Close

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,949
    Rep Points
    2,882.2
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    29


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

    Great deal on paint correction/buffing kit

    Awesome deal for anyone who is in the market ~ $169.99


    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003UW1IQU/...d_p=1682906862

    kit includes the Porter Cable 7424 Dual Action Polisher. This industry leading machine will last for years. The kit also includes five Hex-Logic polishing pads to handle any situation. Includes an orange cutting pad, white polishing pad, blue glazing pad, black finishing pad, and red ultra finish pad. The kit also includes Chemical Guy's heavy-duty 5-inch hook and loop backing plate to attach any Hex-Logic polishing pad. Chemical Guys even include the pad conditioner and pad cleaner as a bonus.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

    Click here to enlarge

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Harrisburg
    Posts
    1,281
    Rep Points
    1,527.3
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Awesome deal for anyone who is in the market ~ $169.99


    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003UW1IQU/...d_p=1682906862

    kit includes the Porter Cable 7424 Dual Action Polisher. This industry leading machine will last for years. The kit also includes five Hex-Logic polishing pads to handle any situation. Includes an orange cutting pad, white polishing pad, blue glazing pad, black finishing pad, and red ultra finish pad. The kit also includes Chemical Guy's heavy-duty 5-inch hook and loop backing plate to attach any Hex-Logic polishing pad. Chemical Guys even include the pad conditioner and pad cleaner as a bonus.
    What kind of compounds would you recommend? I have a black car. I have been looking into DIY polishing here and there, but am a bit overwhelmed by the number of products on the market.
    Eppur si muove.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,949
    Rep Points
    2,882.2
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    29



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    What kind of compounds would you recommend? I have a black car. I have been looking into DIY polishing here and there, but am a bit overwhelmed by the number of products on the market.
    I really like the meguirs M105/M205 combo. Its very user friendly for beginners. With that being said, you really can't go wrong with many of the products that are available. Detailedimage.com has an incredibly resourceful detailing guide, i suggest anyone who is looking to get into this give it a good read.

    http://www.detailedimage.com/Auto-De...ishing/#polish
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

    Click here to enlarge

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Harrisburg
    Posts
    1,281
    Rep Points
    1,527.3
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    Awesome, man. Thanks for the info. I'm sold on the M105/M205 combo. Now I just have to wait until spring.
    Eppur si muove.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,454
    Rep Points
    32,149.8
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for the tip.

    I'm one of those weird people that enjoys making a day out of detailing their car.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    994
    Rep Points
    938.4
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Which pads from that kit would you use for the M105 and M205?
    ​#Chuckstrong

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,949
    Rep Points
    2,882.2
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    29



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KB Click here to enlarge
    Which pads from that kit would you use for the M105 and M205?
    A good starting point is to is M105 on an orange pad and M205 on a white pad.

    Once you get a feel for the level of correction, you can experiment with different pad combos to achieve certain results. Say you don't need as much correction as the M105 on an orange pad provides, but the M205 on a white pad is not getting you the results you want. You could try using M105 on a less abrasive pad, or using M205 on a more abrasive pad to get the results you want. Its all about finding out what works for you.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

    Click here to enlarge

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,949
    Rep Points
    2,882.2
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    29



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for the tip.

    I'm one of those weird people that enjoys making a day out of detailing their car.
    I'm the same way. although, doing a multi-staged paint correction usually takes me all weekend long (10-12 hr long days). I generally start cussing a little bit towards the end, but the results make me appreciate the hard work. Plus its a great core workout, i always feel like a bus ran over my mid-section.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

    Click here to enlarge

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    12
    Rep Points
    15.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Looks like a pretty good deal. I didn't like my PC 7424 xp much though. It quit a couple weeks ago after less than 3 years. It felt like something was trying to catch on the inside sporadically for a while before it finally died. I do like the Griot's Garage I replaced it with much better so far. Maybe it's me but it feels more powerful and sturdy compared to the PC.

    I like the Menzerna IP 2000, FF 3000 and SF 4000 depending on how bad the paint is on my black car.
    Last edited by DocCarbon; 03-24-2016 at 12:38 AM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    120
    Rep Points
    228.9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    I waited for an advanced auto parts % off $X coupon to show up and ended up getting the Griot's Garage 6 inch for $90. Had some in store promotion for a free pad as well and ended up getting that as well Click here to enlarge. Just something to keep in mind if you can't decide between the two

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •