymond Landrace a 91/100, Parker a 96/100 (sorry about my earlier report). it is a big ass wine like you would find from Mollydooker or Rockford.... a little more gamey and refined than the MD Carnival of Love.. am decanting for 5 hours
    I always go with Tanzer.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  11. #736
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    London and USA
    Posts
    2,061
    Rep Points
    1,444.9
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I always go with Tanzer.
    After a few early sips it is average, unsual wine... dirty, meaty, heady.... a bit okay but the $23 MD Cabernet wins the day
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive


    Click here to enlarge



  12. #737
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    27
    Rep Points
    93.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Went to a tasting for Oregon pinots tonight at Hi-Times, a local wine store. Of the tastings, the '12 Elk Cove Pinot Noir Willamette Valley was my pick of the night.

    Also picked up some stuff to experiment with.

    1. Washington Cab; '10 Seven Hills Winery, Seven Hills Vineyard (Walla Walla)
    2. Burgandy; Domaine Pavelot Savigny-les-Beaune 1er Cru Les Peuillets

    Was planning on picking up a couple more MD Boxers, but they were all out. Didn't want to "settle" for Two Left Feet.
    JB Stage 2 ISO, BMW Performance Exhaust, M3 front control arms, RPI scoops, CDV delete

  13. #738
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,709.2
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jdub679 Click here to enlarge
    Went to a tasting for Oregon pinots tonight at Hi-Times, a local wine store. Of the tastings, the '12 Elk Cove Pinot Noir Willamette Valley was my pick of the night.

    Also picked up some stuff to experiment with.

    1. Washington Cab; '10 Seven Hills Winery, Seven Hills Vineyard (Walla Walla)
    2. Burgandy; Domaine Pavelot Savigny-les-Beaune 1er Cru Les Peuillets

    Was planning on picking up a couple more MD Boxers, but they were all out. Didn't want to "settle" for Two Left Feet.
    The Hi-Times in Newport Beach?

    Oregon has some amazing Pinot and the region is getting more and more recognition. Not the value it once was but definitely worth exploring.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  14. #739
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    27
    Rep Points
    93.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The Hi-Times in Newport Beach?

    Oregon has some amazing Pinot and the region is getting more and more recognition. Not the value it once was but definitely worth exploring.
    Yup, that's the one. My first time there. It was impressive, for a wine mega-store.

    Yea, that's why I went. Been hearing lots of buzz about Oregon pinots and wanted something to compare against the pinots I picked up in Santa Barbara. That's kinda why I picked up the Burgandy too, to compare against my Cali/SB pinots.
    JB Stage 2 ISO, BMW Performance Exhaust, M3 front control arms, RPI scoops, CDV delete

  15. #740
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,709.2
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Out of the three regions you mentions, I'll take the SB Pinots.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  16. #741
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    27
    Rep Points
    93.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Out of the three regions you mentions, I'll take the SB Pinots.
    Between the two, so far SB pinots takes the cake over Oregon. I like that big, fruit forward wine that Cali (in general) seems to be known for. Oregon seems a little more reserved, more earthy/vegetal. The one Oregon pinot I liked tonight reminded me of a Cali cab, dark fruits and more body (but not big by any means). Whether that's a compliment to the pinot or not, I don't really know.
    JB Stage 2 ISO, BMW Performance Exhaust, M3 front control arms, RPI scoops, CDV delete

  17. #742
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,709.2
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jdub679 Click here to enlarge
    Between the two, so far SB pinots takes the cake over Oregon. I like that big, fruit forward wine that Cali (in general) seems to be known for. Oregon seems a little more reserved, more earthy/vegetal. The one Oregon pinot I liked tonight reminded me of a Cali cab, dark fruits and more body (but not big by any means). Whether that's a compliment to the pinot or not, I don't really know.
    You nailed it man.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  18. #743
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    London and USA
    Posts
    2,061
    Rep Points
    1,444.9
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    How is the 7 Hills.... I generally like WASH Cabernets but they are hard to find over here
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive


    Click here to enlarge



  19. #744
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,709.2
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Group.america Click here to enlarge
    How is the 7 Hills.... I generally like WASH Cabernets but they are hard to find over here
    IMO not worth the money even though it is said to be a good value.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  20. #745
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    27
    Rep Points
    93.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Group.america Click here to enlarge
    How is the 7 Hills.... I generally like WASH Cabernets but they are hard to find over here
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    IMO not worth the money even though it is said to be a good value.


    Haven't opened it yet. But at about $34, I suppose my expectations are that it should match up with middle of the road California cabs that are usually around $50.
    Last edited by jdub679; 03-14-2014 at 06:47 PM.
    JB Stage 2 ISO, BMW Performance Exhaust, M3 front control arms, RPI scoops, CDV delete

  21. #746
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    27
    Rep Points
    93.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Planning on doing a side by side tasting of a SB Pinot and a French Burgandy tomorrow night. Should be an interesting old/new world comparison. I think both are ~90ish points, so hopefully I selected wines that are evenly matched.

    '10 Ampelos Lambda
    '11 Domaine Pavelot Savigny-les-Beaune 1er Cru Les Peuillets
    JB Stage 2 ISO, BMW Performance Exhaust, M3 front control arms, RPI scoops, CDV delete

  22. #747
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,709.2
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jdub679 Click here to enlarge
    Planning on doing a side by side tasting of a SB Pinot and a French Burgandy tomorrow night. Should be an interesting old/new world comparison.
    That will be fun! I have a feeling you will prefer new world style.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  23. #748
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    27
    Rep Points
    93.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    That will be fun! I have a feeling you will prefer new world style.
    I think this as well, so I'm gonna try to do it as "blind" as possible by brown bagging both. I've never had a Burgandy before, so I don't really know what I'm in for.
    JB Stage 2 ISO, BMW Performance Exhaust, M3 front control arms, RPI scoops, CDV delete

  24. #749
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,267
    Rep Points
    32,709.2
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jdub679 Click here to enlarge
    I think this as well, so I'm gonna try to do it as "blind" as possible by brown bagging both. I've never had a Burgandy before, so I don't really know what I'm in for.
    You'll know it immediately. At least you should...
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  25. #750
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    27
    Rep Points
    93.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You'll know it immediately. At least you should...
    I'll be looking for more minerality/earth and maybe a lower alcohol with the Burg. Brighter up front red fruits with the Pinot.
    JB Stage 2 ISO, BMW Performance Exhaust, M3 front control arms, RPI scoops, CDV delete

Page 30 of 56 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •