Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

AMS/Alpha Performance's 2014 E63 AMG 4Matic is in and tested!

In late October we took delivery of our 2014 E63 AMG 4Matic. After some break in miles we headed for Byron dragway to get some baseline numbers. Our completely stock, full weight 2014 E63 ran a best of 11.98 @ 118.56 MPH, not bad at all for a non S model!

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

With stock performance figures collected itís time to dig in and explore the potential of the 4Matic AMG line. Performance upgrades such as the Alpha Boost Cooler (intercooler upgrade), TOPS (turbine outlet pipes) and Carbon Induction system will be available soon for all M157 5.5 bi-turbo equipped AMGís, both 4Matic and RWD. We will be installing our Alpha 9 Bi-turbo Upgrade and fine tuning the ECU with our VCS recalibration in the coming weeks. Letís hope itís a short winter!

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Why do you Tease me like this? WHY?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    In for big power!
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ALPHA Performance Click here to enlarge

In late October we took delivery of our 2014 E63 AMG 4Matic. After some break in miles we headed for Byron dragway to get some baseline numbers. Our completely stock, full weight 2014 E63 ran a best of 11.98 @ 118.56 MPH, not bad at all for a non S model!
    I'm looking forward for the results. I like how you guys took a base run to compare it afterwards with the upgrades. Not alot of tuners do that. That shows confidence that your going to do better.

by the way, congrats on the 60-130mph quickest record on dragtimes.com for the ALPHA GTR. That was just crazy and sickening FAST. good job
    Weistec Supercharged SL63 AMG
    Click here to enlarge
    Fastest Overall Mercedes SL Class VBOX 60-130, 6.86-
    Dragtimes.com, FEB 16 2013

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Promoted to the front page with minor formatting changes.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not crazy impressed with the 118mph trap as this still is the 550hp version, not the lesser 518hp of earlier years NON s and NON PP v8 biturbo versions.
    I guess the weight and 4matic took away some performance.
    Seems cant get a E63 AMG S with no 4matic in America. That's a shame.

AMS will def make some great products and some great power with this!
    ///M5 LCI
    "It's like the F10 is the 911 Turbo to the E60's GT3" -Pistonheads (M5 feature)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Damn guys... why are you doing this to me? Must have an SL63 with this upgrade.

Ken

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Great work...looks like it still gives up some to the M5, as we've started to see. Really excited to see what you guys do with it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jacob502 Click here to enlarge
    I'm looking forward for the results. I like how you guys took a base run to compare it afterwards with the upgrades. Not alot of tuners do that. That shows confidence that your going to do better.

by the way, congrats on the 60-130mph quickest record on dragtimes.com for the ALPHA GTR. That was just crazy and sickening FAST. good job
    Thanks! if we tested something and it hindered performance we would never bring it to market - we won't sell it if it doesn't perform.

The GTR record - we thought breaking 3.0 was going to be near impossible, came so close so many times - it was always a 3.0X or 3.10. When we ran the 8.25 pass we hit 2.67, two days later when we ran 7.98 the 60-130 was the exact same 2.67

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 5soko Click here to enlarge
    Not crazy impressed with the 118mph trap as this still is the 550hp version, not the lesser 518hp of earlier years NON s and NON PP v8 biturbo versions.

It seems to be in line with the publications, the magazines I've seen have been getting ~120mph with the S Models

She is heavy though, if I recall correctly when we put it on the scales the car weighed a little over 4,500lbs Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ALPHA Performance Click here to enlarge
    It seems to be in line with the publications, the magazines I've seen have been getting ~120mph with the S Models

She is heavy though, if I recall correctly when we put it on the scales the car weighed a little over 4,500lbs Click here to enlarge
    That weight is crazy!!!! 118mph stock trap makes more sense with that powerful drivetrain
    ///M5 LCI

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Sure it's heavier with some more driverain loss that kills some trap speed but you don't have to get the 4Matic. Regardless, this offers a great value as its cheaper than the S and can be tuned.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    11.9 and 118mph? Not impressed at all. That's exactly what my stock W211 ran 6 yrs ago. But this car will be an absolute beast when AMS gets done with it&thats great!Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Sure it's heavier with some more driverain loss that kills some trap speed but you don't have to get the 4Matic. Regardless, this offers a great value as its cheaper than the S and can be tuned.
    Looking at Mercedes AMG website, it looks like you cant get a RWD E63 AMG anymore...?
    This this is the standard E63 AMG, and then You have the S which 4matic is standard aswell.
    ///M5 LCI

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
    11.9 and 118mph? Not impressed at all. That's exactly what my stock W211 ran 6 yrs ago. But this car will be an absolute beast when AMS gets done with it&thats great!Click here to enlarge
    That's my thoughts aswell.. 118mph isn't much of a improvement from benz with all the tech and power there engines/tranny have today. Speaking in stock form.
    ///M5 LCI

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looking at Mercedes AMG website, it looks like you cant get a RWD E63 AMG anymore...?
    This this is the standard E63 AMG, and then You have the S which 4matic is standard aswell.
    Weird I don't know? Both 4Matic?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Weird I don't know? Both 4Matic?
    I guess in other regions you can still get an AMG RWD, but in the US it's 4Matic only (not counting C)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I guess in other regions you can still get an AMG RWD, but in the US it's 4Matic only (not counting C)
    Interesting, thanks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Is that drag strip going downhill or is it just me? If it is then it maybe slower on a flat strip.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DXBE63 Click here to enlarge
    Is that drag strip going downhill or is it just me? If it is then it maybe slower on a flat strip.
    it's flat, the shutdown is uphill giving the illusion that the track is downhill Click here to enlarge