Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

2013 Lotus Esprit

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

The two-seater will produce 620 horsepower, accelerate from 0-60 in under 3.5 seconds and then blast onward to a 205-mile-per-hour top speed. The plan is to bring the production version to market in the spring of 2013 with a price tag around $175,000.
    Last edited by 1cleanAMG; 09-30-2010 at 07:53 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    5.0L V8 with a 7speed DCT, RWD.
    it looks good. i suppose they may do something different with the roof though. possible convertible maybe?

i see a lot of Lambo in the styling

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    here are some different renderings i had saved. i forget where from though.

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    $#@! yes, a serious car from them!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by e92 Click here to enlarge
    here are some different renderings i had saved. i forget where from though.
    This is the REAL car at the Paris Auto Show *Not Renderings
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^ all of them are Awesome
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I like it, 175 is pushing it but the car looks like it means business. Front kind of reminds me of the NSX.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I like it, 175 is pushing it but the car looks like it means business.
    Not if it can keep up with the 458 Italia and the MP4-12c
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FR305 Click here to enlarge
    Not if it can rival the 458 Italia and the MP4-12c
    Who would rather have this than a 458? Lotus isn't on a level to challenge Ferrari and likely never will be. This is cool and all but let's see them get it to production first.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Who would rather have this than a 458? Lotus isn't on a level to challenge Ferrari and likely never will be. This is cool and all but let's see them get it to production first.
    The Italia is kinda soft and sexy but not very aggressive. Can it challenge a ferrari? We will know if it does or not when it goes into production. everyone and their mother will have the Italia after Transformers 3 comes out. Just like the R8 after Iron Man. It might sound kind of stupid but I swear the Iron Man movie boosted the R8 sales like crazy.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That looks like a lambo. The original esprit will have something this will never have. I dont know what is up with all the new car designs today, its like people are only using rectangles and triangles to design $#@!. Not a fan of the looks or price tag, the original esprit was supposed to be and affordable exotic in its day. Cheaper than a ferrari but more expensive than your average sportscar, it had a lot of class. This thing just looks like another run-of-the-mill sportscar, IMO, not worth the 175.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The Italia is kinda soft and sexy but not very aggressive. Can it challenge a ferrari? We will know if it does or not when it goes into production. everyone and their mother will have the Italia after Transformers 3 comes out. Just like the R8 after Iron Man. It might sound kind of stupid but I swear the Iron Man movie boosted the R8 sales like crazy.
    Everyone and their mother will not have the Italia, that is a big boy car for big boy bank accounts.

Iron Man boosted R8 perception and sales, people are dumb. Look at the Supra after Fast and the Furious, makes me angry.

The Italia is *not* soft, it is probably the best car in the world right now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    That looks like a lambo. The original esprit will have something this will never have. I dont know what is up with all the new car designs today, its like people are only using rectangles and triangles to design $#@!.
    This isn't the same Lotus. When would lotus ever come out with a 4 door sedan or a 3600 pound coupe? This is an attempt at creating a high-end BMW. Forget the classic Lotus, this is not worthy.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    Not a fan of the looks or price tag, the original esprit was supposed to be and affordable exotic in its day. Cheaper than a ferrari but more expensive than your average sportscar, it had a lot of class. This thing just looks like another run-of-the-mill sportscar, IMO, not worth the 175.
    Agree completely! However, someone will toss it in a movie or in Entourage and it will become "cool" to the crowd that knows nothing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is the REAL car at the Paris Auto Show *Not Renderings
    yea i know. the pics of the green one were released the same day though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Everyone and their mother will not have the Italia, that is a big boy car for big boy bank accounts.

Iron Man boosted R8 perception and sales, people are dumb. Look at the Supra after Fast and the Furious, makes me angry.

The Italia is *not* soft, it is probably the best car in the world right now.

Well at least here in Miami there will be a lot of them. I have already seen a few. The 458 is not a very aggressive looking car when you see it in person. If I was in the market for a 200k car I want it to be something special.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    the style feels a little boring. But im looking forward to more from lotus. They said they are coming out with 5 new model in the next few years i believe.

Also. the lotus Exige S is my favorite car!! Go Lotus
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The 458 is not a very aggressive looking car when you see it in person. If I was in the market for a 200k car I want it to be something special.
    Wow, I disagree completely. I've seen it in person, I even posted pics Click here to enlarge : http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...hlight=newport

Extremely aggressive and just the best design out there. Saying it is not special for 200k makes no sense. There is nothing else out there that is on its level in my opinion.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    620hp? I'm so used to every car from Lotus having come with a wheezy Toyota 4 banger for the past 10 years that reading "620hp" kind of caught me off guard. Wow

$175k, if that is the price, is awfully low for that kind of car. That's over $50k lower than an LP560-4 and around $100k lower than a 458.
    Last edited by fstop7; 10-01-2010 at 09:06 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fstop7 Click here to enlarge
    $175k, if that is the price, is awfully low for that kind of car. That's over $50k lower than an LP560-4 and around $100k lower than a 458.
    Lotus can't just burst into that segment and start pricing themselves over the reputation they have actually earned. You do make a good point on the 458 and LP560 but they can be priced that way as they have earned that spot.

This thing is almost in the range of an SLS when the Esprit should have been 125k tops.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The more I look at the back the more it seems they picked up some Vision Dynamics design cues.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lotus can't just burst into that segment and start pricing themselves over the reputation they have actually earned. You do make a good point on the 458 and LP560 but they can be priced that way as they have earned that spot.

This thing is almost in the range of an SLS when the Esprit should have been 125k tops.

dude relax y all the lotus hate?
    and as far as the supra goes, maybe the success of that car has something to do with the 2jz under the hood?
    i would love to see an exo with a motor half as strong and durable for the same price.
    Ferrari and lambo make good looking cars but lets not get ahead of ourselves.
    they are built for the guy who wants to look good and drive on the weekends NOT track days.
    if you want a good track car you can trash on the track then drive home you go Porsche or lotus simple as that.
    and just so you know i speak from ex, i owned a 348 TB Challenge (BIG POS) and my brother has a
    2007 Lamborghini Gallardo that he absolutely HATES.
    hes had nothing but problems with it once he started using it for more than just show so much now that it just sits in his driveway collecting dust.
    but he has an M6 now that he loves and a z06 for when he feels the need for that good old American TQ lol
    not trying to shoot you down or anything, just bringing my exp to the table on this subject.

cheers M8

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by NYYSR Click here to enlarge
    dude relax y all the lotus hate?
    I like Lotus, what hate? They have lost the ties to their roots though.

and as far as the supra goes, maybe the success of that car has something to do with the 2jz under the hood?
    Ok, but we were talking about the effect of film on a car's perception, it could have a hampster in a wheel under the hood for all that matters.

Ferrari and lambo make good looking cars but lets not get ahead of ourselves.
    they are built for the guy who wants to look good and drive on the weekends NOT track days.
    This could not be further from the truth. They are at home at the track, not parked and admired in the garage.

f you want a good track car you can trash on the track then drive home you go Porsche or lotus simple as that.
    and just so you know i speak from ex, i owned a 348 TB Challenge (BIG POS) and my brother has a
    2007 Lamborghini Gallardo that he absolutely HATES.
    hes had nothing but problems with it once he started using it for more than just show so much now that it just sits in his driveway collecting dust.
    Really? He bought an '07 Gallardo and it just collects dust? What issues exactly? The '07's are quite reliable from what I hear and had all the early bugs sorted out. Why wouldn't his warranty take care of any potential issues anyway, why just leave it "collecting dust?"

but he has an M6 now that he loves and a z06 for when he feels the need for that good old American TQ lol
    not trying to shoot you down or anything, just bringing my exp to the table on this subject.
    No worries, welcome.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I like Lotus, what hate? They have lost the ties to their roots though.

Ok, but we were talking about the effect of film on a car's perception, it could have a hampster in a wheel under the hood for all that matters.

This could not be further from the truth. They are at home at the track, not parked and admired in the garage.

Really? He bought an '07 Gallardo and it just collects dust? What issues exactly? The '07's are quite reliable from what I hear and had all the early bugs sorted out. Why wouldn't his warranty take care of any potential issues anyway, why just leave it "collecting dust?"

No worries, welcome.

my friend you are speaking from what you have read in mags im speaking from what i KNOW as ive owned these cars not read about them.
    but just to clarify some points for you.

lotus has lost their roots? again have you own or drive one? do you know anything about lotus history? if you did you wouldnt make such a statement.
    lotus has stayed true to themselves by building light weight, great handling cars from the day they started making cars.
    they could care less about HP #s they leave that to everyone else.
    tho im no big fan of the toyota motors they have used of late or the chrysler 4 cyl turbos in the past that doesnt mean they have swayed in any way on what they feel is most important, weight and handling .

ummm you do know you have 6 months warranty on a lambo dont you, i guess the mags left that one out.

let me ask you, when was the last time you saw a lambo or ferrari at a open track day NOT sponcered by either brand............................................. .........................Click here to enlarge yea that long.

last but not least. The '07's are quite reliable you say really? so no starter problems, no fuel pump issues no intake starvation problems hummm must be a flook then.
    guess thats y lambo scraped their motor and went with the audi V10........you know cauzz their motor is so reliable Click here to enlarge
    if you want the best of both worlds get a porsche hands down.
    again i speek from ex, not mag/forum hype or hear say.

for the record i dont currently own a porsche but i did have a 1988 944 turbo for the track 2 years back.
    but i am currently looking for 2001-2004 911 turbo

cheers M8
    Last edited by NYYSR; 10-02-2010 at 01:08 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast