Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Fast Lane Click here to enlarge
    i don't need to be.
    To act like an authority on M156 tuning, I disagree.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    To act like an authority on M156 tuning, I disagree.
    where exactly is the authority ??

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    where exactly is the authority ??
    I think Eurocharged would qualify. As would any of the other Mercedes tuners here.

I see no issues here except for people isolated from the situation who do not do this professionally, tune or writing about said tuning, thinking they know better.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I think Eurocharged would qualify. As would any of the other Mercedes tuners here.

I see no issues here except for people isolated from the situation who do not do this professionally, tune or writing about said tuning, thinking they know better.
    I understand your position against Andy, and I feel the same way. The issue here however is different

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I understand your position against Andy, and I feel the same way. The issue here however is different
    Then why not simply ask Eurocharged before making accusations? @Jake@Eurocharged.com is right here. He isn't banned from most Mercedes forums and hasn't been run out of the industry.

Any questions you have he will answer as he always does.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    The car was not tuned for race gas. We custom tuned the car when he came to our open house event at the new DC location. I cannot comment on his previous software as we didn't pull it and look at it, nor do I know what exactly was done previous to him bringing the car in.

As far as making more power, yes this is definitely possible. We ourselves are and have picked up close to 20-25whp over our V3 tune that we had released a year or two ago. As a company we are always working to better our product. If you look at the 63 tuning market you will see the same thing with the other tuners, numbers have improved since the origination of the files. (always do as we get more access to different maps etc)

As far as us not being a "player in the market" I would like to disagree. We have tuned well over 400 63's (over 7000 customers total) and were the first tuner to bring the handheld tuning device to market as we worked closely with dimsport on the protocols.

Weistec is a very strong tuner, but remember that they weren't always doing his tuning. It is extremely possible and perhaps probable that the car in question was tuned well over a year ago and is just now taking advantage of the changes in technology.

I would also like to say that we are doing things no one else in the market is doing, on both the 63 and 55 platforms. A quick search will show you that when other tuners were having issues with some of the fastest mb's in the game, we were able to make better power in a matter of hours.

You will also notice that I did in fact state that there HAS to be some DA/Tire/weather related help in that time difference.

Click here to enlarge
    Eurocharged Performance
    Tuner of the WORLDS FASTEST E55 - 10.46 @ 134.42
    Tuner of the WORLDS FASTEST C32 - 12.33 @ 115.08

Locations in Houston - Chicago - Boston - DC- Toronto - Hong Kong - South Africa
    Over 30 other dealer locations around the word

Sales@eurocharged.com

Over 7000 customers strong!

Proud tuning partners of Underground Racing!

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It was mentioned in the article that a custom dyno tune tailored to the car will obviously make more power than a canned tune from who knows what tuner and when...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jake@Eurocharged.com Click here to enlarge
    The car was not tuned for race gas. We custom tuned the car when he came to our open house event at the new DC location. I cannot comment on his previous software as we didn't pull it and look at it, nor do I know what exactly was done previous to him bringing the car in.

As far as making more power, yes this is definitely possible. We ourselves are and have picked up close to 20-25whp over our V3 tune that we had released a year or two ago. As a company we are always working to better our product. If you look at the 63 tuning market you will see the same thing with the other tuners, numbers have improved since the origination of the files. (always do as we get more access to different maps etc)

As far as us not being a "player in the market" I would like to disagree. We have tuned well over 400 63's (over 7000 customers total) and were the first tuner to bring the handheld tuning device to market as we worked closely with dimsport on the protocols.

Weistec is a very strong tuner, but remember that they weren't always doing his tuning. It is extremely possible and perhaps probable that the car in question was tuned well over a year ago and is just now taking advantage of the changes in technology.

I would also like to say that we are doing things no one else in the market is doing, on both the 63 and 55 platforms. A quick search will show you that when other tuners were having issues with some of the fastest mb's in the game, we were able to make better power in a matter of hours.

You will also notice that I did in fact state that there HAS to be some DA/Tire/weather related help in that time difference.

Click here to enlarge
    +63. everybody knows what services you bring to the table. Anybody who follows Mercedes & AMG tuning know how well you guys re-caliberate ECUs.

I for one believe the gains. I have seen my brother's NA SLS gain 34rwhp on a custom dyno tune. Therefore, it isnt impossible!

Andy the loser, Dont be surprised if the ECU was tuned somewhere in a cheap garbage warehouse and wasnt actually sent to Weistec.

If it were me Id proudly choose Eurocharged over MHP all Day without any regrets
    Weistec Supercharged SL63 AMG
    Click here to enlarge
    Fastest Overall Mercedes SL Class VBOX 60-130, 6.86-
    Dragtimes.com, FEB 16 2013

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12