Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    No I'm confident in saying there's more power there than the factory gave us. The question is how much.
    I'll stick with my theory of not more than 30-40 whp FBO and tuned maybe 50whp at most if its on racegas lol.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    I'll stick with my theory of not more than 30-40 whp FBO and tuned maybe 50whp at most if its on racegas lol.
    That's enough for the car to get close to the 11's. That's impressive.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's enough for the car to get close to the 11's. That's impressive.
    If it's an AMG, I'd expect it to. LOL
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    If it's an AMG, I'd expect it to. LOL
    Well the C55 AMG never did with just bolt ons and that was a big V8. Times are changing!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well the C55 AMG never did with just bolt ons and that was a big V8. Times are changing!
    Indeed they are, with AWD it will be really easy... oh yea, and DCT..
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This thread is starting to sound like a scene out of Fast and Furious.
    Excuse my while I go throw up all this rice I've been subjected to in here.......

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I never saw an intelligent debate about four cylinder power potential in any Fast and the Furious movie although I have not seen the most recent one.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    for me its still 4 cylinders, compact, sporty and produce 355-hp!! maybe price wise it wont be perfect deal in the US but for EU content definitely will shine. Moreover there is always room for development such as tune, DP and other support mods that will make baby AMG hit 11's maybe less Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Oilphase Click here to enlarge
    for me its still 4 cylinders, compact, sporty and produce 355-hp!! maybe price wise it wont be perfect deal in the US but for EU content definitely will shine. Moreover there is always room for development such as tune, DP and other support mods that will make baby AMG hit 11's maybe less Click here to enlarge
    Yeppers. It's a great little car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I might get one! and put a 6766 on it

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Kudos to AMG for raising the bar! This forces BMW and Audi to compete in this segment and more importantly, bring those cars to the USA.

The CLA45 is a great car. I also believe FBO's and a tune will net 50-70whp, which will be enough to wreck some quick cars out there. Time will tell how the motor holds up beyond that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 600whp S4 Click here to enlarge
    On a 2.0!! That wont hit full boost till around 5.5-6k rpm. You of all people should know that LOL
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 600whp S4 Click here to enlarge
    On a 2.0!! That wont hit full boost till around 5.5-6k rpm. You of all people should know that LOL

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    The CLA45 is a great car. I also believe FBO's and a tune will net 50-70whp, which will be enough to wreck some quick cars out there. Time will tell how the motor holds up beyond that.
    The turbo stock comes with 26 psi. With a tune and FBO how much more do you really think it can gain. Really 50-70whp?
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think it'll only peak 30-40rwhp put pick up tons of power under the curve. Enough to challenge the likes of a C7 or C6 LS3, C63, stroked M3, Boss 302, FBO B8 S4, or Z28 down the 1320 (in terms of E.T). Mainly due to the AWD and stock DCT.
    Alpha ///N - YouTube: 95CSL
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Does anyone have the compressor map? This thing will be a monster with ethanol, opened up/bigger turbo and some mods to keep that water to air intercooler really cool.

People are just thinking it is maxed out 26psi because they aren't used to it... I've seen stock 4g63s with hybrid stock turbo setups push 35psi all day on e85..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's all about combustion chamber temps, the clamping force of the stock head studs/gasket and the rod strength.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    c55 lol? worst amg ever
    08 328i, totaled by women driver
    07 335i, lots of mods.
    Now- 14 Focus ST
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    It's all about combustion chamber temps, the clamping force of the stock head studs/gasket and the rod strength.
    Exactly... not just the boost pressure. Plus there's no doubt the torque curve will be fattened down low. That doesn't mean you need to push more boost at peak.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mikolo-n54 Click here to enlarge
    c55 lol? worst amg ever
    It's ok. The C32 kind of sucked too IMO.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's ok. The C32 kind of sucked too IMO.
    Really? I heard it was the other way around(already FI and more aftermarket). My friend has a c55 I have driven it on many occasions and i would rather take a 330ci lol. Feels gutless... Now the c63, they did right!
    08 328i, totaled by women driver
    07 335i, lots of mods.
    Now- 14 Focus ST
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    50psi? my EVO was running 30psi and was hitting 515AWHP on a conservative tune on the STOCK MOTOR

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TT C6 Click here to enlarge
    What the F are you talking about?Click here to enlarge
    Gotta tell ya, it seems you like to argue whatever I post, just to argue.Click here to enlarge

Good luck running 50psi on the 2.0L engine. Click here to enlarge
    2011 335is DCT, moving to Italy, looking for new car friends Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    it really depends on the size of the turbo. The Focus ST guys have a tiny turbo that is maxed out from the factory but are still gaining some decent HP. They've hit a wall though. Many are already getting turbo upgrades. I'd bet that AMG has maxed a small turbo out in order to keep lag down and still get to that 350HP mark on a 2.0. That will leave small gaines for the aftermarket until turbo upgrade is available. let's hope they didn't make the manifold as stupid as ford did on the ST.
    2011 335is DCT, moving to Italy, looking for new car friends Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    LOL. That really isn't fair. FP Black turbos are just freaks of nature. Stock Frame, yes. Anything like stock, no. haha.

Does anyone have the compressor map? This thing will be a monster with ethanol, opened up/bigger turbo and some mods to keep that water to air intercooler really cool.

People are just thinking it is maxed out 26psi because they aren't used to it... I've seen stock 4g63s with hybrid stock turbo setups push 35psi all day on e85..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    LOL. That really isn't fair. FP Black turbos are just freaks of nature. Stock Frame, yes. Anything like stock, no. haha.
    Yeah he held our AWD dyno record for a while! Sleeper setup and spooled decently quick. Now he is preparing 9,000RPM head.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have a 9k RPM head and the rods to accompany it now Click here to enlarge need to get it tuned so I can get some 9K revs in my life

Yeah he held our AWD dyno record for a while! Sleeper setup and spooled decently quick. Now he is preparing 9,000RPM head.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast