Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

GIAC K04 Extreme tuned Volkswagen GTI versus a 500 wheel Pontiac G8 GT roll on race

Most people would think a 2.0 liter four-cylinder versus a 6.0 liter V8 would not result in much of a race. Readers here know better though and that the 2.0 liter powerplant in the GTI with a turbo upgrade can perform quite well especially as evidenced by the result below. The VW Golf GTI has a K04 turbo upgrade with the GIAC Extreme tuning software file going up against an LS2 6.0 liter V8 Pontiac G8 GT with a claimed 500 horsepower at the wheels.

Click here to enlarge

The GTI is able to steadily pull the G8 GT up top. Does it truly have 500 wheel horsepower? According to GIAC that is what the owner claims. Whether it is accurate or not it is up to you to decide but what know for sure is the the little four cylinder came out on top versus the big V8 on this day.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I had to look up the curb weights and the G8 is about 1000 lbs. heavier. It's approximately 3000 vs. 4000 lbs!
    Eppur si muove.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yep. It sure is heavy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice runs, GIAC looked to have a good showing at this event.

I know during their testing in April on 104oct and Meth their Extreme K04 car was putting down 350/399 on a Mustang Dyno. Stock was 184/188. So given the weight advantage, this is a pretty believable outcome assuming the G8 GT had roughly 500whp. Of course another 1/4 of strip, I could see the g8 pulling up top due to the fact that the k04 is just a small turbo and starts to run out of breath around 115-120mph

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chrisisnapping Click here to enlarge
    Nice runs, GIAC looked to have a good showing at this event.

I know during their testing in April on 104oct and Meth their Extreme K04 car was putting down 350/399 on a Mustang Dyno. Stock was 184/188. So given the weight advantage, this is a pretty believable outcome assuming the G8 GT had roughly 500whp. Of course another 1/4 of strip, I could see the g8 pulling up top due to the fact that the k04 is just a small turbo and starts to run out of breath around 115-120mph
    That's pretty good power out of a K04 which isn't exactly a crazy turbo upgrade.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    That's pretty good power out of a K04 which isn't exactly a crazy turbo upgrade.
    The car is fully stripped out too. Only driver seat, and is on hoosier drags. That car weights like 2900 lbs at most. You need to add that as well.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    The car is fully stripped out too. Only driver seat, and is on hoosier drags. That car weights like 2900 lbs at most. You need to add that as well.
    the car has a passenger seat. here is a video of it at the event against a Camaro SS, you can see someone riding along.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chrisisnapping Click here to enlarge
    the car has a passenger seat. here is a video of it at the event against a Camaro SS, you can see someone riding along.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PQBpecApQw
    Ohh nice. I probably got him and the stripped 335 mixed up. It still super weight reduction though, you have to inlcude it. lol
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think people are capable of figuring out the two cars will have very different weights or just reading the comments for supplementary info.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    they added the passenger so that way the Camaro had a chance! HAHAHAHHAH

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think people are capable of figuring out the two cars will have very different weights or just reading the comments for supplementary info.
    Yea, but not as much as they would think lol. It shed like 200 lbs doing all that, which to me is a factor.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yea, but not as much as they would think lol. It shed like 200 lbs doing all that, which to me is a factor.
    I honestly don't know how much weight has been shaved.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I honestly don't know how much weight has been shaved.
    I'm right here dude I got the info!! When I took out my back seats in my GTI it was at least 140 lbs. He took all that out plus more and literally stripped it.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm right here dude I got the info!! When I took out my back seats in my GTI it was at least 140 lbs. He took all that out plus more and literally stripped it.
    Well he was wise to do so.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I talked to the owner of the G8 at the races its 500 crank HP. Has a cam, full exhaust and a tune. It was at full weight too which I believe is around 3900lbs. Buddy of mine has one with same mods made 406hp to the wheels on a dynojet. Either way though that little 4 cylinder was running strong.
    2013 AW 335IS DCT, JB4 G5 ISO, BMS DCI, BMS 3" Downpipes, BMS OCC, BMS Oil Bypass, CP-e FMIC, CP-e Charge Pipe, Tial BOV, BMS 2.2gal Meth kit, BC Racing Coilovers, RB PCV/Cap

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 925_335IS Click here to enlarge
    I talked to the owner of the G8 at the races its 500 crank HP. Has a cam, full exhaust and a tune. It was at full weight too which I believe is around 3900lbs. Buddy of mine has one with same mods made 406hp to the wheels on a dynojet. Either way though that little 4 cylinder was running strong.
    Yeah that makes more sense for 500 wheel that would be disappointing performance.