Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

e92 335i vs s/c e39 m5

so a guy that has a supercharged e39 m5 and i have been going back and forth with races for a while now. he is the one who originally wanted to race me. im always down to run, and am always a good sport afterward regardless of the outcome. First time he came out, his car wasnt running right. i didnt push it. Second time he came out, i put 5 cars on him by 140. Third time he came out , he got new tires and wanted another run; I put 3.5 cars on him by 125ish and let out because there wasnt a point to go any faster. Then he got tuned, got a better clutch to replace his stock slipping clutch, and got a new intake setup for the supercharger, so we ran again, IN MEXICO lol, a fourth time.

First run was 60-125. I let out due to a car switching into my lane last minute.

Second run was 60-145. i usually dont like to go past 145 in my races anyway, and i honestly think he would have pulled my car up top, but we sat right next to each other. he creeped forward a fender before the third beep, and by the time i braked, he was still 1 fender ahead. so i would call it dead even. The m5 owner is under the impression he put over a car length on me...Heres the vid. You all be the judge. around 23 seconds in he moves up a fender before we start the race.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJwNl...ature=youtu.be

Also, heres the mod list on the m5:
    "RK Supercharged @ 501wheel horsepower
    Supersprint Headers
    Evolve Alpha N Tune
    ST coilovers
    Eibach Rear Sway bar/Beast Power Brackets
    Drilled slotted Rotors
    Akebono Euro pads
    Magnaflow 14816 Mufflers"

335i mod list: jb4 g5 iso/ bms back end flash, e60 fuel, full bolt ons, 70/30- meth/water mix, map 7. stock turbos. full weight with 2 190-200 lb passengers about 3900 lbs.
    Last edited by Stucks; 12-01-2013 at 06:13 PM.
    2008 e92 335i: JB4 G5 ISO/BMS back end flash, fbo, e85, inlets, Rb turbos, level 10 valve body + converter, water/methanol.....and a lot more....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

congrats.. but that video was rough. hard to see.
    would like to see same race from a 40 roll
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by wreckz Click here to enlarge
    congrats.. but that video was rough. hard to see.
    would like to see same race from a 40 roll
    the 501whp dyno was done before he replaced his intake piping setup. he said it made a noticable difference and that the car wasnt "choking".

I feel like these cars are very evenly matched, but at really high speeds i think the m5 would pull. He wants to do a 40-160, but i just dont feel comfortable going faster than 140ish. I asked him to do a 1/4th mile run from a dig with me, but he refuses to. *shrug*
    2008 e92 335i: JB4 G5 ISO/BMS back end flash, fbo, e85, inlets, Rb turbos, level 10 valve body + converter, water/methanol.....and a lot more....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stucks Click here to enlarge
    the 501whp dyno was done before he replaced his intake piping setup. he said it made a noticable difference and that the car wasnt "choking".

I feel like these cars are very evenly matched, but at really high speeds i think the m5 would pull. He wants to do a 40-160, but i just dont feel comfortable going faster than 140ish. I asked him to do a 1/4th mile run from a dig with me, but he refuses to. *shrug*
    +1 on the 1/4 mile run. hope you convince him..
    any videos of previous races with
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by wreckz Click here to enlarge
    +1 on the 1/4 mile run. hope you convince him..
    any videos of previous races with
    Nope, on those runs we were solo in our cars. this time we each took a passenger. His car is def faster now as proven by the 2nd run. It is a very fast car, and for being a stage 1 without a fmic, can only get stronger from here on out.