Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

My buddy has an ST. It's not super fast but it's fun as hell to drive and looks good inside and out.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Pontiac G8 GT, Or GTO
    C6 Corvette,
    5.0 Mustang as mentioned several time,
    first generation CTS-V is still a sweet car so you get the corvette motor with limitless easy mods plus an awesome car. (thinking luxury)

I mean you kinda need to decide if you want luxury performance or just performance with basic creature comforts...IMO corvette still is and will be for a long time the best bang for your buck sports car...

Obivously 335i again, but I'm not into buying Bimmer's with higher mileage which is what it would take to get one around 20k or less to have money leftover to do proper mods to make it a true consistent mid 11's car. (come on, $3k is not gonna cut it...lol)
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by folgrz Click here to enlarge
    I mean I know it's probably not even on your radar.

But I REALLY like the new Focus ST. If I was to go out and buy a brand new DD it would definitely be that car.

Only take my M out on nice days

For an everyday driver with no sunday driver a 335 wouldnt be a bad choice. I like STI's and Evo's too
    just go GTI. handling isn't AS good, but it'll make for a much more comfortable/better quality DD. The ST has more off the showroom horsepower, but at the end of the day it runs the same turbo as the GTI does, just tuned more aggressively, nothing a tune can't fix.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rdeterman Click here to enlarge
    11's for a 6mt N54 is tough without a ton of extra power
    Depends who's driving it Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    Pontiac G8 GT, Or GTO
    C6 Corvette,
    5.0 Mustang as mentioned several time,
    first generation CTS-V is still a sweet car so you get the corvette motor with limitless easy mods plus an awesome car. (thinking luxury)

I mean you kinda need to decide if you want luxury performance or just performance with basic creature comforts...IMO corvette still is and will be for a long time the best bang for your buck sports car...

Obivously 335i again, but I'm not into buying Bimmer's with higher mileage which is what it would take to get one around 20k or less to have money leftover to do proper mods to make it a true consistent mid 11's car. (come on, $3k is not gonna cut it...lol)
    how is $3k not gonna cut it?
    Jb4
    BB flash
    bms meth rlbow
    bms meth kit
    bms dp
    wagner fmic

thats FBO + meth for around $3k and will beat all if the cars you listed in the 1/4mi and still be a bmw
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    how is $3k not gonna cut it?
    Jb4
    BB flash
    bms meth rlbow
    bms meth kit
    bms dp
    wagner fmic

thats FBO + meth for around $3k and will beat all if the cars you listed in the 1/4mi and still be a bmw
    Consistent mid 11's? I don't think so, throw $3k into any of those cars and you are movin son, and consistent, not relying on stock turbos that will not last and meth, lets face it, it's not that easy to break into 11's FBO+meth, let alone mid 11's consistently? Only FBO+Meth cars doing 11's consistently have LSD's...and there goes your $3k...you can get any of those cars I listed for under $20k, or around $20k with low mileage and run low 11's to high tens for another $10k or less into them. No, they're not a BMW, but no reason to sell the OP a car he's getting out of...

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

GTOs and G8s are garbage on the track. Period. I don't recall anyone saying mid 11s. 11s was said. So that's 11.99. An AT FBO+ meth car on drag radials can run 11.99 all day long. And an LSD is a waste of money in that car. Doubt you can find a used 5.0 for $20k but maybe. Then what? You'd have to SC it to run 11s. Only car you listed that can hit 11s for that price is a vette. Most of us would like back seats. oP didn't really say.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Like I said. I've debated this exact topic for a year now. It always comes back to the n54. And now with Tonys new n55 turbo upgrade you have to consider that too.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Consistent mid 11's? I don't think so, throw $3k into any of those cars and you are movin son, and consistent, not relying on stock turbos that will not last and meth, lets face it, it's not that easy to break into 11's FBO+meth, let alone mid 11's consistently? Only FBO+Meth cars doing 11's consistently have LSD's...and there goes your $3k...you can get any of those cars I listed for under $20k, or around $20k with low mileage and run low 11's to high tens for another $10k or less into them. No, they're not a BMW, but no reason to sell the OP a car he's getting out of...
    2 local FBO + meth cars just smashed a local SC GTO last weekend. Just FYI.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

2 local FBO + meth cars just smashed a local SC GTO last weekend. Just FYI.

Hey man, I drive an n54, lol that was obviously the choice I made after tons and tons of research, but the OP seems to be asking about OTHER cars, I don't think he needs to be told about a car he already has/had....

Not sure about beating an supercharged goat, they're no joke, unless the driver is....lol

EDIT: How many slower cars have you seen beat faster cars? Hmmm I've seen a friend in a bone stock 03' cobra walk a Ford GT...driver mod! lol

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

A B5 S4 is wayyyy cheap and seats four. They can be made very fast.

W211 E55 AMG's are cheap too and easily modded.

600 Benzes are cheap too and over 600 whp with a tune only and will run 10's all day but V12 maintenance can add up fast.

If you want the all out fastest it's hard to ignore American muscle but that isn't my thing.

E46 M3 plus turbo kit is also an option. An option that is hard to ignore IMO.

These are the only cars I would look at it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    A B5 S4 is wayyyy cheap and seats four. They can be made very fast.

W211 E55 AMG's are cheap too and easily modded.

600 Benzes are cheap too and over 600 whp with a tune only and will run 10's all day but V12 maintenance can add up fast.

If you want the all out fastest it's hard to ignore American muscle but that isn't my thing.

E46 M3 plus turbo kit is also an option. An option that is hard to ignore IMO.

These are the only cars I would look at it.
    Good call on the Benze's...like both that you listed...I thought about the SL550 too, but man the MB's older than 08/09 new bodies just look so damn dated. Nice interiors though

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

The 550 and 500's are tough big of a pain to mod for serious power.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

b5 s4, can make like 1000whp with 30k LOL 8k for the car, the rest in built motor, turbo kits, and tires LOL.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Ill sell you my b5 for 25K

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

ive been there done that with a B5 s4..
    Click here to enlarge
    FBO's. Spec S2+. E85.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

LOTS of cars have been listed, but I think people are forgetting that a lot of these cars might require a lot of initial investment to get them running right, especially with some of the older cars -- The B5 S4, Terminator Mustang, EVO VII-IXs, 1st Gen CTS-V, and E46 M3s (bearings + VANOS immediately come to mind, in addition to the SMG trans)

I mean if you can find an unmolested version of one of those cars, they're definitely gonna be alot easier to mod to high HP (just more explored platforms), but you def get a ton of "bang for buck" with N54s. Especially when you consider what you get in addition to the motor, they're all 2007+, so there's lots of modern comfort features that aren't available in the other cars.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Used nissan 370z + go hunting for a nice used S/C or turbo kit? Their after market is huge I'm sure they have lots of stuff available and it's a fun little car to drive around with low curb weight and good handling

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

The 370Z idea is not a bad one but I think he needs to decide if he wants a coupe, four door, etc.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

GTOs and G8s are garbage on the track. Period. I don't recall anyone saying mid 11s. 11s was said. So that's 11.99. An AT FBO+ meth car on drag radials can run 11.99 all day long. And an LSD is a waste of money in that car. Doubt you can find a used 5.0 for $20k but maybe. Then what? You'd have to SC it to run 11s. Only car you listed that can hit 11s for that price is a vette. Most of us would like back seats. oP didn't really say.
    They can hit 11s with a tune, intake, exhaust, and drag radials. Car was full weight loaded 2012 premium with full tank of gas.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)

come get sum Click here to enlarge
    filling up with a little redneck race fuel Click here to enlarge
    The E.T. Streets on it solve third gear traction issues if they are hot.....
    If you want to handle, throw the 17" direzza star specs back on the rear..... If you want to hook, leave the 16" E.T. Streets on......its a hoot to drive regardless Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Vargas Turbo dealer and installation center
    Level 10 distributor and installation center
    Burger Motorsports Tier 2 dealer and installation center
    Turner Motorsports dealer and installation center
    Bimmerworld dealer and installation center
    Shipping built/stroked/CNC ported N54's Internationally!
    Follow us!
    http://www.facebook.com/BMWdoctor
    http://twitter.com/abrhouston
    http://instagram.com/abrhouston/
    http://abrhouston.com
    http://abr.genbook.com Book online appointments!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

i really want your car
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

That E36 is seriously sleeper mode. You must surprise the $#@! out of…well out of like everyone from a roll.
    E88 N54 Alpinweiss/Coral Red/Motiv HTA 3586r Tial .82AR/Motiv Port Fuel/BMR 3.5" Exhaust/ER CP/Synapse/VRSF FMIC/Rob Beck PCV Valve + Cap/ST Coilovers/M3 FCA + Tension Rods/M3 Subframe Bushings/M3 FSB/AA Strutbrace/DINAN Camber Plates/Apex ARC-8/Project Kics/VAC Hubs/Rogue Transmission Mounts/Alpina TCU Flash/Icarbon/Kerscher/BMW Performance
    F30 335 X-Drive EBII....PPK otherwise Stock
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

You obviously are not well versed in many other cars...here's a quick autotrader search resulting in 57 5.0's between 19-22k

And on the performance side I think you're forgetting about nitrous setups on these cars, for under $5k most of those cars can run 10's, 11's with ease lol. Vette's are not expensive, I could have bought a C6 with 10k miles and stage 1 lingenfelter ($10k setup) for $26k, with tires probably a 10 second car with high quality aftermarket already done! lol

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...ice=22000&mmt=[FORD[MUST[]][]]&modelCode1=MUST&makeCode1=FORD&startYear=2011&sho wcaseOwnerId=67427&engineCodes=8CLDR&searchRadius= 0&sortBy=derivedpriceASC

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

I'm very well versed in both purchasing and racing many cars. I spend almost every Friday night at the drag strip. I agreed with you on the vette. Def the best bang for the buck. The others...... I'll put our local N54s against any similarly $$$$ GTO/G8 5.0 all day long. Track here is closed for the year but the HWY isn't Click here to enlarge

I'm done debating here. I've modified and raced too many cars. Ulitmately the OP has to decide for himself. Hopefully he makes the right choice, I still regret many I've made recently.

You obviously are not well versed in many other cars...here's a quick autotrader search resulting in 57 5.0's between 19-22k

And on the performance side I think you're forgetting about nitrous setups on these cars, for under $5k most of those cars can run 10's, 11's with ease lol. Vette's are not expensive, I could have bought a C6 with 10k miles and stage 1 lingenfelter ($10k setup) for $26k, with tires probably a 10 second car with high quality aftermarket already done! lol

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...ice=22000&mmt=[FORD[MUST[]][]]&modelCode1=MUST&makeCode1=FORD&startYear=2011&sho wcaseOwnerId=67427&engineCodes=8CLDR&searchRadius= 0&sortBy=derivedpriceASC

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast