Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

E36 M3 Turbo'd v 06 C6 vette v 07 335i FBO

3 runs. Line up sucked but don't think it would have made any difference.

M3 has a 72mm turbo with meth
    C6 was stock I believe
    335i is FBO with E60 no meth and BMS E85 flash

Video is blurred on purpose. That was the agreement amongst participants before video would be used.

07 335i FFTEC 600 Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That 335 looks just like mine LOL, same mods too.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I guess we have good taste then lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge yessir!
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I thought the vette would have had a better showing than that
    E46 323i-rip
    e46325ci- sold
    e85 z4-sold
    e46-m3-ripClick here to enlarge
    fj cruiser- sold
    e90 325i-sold
    e30 325i vert-current
    http://theworstdrug.com/25

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

72mm turbo on the e36? and that is all it does? Who's E36 is that? a 62mm turbo E36 should absolutely run away from both of those cars hard. not here to knock it, but it doesnt appear to be run very hard at all.
    | 1997 Estoril M3 - TURBO - |
    Click here to enlarge
    | GT3582R | 8.5:1 forged internals | ARP stuffs | SS oring block & Elring HG | Fully balanced & blueprinted 3.3L S52 |
    | Nick G custom tune | 46mm Precision gate | 62# injectors | Dual 255's |

Goal to be the first GT35r E36 to: 30 psi, 140+ mph, < 6 second 60-130

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hmm I expected the E36 to walk away up top. That 335 must be damn fast for a stock turbo car
    E88 N54 w stuff
    F30 335 X-Drive EBII....PPK otherwise Stock
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rt turbo Click here to enlarge
    72mm turbo on the e36? and that is all it does? Who's E36 is that? a 62mm turbo E36 should absolutely run away from both of those cars hard. not here to knock it, but it doesnt appear to be run very hard at all.
    Its a $1k ebay turbo budget build if that makes any difference. From where the car came from to where it is now is a huge difference. I know he has added over 10+ mph to his trap speed with it which is awesome for under a $1k. I think we are pretty evenly matched and if we line up again for a roll just between the 2 of us it will come down to spool time, MT vs AT, and other factors.

I can post a link to his build, but not sure if that violates rules of this board

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135pats Click here to enlarge
    Hmm I expected the E36 to walk away up top. That 335 must be damn fast for a stock turbo car
    Thanks! After ditching that gunked up stock FMIC and charge pipe my car pulls a lot stronger now.
    He will eventually get to where I can't keep or catch him. He had an E30 turbo build that I would not have been able to hang with.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by wtfmarine Click here to enlarge
    Its a $1k ebay turbo budget build if that makes any difference. From where the car came from to where it is now is a huge difference. I know he has added over 10+ mph to his trap speed with it which is awesome for under a $1k. I think we are pretty evenly matched and if we line up again for a roll just between the 2 of us it will come down to spool time, MT vs AT, and other factors.

I can post a link to his build, but not sure if that violates rules of this board
    Ahh, that makes sense. Thats a pretty decent bump in performance for only 1k, but Id be willing to bet he's over that unless he did not have the car tuned. How long has it been running while turbocharged? Not really sure on whether posting a link is against rules if its to a competing board. Might want to ask Stickey.

What does he have planned for the future?
    | 1997 Estoril M3 - TURBO - |
    Click here to enlarge
    | GT3582R | 8.5:1 forged internals | ARP stuffs | SS oring block & Elring HG | Fully balanced & blueprinted 3.3L S52 |
    | Nick G custom tune | 46mm Precision gate | 62# injectors | Dual 255's |

Goal to be the first GT35r E36 to: 30 psi, 140+ mph, < 6 second 60-130

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ahh, that makes sense. Thats a pretty decent bump in performance for only 1k, but Id be willing to bet he's over that unless he did not have the car tuned. How long has it been running while turbocharged? Not really sure on whether posting a link is against rules if its to a competing board. Might want to ask Stickey.

What does he have planned for the future?
    His screen name is @hsvturbo
    He is a member on here but last post was 2011. His build is on bimmerforums under the force induction section. I will send him a txt and let him know people on here are interested in his build.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Just to get an idea of what a 62mm e36 could do, what boost level would said 62mm need to be at to pull on a c6? I'm just trying to get an idea where my setup is at.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by wtfmarine Click here to enlarge
    His screen name is @hsvturbo
    He is a member on here but last post was 2011. His build is on bimmerforums under the force induction section. I will send him a txt and let him know people on here are interested in his build.
    I just read his thread. He seems like an interesting guy. I love his approach to use a good bit of smarts and as little money as possible. A guy a work with says, "A good engineer is someone who can build for a nickle what it takes most a quarter to do."
    Eppur si muove.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ajm8127 Click here to enlarge
    I just read his thread. He seems like an interesting guy. I love his approach to use a good bit of smarts and as little money as possible. A guy a work with says, "A good engineer is someone who can build for a nickle what it takes most a quarter to do."
    I will take this as a complement, so thanks, lol.

So a little on my turbo e36 for those that haven't read up on my build thread.

I started a phase 1 build early this year by adding a secondary fuel cell along with a secondary fuel rail with 52# injectors so I could run nitromethane in a natural aspirated set up. A switch would activate the nitro meth fuel system, which also deactivated the stock gasoline system. I pushed the system up to 35%nitro /65% methanol mix making some good hp until the electric fuel pump went out.

About two months ago, I started my turbo build using lots of leftover components from my old e30 M10 turbo build. I built my own manifold and down pipe and went with a eBay Godspeed 72mm turbo and 44mm WG. I challenged myself to only a 1000$ budget,thus I was limited to only one Walbro 255 for my methanol injection system.

I am running a 5# WG spring and I get 2 to 3 lbs of creep. The reason I don't up the boost is because of lack of fuel. From my phase 1 build, when I go into boost, a switch activates which kills the pump gas system and I go full methanol. However, because I have boost creep, I am overloading the fuel pump. Because of this, have to run both fuel systems under boost to keep up with airflow.

Hope that all makes sense. Plus, it's nice to have the third fastest BMW in town, less pressure on me lol.

Cliff notes on E36 build:
    Stock s50b30 with ARP Head studs
    Pump gas /meth
    ~ 8 psi boost on a 72mm eBay turbo
    Self tuned.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    nice results!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice E36 but blurred video to that degree means I can't use this for the front page.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    was wondering why it was so slow, and not blowing the tires off.
    those look like 2nd gear pulls?
    i'd like to roll a vette and FBO E90 for fun, but you'd only see the other two cars for a second or two lol

what did you use for the blurring effect?
    Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports dealer
    Turner Motorsports dealer
    Bimmerworld dealer
    Active Autowerks Dealer
    Shipping built/stroked/CNC ported N54's Internationally!
    Follow us!
    http://www.facebook.com/BMWdoctor
    http://twitter.com/abrhouston
    http://instagram.com/abrhouston/
    http://abrhouston.com
    http://abr.genbook.com Book online appointments!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I use adobe premiere to edit and I think just the standard blur effect. I know all but 1st time I started in 2nd. I was spinning pretty bad because of my tires at the time were just about done for. @hsvturbo and I are suppose to run again. I don't think the C6 will be back to play though.