Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Need help with laptop; brightness won't go up?

I have a current model Lenovo laptop with windows 8. Earlier today when I went to turn up the brightness, I clicked the brightness up button and it immediately lowered the brightness to what looks like minimum. Now the computer shows that brightness is up all the way but it is clearly very low. I can only think of a couple issues.

1) Software; for some reason something's just not communicating, any ideas besides restarting to fix this? (restarting didn't work)

2) Some of the LED's went out on the screen. The screen is perfectly evenly lit, so not sure how they are designed, but is it possible part of the screen just went out? Would seem odd after only about 6 months, maybe less.
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Go into your BIOS and try to adjust the brightness and see what happens. You do this by pressing a key rapidly at boot, usually delete, escape, or f8.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's software. My Alienware does this sometimes too. A reboot usually fixes it but you may want to update your drivers as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It's software. My Alienware does this sometimes too. A reboot usually fixes it but you may want to update your drivers as well.
    Had to revert drivers. I found a video on it to help others in case they have same problem. I went through some other fix adjusting the power settings but didn't work. It's a driver issue, latest graphix driver doesn't work with dim setting on windows 8.1

2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge