Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Ted Cruz Supporters are Crazy Like Adora Bull

What the $#@! is wrong with people? The things people will say behind a monitor and keyboard simply amazes me.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ted-cruz-praise-nelson-mandela-criticized-article-1.1539686

Click here to enlarge
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Are any of those claims factual?
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Adora Bull = Legit Bat$#@! Crazy & gets what she deserves. I mean, she praised​ Paul Walker's death.

Ted Cruz just highlighted the positive contributions of Nelson Mandela (not ignoring all the other $#@! he did) and it clearly upset some of his supporters.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Adora Bull = Legit Bat$#@! Crazy & gets what she deserves. I mean, she praised​ Paul Walker's death.

Ted Cruz just highlighted the positive contributions of Nelson Mandela (not ignoring all the other $#@! he did) and it clearly upset some of his supporters.
    I'm talking about his supporters. Their comments are in line with Adora Bull's article.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

I have no idea what to think of Mandela.

Grenade into a schoolbus? If that's true...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    I'm talking about his supporters. Their comments are in line with Adora Bull's article.
    Fair enough, I'm sure if you look into every politician/public figure, you'll find plenty of bat$#@! crazy, off the rocker supporters who've got no real concept of reality and surrounding society.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge

Pretty sure he was on the US terrorist list at one point, there was even a very important vote that took place to keep him in jail. I'm not exactly an expert on the subject, but definitely have gathered enough information to know he was no angel. He was one of those that didn't so much want "equal" rights as he wanted the tide to completely turn. Honestly that's how I feel about so many minorities in this country, they don't want "equal" rights they want to be in control and not have to work their way to get there. Take our president for example, what did he actually ever do to EARN his spot in the Senate, let alone to be President?
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge

I really, really doubt that happened. Those in control of the South African governement would have siad just about anything to discredit him. I'm sure depending on your perspective of what happened in South Africa, either side could be viewed favoribly. Mandela was sentanced to prison in 1964 for "sabatoge" which is so non-specific it could simply mean he was outspoken eoungh against a government which didn't exactly allow its citizen to practice free speech. At some point the ANC decided their agenda would be best served using more militant means, but so would you under the right circumstances. He said the following during his trial:

"I have cherished the ideal of a democratic and free society in which all persons live together in harmony and with equal opportunities. It is an ideal which I hope to live for and to achieve. But if needs be, it is an ideal for which I am prepared to die."

That could have just as easily been said by one of our founding fathers. I'm not saying Mandela is equal to Thomas Jefferson, just that your persepctive on history really is everything.

Look at the formation of the USA. The colonists were terrorists in the British Government's eyes. However, no one is going to tell you the colonists were wrong to do what they did. Im sure at the time the American revolution was called a colonial uprising or something of that nature which painted the colonists as barbaric rebels.

Apartheid in South African was not exactly a righteous cause. The government basically banned protesting and intermittently declared states of emergency during which a citizen could be detainted for any reason, without explanation. They systematically gave preferential treatment to whites, while the black population lived in squalor. If I was a member of that oppressed population, I would fight for my rights as a human being as well.

Mandela was on the US Terrorist Watch List until 2008 when GW Bush signed a bill removing him. Condoleezza Rice said it was "embarassing" he was on the list. Even Dick Cheney voted in 1986 to recognize the ANC and called on South Africa to release Mandela from prison.
    Last edited by ajm8127; 12-06-2013 at 10:26 PM.
    Eppur si muove.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    what did he actually ever do to EARN his spot in the Senate, let alone to be President?
    He was a different color and made promises those of the same color liked while at the same time playing on the guilt of a certain group. That's aboutt all I can gather.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    South Africa was an oppressive society. Before jailing, Mandela was a revolutionary. After years of attempting to work within the system for change, he gave up and aggravated and led more violent actions.

His jailing was a turning point in how he approached change in South Africa. After jail, 27 years, he approached and got the end of apartheid as well as the Presidency. The country has its challenges like any other, but the racial animus that existed prior to apartheid is greatly reduced. No race war, no cleansing, etc.

His ability to change tactics and reach the goal benefitting the most people after enduring a hardship that would break most is considered pretty special.