Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

More Lies from Evosport...

With regard to Brad's comment:

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Brad
    This comment has never been substantiated by MHP - it is sales hype.
    If you have any questions about our wares, I am happy to assist you and able to put you with real users who can answer any questions. The vast majority of our customers are not on this site or any forums, we only have about 5-10% of our customer base worldwide on the forums.
    To this question asked by a MBW member:

"(MHP C63 Owner): I have never seen any tuners hit a +75whp except for MHP. Even evosport couldn't top our Stage 2 kits." Any thoughts about the validity of this?
    First we didn't make that statement, one of our customers did—I would guess I haven’t seen it myself. I would have to believe that he wasn't blinded by the Evosport/MBW defamation/bias/lies and may have tested his own car or seen others with our parts and tuning.

Next, it's common knowledge to everyone on MBW that our S2 package (headers/tune) nets 100rwhp+/60rwtq+ SAE on 93 octane. We already destroy any results you’ve ever posted (or not) and with cams being installed as we speak it’s just going to get UGLY soon.

Finally, last time I checked your old shop car ran 12.1-12.2@117-118 with Evosport/PC tune, Full Evosport Exhaust, Pulley, etc on 1.8X 60's. No qualms with the owner of the car, just talking about it's performance when using parts from it's former home.

www.dragtimes.com

You don't even have any cars on page 2.

Enjoy the Sales HYPE:

Keith Brantley’s Stage 3 C63, 11.24@124.32mph in the mile, and 180.73mph in the standing mile naturally aspriated; for sake of comparison a Porsche Carrera GT went 178mph and two 2010 ZR1s went 179mph at the same Top Gun Run. World’s Quickest and Fastest C63 AMG 1/8th mile, mile, Standing Mile, 60-130 (8.46 seconds N/A, 6.66 seconds on 125 shot), 0-60 (3.35 seconds N/A), 0-100 (7.75 seconds N/A):

Keith’s car burning out before the 11.24@124.32 run:

Keith’s car taking the Win on PINKS ALL OUT:

11.111@130.47 125 shot pass:

125 shot timeslip:

Click here to enlarge

125 shot dyno video, 5th gear 1:1 ending at approx 186mph:

Keith's car on a 150 shot with very slow ramp in rate, we didn't hit 100% until 6000rpm, that's 622rwhp SAE or 758 crank HP assuming 18% DT Loss.

Click here to enlarge

At the Mile:

Click here to enlarge

At Sebring International Raceway 8/14/10, laying down a 2:37 lap on his first trip to the track:

Gulf Customer with S2 C63 and a straight road, they will go 207MPH in S2
    (Filters, Tuning, Headers, T-stat) trim:

Click here to enlarge

Mike Conforti’s Stage 2 C63, the Second Quickest/Fastest C63 AMG in the World 11.47@123.18 with our headers/tuning/DRs/Filters:

http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...d-11.47-123.18

Hagi Djencic’s Stage 2 C63, the Third Quickest/Fastest C63 AMG in the World 11.56@121.38 again with our headers/tuning/DRs/Filters—and the rest of our clients:

http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercedes-Benz--C63-AMG-Drag-Racing.html

The only tune (v3 CDT)/DR only C63 to ever run 11s in the 1/4, also the world's fastest tune only C63 in the standing mile 172.1mph, Jim Barnhill:

A v3 CDT/Filter only C63 in China taking the win on the Guandong Circuit, 9 seconds per lap ahead of the 2nd place E90 M3:

http://www.modi-auto.com.cn/html/Rac...176/index1.htm

Jeff Bertch’s MHP Stage 2 (with cats) C63 on the dyno for Turn 10, soon to appear as an add on car in Forza 3 for Xbox 360:

http://jalopnik.com/5478591/inside-forza-motorsport-part-ii-making-the-cars-sound-awesome?skyline=true&s=i

“The stock C63 is not a quiet car, but this one was absolutely insane — it was thick, crackly, and mean, as if the entire state of Alabama had been crossbred with a DTM car and an angry bull moose. Earplugs with a 20-decibel cut were not enough. Small children were sterilized. A week later, my ears still hurt. Caviezel called it "one of the best engine recordings I've ever heard."

MHP is the only tuner in the world to have not 1, but 4 tune and DR only C63 AMGs running 11 second mile ETs:

1) MHP’s own 2009 C63 AMG

2) Jim Barnhill, c63beastdriver on MBW

3) Mike Conforti, dodger63 on MBW

4) Matthew Zapantis, malooamg on MBW

Here are some dyno results of customer cars and our own shop car with the systems:

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

I'll be honest, you (Evosport) make good...well, your CF stuff seems nice but you're the last place to go for anything performance related.
    Last edited by Got PSI; 09-22-2010 at 11:27 PM. Reason: Fixed IMG tags

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

MBW member Walnuts commenting on one of our v3 CDT/DR/Airbox cars running 11.6@120 in Western Aust. Of course Matt/malooamg was banned shortly after posting his results and challenging a local Powerchip dealer to a race at the strip.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Walnuts
    The 11.6 was done by member malooamg who has since been banned from this site so he will not be able to comment on how he did this run, but i believe he did this time on drag radials with MHP tune.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

holy crap...

BTW, I fixed some of your IMG tags that were causing the images not to show.
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Got PSI Click here to enlarge
    holy crap...

BTW, I fixed some of your IMG tags that were causing the images not to show.
    Thank You, much appreciated!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    It just doesn't ever stop. I don't get why people gotta attack others and ban them for posting facts?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    It just doesn't ever stop. I don't get why people gotta attack others and ban them for posting facts?
    It is business, the facts don't matter to some unfortunately.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

MHP S2 C63 (dodger63) at MIR rental, positive 1447' DA 11.37@124.49 corrected, he may be making +75rwhp over stock? Click here to enlarge :

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

The performance of your vehicles is second to none. One can control a forum and use it as a sole marketing tool but times do not lie. People might post there but end of the day when they visit drag times they know who is the boss.

I hope you attack the new V8TT's with the same focus as the 63 and I will surely be one of your future customers.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    The performance of your vehicles is second to none. One can control a forum and use it as a sole marketing tool but times do not lie. People might post there but end of the day when they visit drag times they know who is the boss.

I hope you attack the new V8TT's with the same focus as the 63 and I will surely be one of your future customers.

Thank you George, your words are appreciated and we would be honored to work with you if given the chance.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I cannot comment on the coverage of MHP cars. I doubt it is complete as you state, but that is not the discussion. The majority of our customers are SL, CLS and CLK users not C. Why? Dunno, perhaps that is due to our marketing. We do not "go after" the drag racer as that is simply not our core customer. In a capitalist free market economy there are suppliers for each niche, and rarely do you see much cross-over. I have about a dozen CLK63 BS in that area and a few C63's, but again, these are professionals. JRCart will travel anywhere to race anyone though if you want to wager real money, he is always up for the challenge!
    Ah I get it, so you're focusing on SL, CLS, and CLK performance...Well, where are the timeslips for those cars? Not on dragtimes either. We have CLK BSs ready to run yours, or you could run dodger's header/tune C63 in a fully built 12 second Evosport CLK BS?

Please don't reference JRCart's CLK BS as being any sort of Evosport tuned vehicle. The car is (according to Jim himself) running AMG SLS heads, AMG GT3 Cams, and a tune via AMG, he's also running a MHP Thermostat and Gaskets. The only performance parts on the car that Evosport had anything to do with (unless they claim the Carbonio airboxes to be theirs) are the headers and modified OEM catback. Nitrous kit was done locally in Chicago so you can't claim that either. Hardly an Evosport show car, and definitely more BS from the mouth of Brad.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Sorry, I forgot he's running an Evosport UD pulley also. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    eople might post there but end of the day when they visit drag times they know who is the boss.
    They only post there because they have no viable alternative. MBworld has fallen behind the times, competition is necessary.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
    Please don't reference JRCart's CLK BS as being any sort of Evosport tuned vehicle. The car is (according to Jim himself) running AMG SLS heads, AMG GT3 Cams, and a tune via AMG, he's also running a MHP Thermostat and Gaskets. The only performance parts on the car that Evosport had anything to do with (unless they claim the Carbonio airboxes to be theirs) are the headers and modified OEM catback. Nitrous kit was done locally in Chicago so you can't claim that either. Hardly an Evosport show car, and definitely more BS from the mouth of Brad.
    He told me in person he spent tens of thousands with Evosport. I forget the exact number, but it was shockingly huge.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes that is true, CF seats, rollbar, Dymags, and other cosmetic products, but nothing driveline related.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I was just informed that they are just SLS cams now...Either way, not an Evosport part.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

