Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Shadetree Mechanic - StopTech Rotors Installed

Well, I finally managed to source some StopTech factory replacement rotors for my car and installed them today. Surprisingly, the Merc brakes are easier to service than a lot of cars I've wrenched on. The hardest part was breaking the rust that had formed between the old rotors and the hub - I had to hammer the crap out of them to get them off. The new StopTechs fit perfectly and look a bit better with the painted hats. And best of all, the warped rotors and associated vibration when braking are gone.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Good news!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Bad on me. They look factory save for the black hat/bell. And I'm not generally a picture-taker, but I'll try to do better.

Good news, though, is that I'm planning to do the Brembo 6-pot upgrade in a couple of months. I'll take plenty of pics showing the install process. Then there will be the intercooler upgrade, intake, downpipe, etc. etc. etc.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    @Sticky - I am planning to post up some pics of my LSD install scheduled for Monday. Would you prefer that in the E-Class forum or M278/M157 forum?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nawlinstornado Click here to enlarge
    Bad on me. They look factory save for the black hat/bell. And I'm not generally a picture-taker, but I'll try to do better.

Good news, though, is that I'm planning to do the Brembo 6-pot upgrade in a couple of months. I'll take plenty of pics showing the install process. Then there will be the intercooler upgrade, intake, downpipe, etc. etc. etc.
    Seems you are going all out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

@Sticky - I am planning to post up some pics of my LSD install scheduled for Monday. Would you prefer that in the E-Class forum or M278/M157 forum?
    In the engine forum please.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Seems you are going all out.

Not all at once, but over the course of the next year or two. As I had mentioned in one of my first posts, I do this stuff for fun on weekends and tend to take my time. The more I can do myself, the happier I am. But I've had the car for 18 months and all I have to show for it is upgraded rotors, wheels, tires, and (soon) an LSD. Currently-planned upgrades will hopefully be complete by Christmas 2014 but that may be an aggressive schedule.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Not all at once, but over the course of the next year or two. As I had mentioned in one of my first posts, I do this stuff for fun on weekends and tend to take my time. The more I can do myself, the happier I am. But I've had the car for 18 months and all I have to show for it is upgraded rotors, wheels, tires, and (soon) an LSD. Currently-planned upgrades will hopefully be complete by Christmas 2014 but that may be an aggressive schedule.
    You're probably more dependent on tuners releasing their products in a timely fashion more than anything else.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You're probably more dependent on tuners releasing their products in a timely fashion more than anything else.
    We'll see. I'm really hoping AMS delivers on time - that carbon airbox/intake looks great.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

We'll see. I'm really hoping AMS delivers on time - that carbon airbox/intake looks great.
    I see no reason to worry about AMS.

You're going to have a bunch of products to choose from. Weistec, Renntech, AMS, I mean, it's a good time to be alive Click here to enlarge