Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    Honestly, I would just get this and call it a day: http://www.innokin.com/itaste-vv-express-kit.html - you can buy here: http://www.smoke-evolution.com/Innok...e-ino-itvv.htm

You can spend a ton more, or a ton less - but that is literally the best deal/bang for your buck you will find.

It's 50 bucks, and has adjustable wattage and voltage, 5 filters (washable) - and has passthrough on the USB port so if it's not charged, you can just use it while plugged in. The battery is ridiculous, and when it IS fully charged, lasts well over a day unless you "smoke" a ridiculous amount. I would buy that, and some Organic Celestial Honeydew E-liquid from virginvapor.com - I use 16mg just to save money, and go with 100% glycerine since I don't like the burning at the back of my throat. Some people DO like the burning however, especially if you enjoy smoking - it has that same "feel" when it's a mix of propylene glycol and glycerine, with just glycerin it tastes delicious and feels like warm water vapor.

If you have an extra 20 bucks to spend, get the iClear 30 Dual Coil Clearomizer (atomizer) - it produces a TON more vapor than what comes with the pen, is cleanable and holds 3 times as much fluid. If you are going to get into it, that's something I would just buy with it.

Let us know how it goes, curious what you think.

Cheers.
    For $45 that seems just fine.

What about the ones that have water in them though that I see people use?

For this one I also have to use the company liquid? So if they go out of business I'm screwed and I have to use their stuff only?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Note about the nicotine comment - I buy 16 or sometimes 24mg because I am a procrastinator and wait until $#@! is empty before ordering, and do not want to pay for next day air. Point I am trying to make is - if you don't use cigarettes often (I don't use them at all, I chew/used Snus) - 24mg is A LOT. I actually didn't realize it with the glycerine, and it made me sick after about 20 minutes while watching TV. However I was puffing on the thing like a crackhead - so it was my fault; point is, it's a lot of nicotine. If you are just doing it for fun - and to get that mild cigarette buzz, do 16mg or lower.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    For $45 that seems just fine.

What about the ones that have water in them though that I see people use?

For this one I also have to use the company liquid? So if they go out of business I'm screwed and I have to use their stuff only?
    That's it - it has water... Here's a picture using the iClear 30 (however, what comes with it is similar, just much smaller) --> http://blog.sawilson.org/2013/03/ita...not-sonic.html

Edit - you can use any E-liquid you wish with that one...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Edit - you can use any E-liquid you wish with that one...
    Well that settles that. Sounds perfect.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Well that settles that. Sounds perfect.
    I love the thing, and I don't even smoke... I am tired of using Snus/chew - and this thing works great... No odor/smell/hassle - and it really does take away any "want" to use tobacco. It's great.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    +1 on the iClear 30. I dont own one but a friend has it.

Also, definitely dont over do it with the nicotine level. I was a PAD smoker and I only needed 18mg/ml juice to quell the cravings. I have since moved down to 12mg/ml. Its turning into a hobby for me, so the price difference isnt as great as I was hoping. If you like it alot you may want to consider getting into rebuildable atomizers. Lets you custom build a coil and wick however you want.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DFM Click here to enlarge
    +1 on the iClear 30. I dont own one but a friend has it.

Also, definitely dont over do it with the nicotine level. I was a PAD smoker and I only needed 18mg/ml juice to quell the cravings. I have since moved down to 12mg/ml. Its turning into a hobby for me, so the price difference isnt as great as I was hoping. If you like it alot you may want to consider getting into rebuildable atomizers. Lets you custom build a coil and wick however you want.
    Tried to rep you, but out of juice for you I guess... Need to spread the love.

I haven't figured the atomizer part out yet - how often am I supposed to be cleaning/replacing these? I have been using (mainly) the iClear 30 for about 6 weeks or so, and if I change flavors, I rinse everything down... I keep hearing about replacements, and see that the replacement is super cheap - however, I don't notice a difference between new and now. Is it a set period of time I need to replace this thing, or are you going by taste? Is it just that over time it will start getting hard to "breathe" the vapor (clogged)?

Curious for your feedback, you sound like you have been using one much longer. BTW - you should get the iClear 30, it gets great reviews - and to be honest, the stock ones that came with the VV are not even close (in terms of thick vapor - and even taste). The only thing I don't like is the swivel head, but am guessing it could be replaced if it started to drive me nuts. Click here to enlarge

Cheers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Tried to rep you, but out of juice for you I guess... Need to spread the love.

I haven't figured the atomizer part out yet - how often am I supposed to be cleaning/replacing these? I have been using (mainly) the iClear 30 for about 6 weeks or so, and if I change flavors, I rinse everything down... I keep hearing about replacements, and see that the replacement is super cheap - however, I don't notice a difference between new and now. Is it a set period of time I need to replace this thing, or are you going by taste? Is it just that over time it will start getting hard to "breathe" the vapor (clogged)?

Curious for your feedback, you sound like you have been using one much longer. BTW - you should get the iClear 30, it gets great reviews - and to be honest, the stock ones that came with the VV are not even close (in terms of thick vapor - and even taste). The only thing I don't like is the swivel head, but am guessing it could be replaced if it started to drive me nuts. Click here to enlarge

Cheers.
    The replacement intervals for the atomizer can depend on a variety of factors. Some juices will wear down a coil faster than others. The voltage you vape at also plays a part, as well as how much you vape. I go by taste and performance. Sometimes the taste will take on a slightly acrid, metallicy flavor after 1.5-2 weeks. Sometimes I can go for 2 full weeks with no change. The vapor production also starts to decline for me. I have a multimeter that I use to check the resistance of the atty. I notice that that the resistance will increase slightly over time (higher resistance=less power to your coil=lower vape quality). Like I said, the time interval varies based on several factors. If it tastes fine and the vape is satisfying then I dont see a reason to change it.

I have sinced moved on to rebuildable atty's so I wrap my own coils around various diameter drill bits. Example:
    Click here to enlarge

I took two strands of kanthal resistance wire and wound them together with a drill for more surface area. Hits like a train with bong rip sized clouds of vapor.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The replacement intervals for the atomizer can depend on a variety of factors. Some juices will wear down a coil faster than others. The voltage you vape at also plays a part, as well as how much you vape. I go by taste and performance. Sometimes the taste will take on a slightly acrid, metallicy flavor after 1.5-2 weeks. Sometimes I can go for 2 full weeks with no change. The vapor production also starts to decline for me. I have a multimeter that I use to check the resistance of the atty. I notice that that the resistance will increase slightly over time (higher resistance=less power to your coil=lower vape quality). Like I said, the time interval varies based on several factors. If it tastes fine and the vape is satisfying then I dont see a reason to change it.

I have sinced moved on to rebuildable atty's so I wrap my own coils around various diameter drill bits. Example:
    Click here to enlarge

I took two strands of kanthal resistance wire and wound them together with a drill for more surface area. Hits like a train with bong rip sized clouds of vapor.

That's awesome - explains a lot. I probably am not in-tune enough to notice, so am going to replace one today just to see what the difference is. I am betting I don't know what I am missing.

Thanks for the reply.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I quit smoking over 20 years ago. I'm not special. Just quit. No games. No placebo's. No gimmicks.
    I sell cars and there seems to be a gillion people at work who smoke. Many of them are using this vapor thing. Many of them also smoke the real deal too often. It doesn't work long term. That's because psychologically, it's a trigger. It simulates the real thing which causes your brain to continue to crave the real thing. Eventually, your brain will win the battle.
    It's best to redirect your behavior for the brain to re-adjust.

Just stop!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ice350 Click here to enlarge
    I quit smoking over 20 years ago. I'm not special. Just quit. No games. No placebo's. No gimmicks.
    I sell cars and there seems to be a gillion people at work who smoke. Many of them are using this vapor thing. Many of them also smoke the real deal too often. It doesn't work long term. That's because psychologically, it's a trigger. It simulates the real thing which causes your brain to continue to crave the real thing. Eventually, your brain will win the battle.
    It's best to redirect your behavior for the brain to re-adjust.

Just stop!
    Not everyone's brain works the same way. I see this as having your cake and eating it too. I dont have a desire to stop smoking or quit my nicotine use, I just didnt want to smell like smoke and have health problems.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Not everyone's brain works the same way. I see this as having your cake and eating it too. I dont have a desire to stop smoking or quit my nicotine use, I just didnt want to smell like smoke and have health problems.
    I appreciate that. You're not trying to quit. You're just exploring alternatives. That's cool.
    My issue is with those who are so-called quitting.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It ranges from about $50 for a starter kit up to several hundred for a really nice looking high quality device
    Whats the best one overall money not being an issue? I just got a simple one (50$) from a gas station and am really liking it so im thinking about using this to lay off the newports i usually smoke. I want the best one $$ can buy i heard the thermovape cera is good stuff? Dont really feel like "modding" it myself would rather pick up the best one.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is probably the nicest mod you can buy. get an AW 18650 battery and a nitecore charger to go with it.

http://markbugs.com/index.php?route=...&product_id=57

Then pick your choice of 510 threaded atomizer. If you dont mind rebuilding your own coils (not that hard) then I recommend a kayfun or a russian 91% atomizer. There really arent high end atomizers that dont require rebuilding your own coils.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes...just started vaping Friday. Love it and have not had a cig since Saturday...I dont even want one. Its great!
    ​#Chuckstrong

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports dealer
    Turner Motorsports dealer
    Bimmerworld dealer
    Active Autowerks Dealer
    Shipping built/stroked/CNC ported N54's Internationally!
    Follow us!
    http://www.facebook.com/BMWdoctor
    http://twitter.com/abrhouston
    http://instagram.com/abrhouston/
    http://abrhouston.com
    http://abr.genbook.com Book online appointments!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12