Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

American student finds GPS tracker stuck to car

American student finds GPS tracker stuck to car, FBI shows up to reclaim its 'federal property'

Click here to enlarge

Mechanics spot strange things stuck under cars all the time, but when 20-year-old Yasir Afifi's ride was put up on lifts his shop found something that hadn't been kicked up from the road: a cylindrical tube connected to a device with an antenna. An extremely paranoid person would think they'd found a bomb, but the truth isn't much better. It was an FBI tracking device. Afifi posted pictures and his story on Reddit while a friend contemplated cunning things to do with it, sticking it to someone else's car or selling it on Craigslist. They didn't have long to ponder long before two "sneaky-looking" people were spotted outside his apartment. Afifi got in his car and drove off, only to be pulled over by FBI agents who demanded the device back, threatening "We're going to make this much more difficult for you if you don't cooperate."

Now, we've already given our opinions on using GPS technology like this and, while it's unknown whether these agents had a warrant to place this device, the 9th US Court of Appeals recently made one unnecessary for this sort of thing. The ACLU is working with Afifi to fight that ruling, and for now we're hoping that he, who is an American with an Egyptian father, is currently able to hit the town without agents following his every move. However, at this point they may not need a tracker: one agent who retrieved the device took the time to list off his favorite restaurants and even congratulated him on his new job.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    "much more difficult if you don't cooperate." Well, glad to know they can just do whatever they want.

The whole thing is just creepy.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

i would call the bomb squad if i ever found something like that anywhere near me

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    This kinda crap makes me hate myself, because i fight for the same government that I loathe..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    i recently made a presentation about GPS versus Privacy. this hits on a few numbers. they build profiles and everything, track patterns, track you by your cell-phone even, they can see which new "cell" you move to, and get direction. maybe Orwell and his book 1984 were on to something Click here to enlarge not to mention it's such a grey area that law enforcement sometimes doesn't need a warrant like you said. what happened to the 4th amendment! i guess by a utilitarian approach, the gov't sees it as more good than harm.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    This kinda crap makes me hate myself, because i fight for the same government that I loathe..
    So you finally said it... You self loathing $#@!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The GPS device is manufactured by a Cogham plc, a British producer of military technologies. Over 60% of the company’s revenue comes from the U.S.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FR305 Click here to enlarge
    So you finally said it... You self loathing $#@!

lol. because i believe in the constitution and not what this government, especially the commie democrats are trying to do..

remember, i took an oathe to defend against ALL ENEMIES- Foriegn AND DOMESTIC.. $#@! like this is whats bringing the revolution.. and guess what. those of us that know how to fight, arent Dems.. goodluck Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    i recently made a presentation about GPS versus Privacy. this hits on a few numbers. they build profiles and everything, track patterns, track you by your cell-phone even, they can see which new "cell" you move to, and get direction. maybe Orwell and his book 1984 were on to something Click here to enlarge not to mention it's such a grey area that law enforcement sometimes doesn't need a warrant like you said. what happened to the 4th amendment! i guess by a utilitarian approach, the gov't sees it as more good than harm.
    And on top of all this they want to add a national ID system? Some going as far to ask for it to be something implanted? Holy $#@!, what have we become?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GT3 Click here to enlarge
    The GPS device is manufactured by a Cogham plc, a British producer of military technologies. Over 60% of the company’s revenue comes from the U.S.
    Great business.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Im pretty sure Reagon addressed all this is one of his speeches. something about medical aid was the doorway they were looking for and the rest was easy.. i saw it on youtube, but with so many speeches i dont recall..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    lol. because i believe in the constitution and not what this government, especially the commie democrats are trying to do..

remember, i took an oathe to defend against ALL ENEMIES- Foriegn AND DOMESTIC.. $#@! like this is whats bringing the revolution.. and guess what. those of us that know how to fight, arent Dems.. goodluck Click here to enlarge
    LOL what an idiot.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

even Demotards should respect the R

he was the best president in MY lifetime.

he gave the greatest speeches, he lead the military like a true soldier.

1. President Reagan’s economic policies stimulated the economy, creating 17 million new jobs. One-fourth of the new jobs were created in 68 consecutive months. Black unemployment was cut in half.

2. We were given incentives to save our money, to work, and to invest because of Reagan’s tax reforms.

3. The inflation rate decreased to less than 4.4%. Family income rose 12%.

4. We are now experiencing the longest and strongest peacetime prosperity in the history of the nation.

5. We are experiencing the best peacetime relationship with the Soviet Union in our history. We have also seen the withdrawal of Soviet troops from Afghanistan.

6. We are now keeping the peace. We drew the line in Grenada, Libya, Afghanistan, and the Persian Gulf, and no countries have fallen to communism during the Reagan era.

7. The U.S. military was refurbished and strengthened.

8. There is now a call for prayer in schools. The Republican adminstration has been lobbying to give this deserved religious freedom.

9. We have seen a return to traditional values. Under Reagan, we have seen a cut in federal funding of abortions; emphasis on a strong family unit; and the development of family-oriented public policy.

10. Educational leaders are now working to sustain moral values and reestablish a clear understanding of right and wrong. The need for values in the curriculum has been trumpeted by the Reagan administration.

11. People from other nations are flocking to America to follow our example. Our principles of civil and economic freedom are now being copied all over the world.

America Just Prior to the Reagan Administration

1. Seven million Americans were unemployed.

2. We were told to live on less, to buckle our belts and to prepare for scarcity.

3. Americans went through two of the worst years of inflation in 60 years. There was a 13% inflation rate. Family income dropped and we had the highest tax bill in our history.

4. We were on the verge of a major recession.

5. With our cold wars during the ’70s, we inspired our enemies not to be afraid of us. The Soviets refused to come to the bargaining table. Cultural exchanges between the U.S. and the U.S.S.R. came to a halt.

6. Disarmament was considered a noble goal. We did not know where to draw the line in our negotiations with the Soviets. Three countries fell to communism under the Carter administration: Benin (1977), Nicaragua (1979), and Zimbabwe (1980).

7. Guns and tanks that did not even work were being sent to battle.

8. Young Americans were not allowed to pray in school … even though Congress, every state house, and the Supreme Court begins business with prayer.

9. Progressive values became fashionable. Social policies emulated the values of a small, vocal minority.

10. Education did not sustain moral values. Educational curricula began to promote “alternative lifesyles,” such as homosexuality.

11. America wore a “kick me” sign on its back. We lost our edge in technology and in global markets due to excessive government regulation, and high taxes which devoured capital.

neg rep me all day if u want just have the Oballsma to back that up

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    I said it once and I'll say it again...Reagan was the $#@!.

This Obama dude is just $#@!ing things up left and right....I hope it doesnt go down the drain so bad that we cant recover. Especially with Armeninjihad turban terrorist $#@!er calling himself the prophet that is going to bring the calling of the end of time.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    lol damn ...... thx god im not american.................................
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by greatest335i Click here to enlarge
    lol damn ...... thx god im not american.................................
    What are you and where do you live?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What are you and where do you live?
    im..... not an american... and i live in houston.....
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    didnt reagan give weapons to iran?

nice copy and paste e92

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    I said it once and I'll say it again...Reagan was the $#@!.

This Obama dude is just $#@!ing things up left and right....I hope it doesnt go down the drain so bad that we cant recover. Especially with Armeninjihad turban terrorist $#@!er calling himself the prophet that is going to bring the calling of the end of time.
    yeah obama is $#@!ing everything up. :rolleyes.... politicians from both sides are $#@!ing $#@! up. Congress cant get anything done with the republicans and democrats trying to play party politics.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shahsk Click here to enlarge

nice copy and paste e92
    no $#@!, Sherlock. C&P something better.

u were $#@!ting Similac when Bush Sr. was Pres.

you have no say.

you are a demotard baby

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by e92 Click here to enlarge
    no $#@!, Sherlock. C&P something better.

u were $#@!ting Similac when Bush Sr. was Pres.

you have no say.

you are a demotard baby
    did i ever say i was a democrat? wtf does my age got to do with this? i am 20, i can vote. i do have a say.

wow, just bc i dont agree with you doesnt make me a democrat. typical republican zombie. i don't play party politics like you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

nice copy and paste e92
    you are an idiot. you had a good chance to bring up the hostage crisis.
    democrats have done much worse with no sympathy. Clinton pussed out on Osama.
    look what happened on his watch. $#@! him and $#@! you too

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

did i ever say i was a democrat? wtf does my age got to do with this? i am 20, i can vote. i do have a say.

wow, just bc i dont agree with you doesnt make me a democrat. typical republican zombie. i don't play party politics like you.
    maka a valid argument

thats my whole point

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by e92 Click here to enlarge
    you are an idiot. you had a good chance to bring up the hostage crisis.
    democrats have have done much worse with no sympathy. Clinton pussed out on Osama.
    look what happened on his watch. $#@! him and $#@! you too
    ha

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

nothing personal shah.
    i know how they play people.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast