Close

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RNS-11Z Click here to enlarge
    as good as the box tune is, and no doubt weistec are on the game and number 1 with what they do, our fuels and conditions are very different to the usa. each to there own but i would recommend a custom tune. if i wasnt building my race car, i would of been weistec charged by now!!! i cant wait to see your results, congrats again charlie.
    I have already emailed Steve about his recommendations due to our different fuel and I will see what his answer is then go from there. Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ezec63 Click here to enlarge
    youve done one all this work to this car and put a bunch of $ into it ... Do yourself a favor and get a light weight pair of rear wheels with Hoosier drag radials that you can put on in 5 minutes when you get to the track. It will improve your time just as much As the blower. you have a big 6.2 L v8 with a positive displacement 2.3 liter twin screw on it that's going to produce huge low end torque and make it hard to get off the line if you can get your 60 foot down your et will cut down a lot.
    I thought about buying some dedicated track wheels but the problem we have here is once we hit 10.99 or quicker we cannot drag out car anymore until we have a roll cage, and other bits and pieces. Not really worth it for me as I don't want to start adding a roll cage to the car. I'm sure I can hit the 10.99 with some MTs or other drag radials on the stock 18s, plus other lightweight mods, like taking out the passenger seat, spare tyre etc...

If I can't get into the 10s and need some lightweight wheels and hoosiers than I might do that, but I want to see how I go in street trim first and work my way down from there.

Does your car have a custom tune from Weistec or is it an out of the box tune?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I run their 91oct "out of the box" tune.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

We have done a lot of custom tuning for a customers particular needs but the tunes we have developed for our supercharger systems don't require anything custom. The same cars that run mid to high 10's in the quarter mile while still maintaining factory like drivability and reliability are the same tunes we flash in the customers cars.

Custom tuning is usually needed when the car is running hardware that is not typical such as a header design with odd O2 sensor placement or if the conditions are extremely hot or cold.

If the installing shop were to dyno the car and we see room for improvement (which is typically never the case unless they are really putting our trunk ice tank to good use and running race gas) we are always willing to make changes. This does take away from the daily driving factor though because the tune becomes more aggressive.

This is a perfect thread to post this one though because the same car in the video that ran 10.7 was flashed once and was flashed with our 91 octane out of the box tune as the owner @ekks mentioned. We hope this helps. Thanks.

Weistec Engineering
    Click here to enlarge
    Home of the World's Fastest Mercedes

CONNECT WITH US
    www.Weistec.com
    Sales@Weistec.com

Instagram
    Facebook

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks @Weistec .... I'm presuming you tune Australian cars for 98RON?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by charliekay Click here to enlarge
    Thanks @Weistec .... I'm presuming you tune Australian cars for 98RON?
    Is that the highest pump octane available in Australia?

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Is that the highest pump octane available in Australia?
    Yes 98RON is our Premium Unleaded Fuel.. You can get 100 Octane from 1 brand (which is also not the most reputable brand of fuel) but that is 10% Ethanol and not too sure I am want to put an Ethanol blend in the car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Our 98 is us93 I believe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Our 98 is us93 I believe
    Yes exactly in which case I don't think there would be any issue with an out of the box 93 tune although I've mostly seen 91 tunes from Weistec as that is what is available in California.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sticky it's not so much the Ron issue it's a fuel quality issue. Our 98 here is good one day and shocking the next day. There is no consistency. Our pump fuels suck here, mixed in with our weather conditions can be a disaster.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sticky it's not so much the Ron issue it's a fuel quality issue. Our 98 here is good one day and shocking the next day. There is no consistency. Our pump fuels suck here, mixed in with our weather conditions can be a disaster.
    In that case I would opt for a safer tune for lower octane. Not like the car will be giving up much while providing peace of mind.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

H I am unsure of the fuel quality in QLD but I have never heard a complaint here about fuel quality. I use BP Ultimate 98 all the time and never had an issue. I am hoping I will get an tune suited to 98RON and nothing less.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    For those interested, I finally got around to running my supercharged C63 to give a comparison with it in N/A form.

I have a little write up here - http://benzboost.com/showthread.php?...317#post557317

Charlie

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567