I was just informed that they are just SLS cams now...Either way, not an Evosport part.
    True, but they still do have to source it and they did install it. They probably got SLS cams because they felt they were the best they could get.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    True, but they still do have to source it and they did install it. They probably got SLS cams because they felt they were the best they could get.
    I was told directly that everything came right from AMG. Even so, let's say they (Evosport) did get them for him, they didn't make them, and they outsourced the install; we all know they don't build motors in-house. Realistically speaking we're still back to headers/catback/pulley and cosmetics/wheels, etc. AMG made the parts, Evosport played courier.

Frankly I spoke with Jim about them and he reiterated what you said, it was literally the best he could get so that's what he went with. I do not discredit him for doing so in the slightest, but that's not what this is about--taking false ownership of a driveline they didn't manufacture.

ROFL at the thought of Brad cracking a M156 open. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

I was told directly that everything came right from AMG. Even so, let's say they (Evosport) did get them for him, they didn't make them, and they outsourced the install they don't build motors in-house. Realistically speaking we're still back to headers/catback/pulley and cosmetics/wheels, etc. AMG made the parts, Evosport played courier.

ROFL at the thought of Brad cracking a M156 open. Click here to enlarge
    Well, this is what most shops do. They outsource to whomever specializes on that platform.

I will agree that Evosport does not have much in the high end HP arena. I asked Brad about this once regarding why they don't do any forced induction kits and he said it was due to cost. Now, they do great custom stuff and a bunch of it is outsourced. For example, nitrous setups, or motors builds, etc. They are capable of finding you the right people, that is the main thing.

Can they build a top level M156? Well, technically, they know someone who can and they can get it done. Can they do it for the price you do? No. Do they have any off the shelf options for cams or their own heads for example? No.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Well, this is what most shops do. They outsource to whomever specializes on that platform.
    Most European "shops" maybe. Getting back to the point, you can't call AMG cams yours no matter how you slice it. Also we do everything from blown alcohol funny car motors, NHRA Pro Stock bike, to M156s and beyond. Making power is about moving air, regardless of VT configuration, displacement or even type of induction. After we receive a motor the first thing we do is uncrate it, not reship it.

I will agree that Evosport does not have much in the high end HP arena. I asked Brad about this once regarding why they don't do any forced induction kits and he said it was due to cost. Now, they do great custom stuff and a bunch of it is outsourced. For example, nitrous setups, or motors builds, etc. They are capable of finding you the right people, that is the main thing.
    I'm sure it's ALL outsourced, and you're right, working with the right people is key however that being the case I've never seen any world record holding engine builds come out of Evosport. Nothing of any kind, and how long have they been in business? Mediocrity seems to be the name of their game. It's especially bad with N/A platforms because you actually have to know what you're doing to make power, it's easier to screw up a M156 head than it is to improve it when porting.

Can they build a top level M156? Well, technically, they know someone who can and they can get it done. Can they do it for the price you do? No. Do they have any off the shelf options for cams or their own heads for example? No.
    They can't do anything themselves which is why they call AMG parts theirs. They would never be able to source a cam blank for a M156, let alone know what to do with one (or four) if they landed in their laps. I had to laugh when I saw Brad post that their C63 headers have 60hrs of labor into them, and that they do all the work in-house including bending, cutting the flanges, etc. I don't know anyone that's ever seen a bender, swedger, roamer, or end former at Evosport.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Getting back to the point, you can't call AMG cams yours no matter how you slice it.
    Absolutely right, is that what they did?

Nothing of any kind, and how long have they been in business?
    This is absolutely correct, however, we are focusing on the power game. They tend to focus more on the road course and have been very successful in the BMWCCA.

I had to laugh when I saw Brad post that their C63 headers have 60hrs of labor into them, and that they do all the work in-house including bending, cutting the flanges, etc. I don't know anyone that's ever seen a bender, swedger, roamer, or end former at Evosport.
    This is true, I don't think they build them in house necessarily. I think they do design aspects of it in house as I have spoken with their engineers who were doing design work in the office. Whatever the time period I think it is a combination of doing some design at home but the actual physical work all happens outside and is built outside. If he said it was all in-house, that is misleading and not correct but I have not seen what you are referring to at the moment. He may have been saying it was all Evosport work although that would still not exactly fit in what was what implied by "in house." I try to keep my mbw browsing to a minimum Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Absolutely right, is that what they did?
    If you're going to offer a customers car to race and call it their own, as they did, yes.

This is absolutely correct, however, we are focusing on the power game. They tend to focus more on the road course and have been very successful in the BMWCCA.
    So they have been successful in one type of racing with one specific make of vehicle?

This is true, I don't think they build them in house necessarily. I think they do design aspects of it in house as I have spoken with their engineers who were doing design work in the office. Whatever the time period I think it is a combination of doing some design at home but the actual physical work all happens outside and is built outside. If he said it was all in-house, that is misleading and not correct but I have not seen what you are referring to at the moment. He may have been saying it was all Evosport work although that would still not exactly fit in what was what implied by "in house." I try to keep my mbw browsing to a minimum Click here to enlarge
    It was a recent post (it's a PITA for me to even read that site) and it was a straight up claim that everything was done in house, everything. I'm aware of Brad's ability to spin words but this was a straight up bold faced lie.

Found the quote:

From the "List of LTH Manufacturers for C63" Thread:

FYI, hold on with regards to our headers. We have had so many orders that we are working to ramp up production and if we can, we will enjoy some "economies of scale."

So if you like our headers (and I think that as c32AMG said, they are VERY HIGH QUALITY - I think the best by a mile), we may be able to be more cost competitive soon.

FYI, each header is 80+ hours of labor for us to build. We build, bend and weld EVERY part in house.

Thanks
    Brad
    Sorry it was 80hrs LMAO!!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

So they have been successful in one type of racing with one specific make of vehicle?
    Yes, but some one make or one class series are some of the toughest to win. The cars have to be perfect. They do well in that particular area.

It was a recent post (it's a PITA for me to even read that site) and it was a straight up claim that everything was done in house, everything. I'm aware of Brad's ability to spin words but this was a straight up bold faced lie
    If it is a lie and that is how it was portrayed, then I think it is important to point it out.

I can't read the site as no offense, I just can't deal with the level of knowledge there. Every time I would try and correct something I would get in trouble, not even worth the effort.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes, but some one make or one class series are some of the toughest to win. The cars have to be perfect. They do well in that particular area.

If it is a lie and that is how it was portrayed, then I think it is important to point it out.

I can't read the site as no offense, I just can't deal with the level of knowledge there. Every time I would try and correct something I would get in trouble, not even worth the effort.
    I posted a copy and paste quote above, flat out lie. I hear you regarding some of the members there, the level of tech is in desperate need of help. I wouldn't enjoy discussing muffler bearings either. Don't get me wrong there are some great guys on there but not by choice Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

He told me in person he spent tens of thousands with Evosport. I forget the exact number, but it was shockingly huge.
    The headers, exhaust, and header-matched PC tune are $15,000... just for those three. So it adds up quick.

But, yeah, I recall hearing that jrcart had sunk well over $100,000 into his CLK63BS in mods (both performance and aesthetic) - and, IIRC, hearing that figure was before he started snapping up goodies from the SLS parts bin. Who knows, he might be near 1x the vehicle's original MSRP in mods at this point.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM Click here to enlarge
    But, yeah, I recall hearing that jrcart had sunk well over $100,000 into his CLK63BS in mods (both performance and aesthetic) - and, IIRC, hearing that figure was before he started snapping up goodies from the SLS parts bin.
    This is correct. Thing is, there is no logical explanation for that large of an expenditure for the performance gained.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast