Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 88
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,804
    Rep Points
    31,798.7
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    318


    Yes Reputation No

    Renntech tune only 2014 W212 E63 AMG 4Matic 1/4 mile run

    It's nice to see the facelifted W212 E63 AMG already modified and on the drag strip. Renntech tuned this E63 AMG 4Matic which is the standard non-S version. If one intends to tune keeping the change versus the S model makes a lot more sense especially considering the performance with just an ECU tune. So what did it run? 11.18 at 126.4 miles per hour. The launch was hardly dramatic as the car just hooked up and went.

    Click here to enlarge

    Renntech was able to run an 11.09@129 tune only in the pre-facelift rear wheel drive model. What does this mean? Well, the 4Matic is adding some weight and sucking some trap speed. However, it does not need drag rubber to repeat this performance. So the 4Matic essentially is making hooking up easier and more consistent at the expense of some trap speed.

    Enjoy the video below.


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    380
    Rep Points
    672.5
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No


    Same car at a track event.
    Last edited by LW@MTG; 12-03-2013 at 05:26 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    501
    Rep Points
    252.9
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    was race gas used in the original video?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,804
    Rep Points
    31,798.7
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    318



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by onisyndicate Click here to enlarge
    was race gas used in the original video?
    Not sure.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    13
    Rep Points
    11.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I would say race gas with that trap speed. But again i only have the rwd so dont know

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    761
    Rep Points
    380.2
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Damn Lenny did you do the mapping that car jumped like a bat out of hell!!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    380
    Rep Points
    672.5
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Puerto Rican 335d Click here to enlarge
    Damn Lenny did you do the mapping that car jumped like a bat out of hell!!
    Axle, for 2014 all E63/CLS63 USA AMG63 car has 4matic. They launch pretty nicely in dry/wet & you can actually use the RS with much more consistent 60' times, compared to the 2012-2013 E63/CLS63 rwd.

    But, in the end it's more driver % that makes the difference. BTW, great drive by TalonSi97 Click here to enlarge

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    396
    Rep Points
    -4.3
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for posting. That is INSANE. Our race cars were running 128mph in the early 1990's. I came to this site because I was under the impression the next C63 was getting the 5.5L TT. SOOOOOO disappointed about the 4.0 TT.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,117
    Rep Points
    962.8
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by m54b25 Click here to enlarge
    Axle, for 2014 all E63/CLS63 USA AMG63 car has 4matic. They launch pretty nicely in dry/wet & you can actually use the RS with much more consistent 60' times, compared to the 2012-2013 E63/CLS63 rwd.

    But, in the end it's more driver % that makes the difference. BTW, great drive by TalonSi97 Click here to enlarge

    Did renntech figure out a solution for the torque limiters in the power take off unit? I know all the tuners were having trouble with it cutting power after a certain rpm to protect itself from death by torque. Guess i was expecting more with the crazy numbers the RWD models put up

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    380
    Rep Points
    672.5
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TT C6 Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for posting. That is INSANE. Our race cars were running 128mph in the early 1990's. I came to this site because I was under the impression the next C63 was getting the 5.5L TT. SOOOOOO disappointed about the 4.0 TT.
    The W205 C63 & C63pp will get a M177 V8 4.0tt w/turbo's in the V back (ignition coil run hot & should be fixed by now). With race proven cylinder head technology from the M270/133. The M177 PP w/IHI ICSI turbos hopefully will be at the par or better to the Audi 4.0TFSI+ version, and be stronger than a M5/M6 S63tu 4.4l ZCP (Competition Pkg). And the higher version M178 will be a Porsche fighter!

    On W204 C63 w/M156 there's a few supercharged and twin turbo examples that are proven to be good, but at a sacrifice of MPG consumption.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,804
    Rep Points
    31,798.7
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    318



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by m54b25 Click here to enlarge
    The W205 C63 & C63pp will get a M177 V8 4.0tt w/turbo's in the V back (ignition coil run hot & should be fixed by now). With race proven cylinder head technology from the M270/133. The M177 PP w/IHI ICSI turbos hopefully will be at the par or better to the Audi 4.0TFSI+ version, and be stronger than a M5/M6 S63tu 4.4l ZCP (Competition Pkg). And the higher version M178 will be a Porsche fighter!

    On W204 C63 w/M156 there's a few supercharged and twin turbo examples that are proven to be good, but at a sacrifice of MPG consumption.
    Great post.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    396
    Rep Points
    -4.3
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    He basically just repeated everything being printed lately and what's been posted on here.

    Regardless, not matter what anyone posts, you're not going to change the fact that the M157 is more powerful than the M177 and will always be able to make more power than the M177 with the same octane.
    The C63 needs to be one hell of a car to make up for the disappointment of that tiny 4.0L engine.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    761
    Rep Points
    380.2
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Yes Reputation No
    Lenny give me a call I sent you some info on the DIESEL issues ok

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,485
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by m54b25 Click here to enlarge
    Benz was crazy fast! He wanted 10s in it, but wanted 9s I in his turbo s more so he focused on that.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    380
    Rep Points
    672.5
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    TT C6 well you can ask Sticky who was the source on what's repeated =) Anyhow, you are correct about there's no replacement for displacement power, but engine downsizing its inevitable for all auto manufactures. But a few examples: Ferrari will have a V8tt 3.8L, McLaren V8tt 3.8L, Lambo might cheat with V12 6.5l cylinder deactivation, GM 5.5 V8tt from 6.2l/7.0l, etc.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TT C6 Click here to enlarge
    He basically just repeated everything being printed lately and what's been posted on here.

    Regardless, not matter what anyone posts, you're not going to change the fact that the M157 is more powerful than the M177 and will always be able to make more power than the M177 with the same octane.
    The C63 needs to be one hell of a car to make up for the disappointment of that tiny 4.0L engine.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    380
    Rep Points
    672.5
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Puerto Rican 335d Click here to enlarge
    Lenny give me a call I sent you some info on the DIESEL issues ok
    The DIESEL issues are related to removing DPF, EGR, SCR, Meth injection melting DPF, etc. to get extra power. It's better to leave it to the makers of those products to respond on their product logic.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    380
    Rep Points
    672.5
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    Benz was crazy fast! He wanted 10s in it, but wanted 9s I in his turbo s more so he focused on that.
    10's like 10.999's in NHRA approved track very possible on stock Twin MGT2260, but might hit it once or twice in a cold day. Turbo upgrade will be the logical step if want to hit 10's w/more MPH trap more consistent.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,117
    Rep Points
    962.8
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by m54b25 Click here to enlarge
    10's like 10.999's in NHRA approved track very possible on stock Twin MGT2260, but might hit it once or twice in a cold day. Turbo upgrade will be the logical step if want to hit 10's w/more MPH trap more consistent.
    Any info on my previous question ?

    "Did renntech figure out a solution for the torque limiters in the power take off unit? I know all the tuners were having trouble with it cutting power after a certain rpm to protect itself from death by torque."

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    380
    Rep Points
    672.5
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ezec63 Click here to enlarge
    Any info on my previous question ?

    "Did renntech figure out a solution for the torque limiters in the power take off unit? I know all the tuners were having trouble with it cutting power after a certain rpm to protect itself from death by torque."
    Ezec63 the answer to your question, it's yes.. but it was not related to torque limiters it's all I can say Click here to enlarge

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,804
    Rep Points
    31,798.7
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    318



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TT C6 Click here to enlarge
    He basically just repeated everything being printed lately and what's been posted on here.

    Regardless, not matter what anyone posts, you're not going to change the fact that the M157 is more powerful than the M177 and will always be able to make more power than the M177 with the same octane.
    The C63 needs to be one hell of a car to make up for the disappointment of that tiny 4.0L engine.
    I don't know why you keep bringing up the M157 when it's not happening. The M177 is shaping up very well thus far.

    4.0 liter twin turbo V8 is tiny now? Heh. Tell the Audi S8.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,117
    Rep Points
    962.8
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by m54b25 Click here to enlarge
    Ezec63 the answer to your question, it's yes.. but it was not related to torque limiters it's all I can say Click here to enlarge
    hmm would love to know ! But i think renntech is the first to get past this so keep it close to the chest ! Good job guys this should be an awesome street car

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,117
    Rep Points
    962.8
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I don't know why you keep bringing up the M157 when it's not happening. The M177 is shaping up very well thus far.

    4.0 liter twin turbo V8 is tiny now? Heh. Tell the Audi S8.
    LOL dont burst his bubble ! They may be going 8.7 Liter Twin GTX35's on the next c63

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,804
    Rep Points
    31,798.7
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    318



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ezec63 Click here to enlarge
    LOL dont burst his bubble ! They may be going 8.7 Liter Twin GTX35's on the next c63
    Maybe with a spare V12 in the trunk too.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    380
    Rep Points
    672.5
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ezec63 Click here to enlarge
    LOL dont burst his bubble ! They may be going 8.7 Liter Twin GTX35's on the next c63
    Here's what getting developed by new partner RENNtech Germany Gmbh for the 1st time in AMG45 small motors with a tuning box (I still prefer the 5.5tt > 4.0tt > 3.0tt > 2.0t)

    Last edited by LW@MTG; 12-06-2013 at 10:16 PM.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    158
    Rep Points
    207.1
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Dear Renntech team, i am waiting for your German Rep. office to give me their sign-off (calling Lukas every week) that i can bring my E63 AMG S 4matik to Germany for installation of your 833-850hp package since i want to destroy Brabus E63 - 850 and MKB SL65BS - 1000 at the spring Moscow Unlim500+.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •