Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Graphic content. how i spent my summer lol

Decided to buy a GSXR 1000... not my first bike. however i wish i bought a S1000 but $$ lol Long story short i was doing a stand up wheelie ~ 60mph needed to come down quick dude in front of me brake checked...hit the rear brake bike came down faster than i expected and thats all i can remember is me bouncing around the pavement. had a backpack on and helmet. 4-5 inch deep scratch in my helmet (saved my damn life Click here to enlarge) and back pack w laptop saved my back but... at that point i wish i had a jacket on. woulda saved me some skin. Broke my wrist. got up as soon as V of my body =0 looked around picked up the bike and pushed it into a shopping center lol bike had no insurance or registration thank fully i had friends behind me but dude in front that got close drove away.. no cops or ambulance called. then we called my buddy with a truck they loaded it up on and took it to his house. me not having health insurance didn't go to the hospital.. so i went straight home ~ 3am loll woke my sister up who finished premed and applying to med school had her clean me up.. i was like the walking dead in her room, she was terrified!. went to CVS bought a whole bunch of crap that night. went to an orthopedic doctor the next day X-rays showed a minor scaffold fracture in one of the carpals in my wrist. They casted me and prescribed me some pain killers and i also asked them to prescribe some anti-biotics for the road rash and they nicely did. this entire fiasco $#@!-ed me up for 2 weeks then i was back to work doing RB installs with one arm lol.... and i fixed the bike last week Click here to enlarge

I'm out of my cast but i doubt my wrist will ever be the same... Click here to enlarge
    Moral of the story don't do dumb $#@! in front of friends and don't ride a bike in texas, and wear a jacket no matter how hot it is lol

now for some pictures lol

WARNING....

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

That night ~ 5am
    Click here to enlarge

First turbo install with huge cast ended up soaking it with coolant and got a waterproof cast the same day...
    Click here to enlarge

Second turbo install with Exos cast loved it light weight and water proof!! Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Cant wait to do wheelies again.. JK haha my father told me if he ever saw that bike again he was gonna set that $#@! on fire. so its at my friends house till further notice..
    Last edited by sammy_0559; 09-13-2013 at 10:30 PM.
    Click here to enlarge
    Instagram: Sammy0559
    VTX3's Click here to enlarge
    Got one more tow with AAA lets make it count Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    SMH

oh- and since I have had road rash myself, since I've rode over 150K on Houston roads with bikes:

Second skin.

learn to love it.

it is AMAZING. that rash you have on the back side of your shoulder/arm would be gone and be fresh pink skin in 3-4 days.

the nice thing is, when you change bandages, whatever sticks- sticks. whatever doesn't- doesn't

those big bandages stick to the wound when healing and you have to PEEL them off. it sucks.
    Last edited by alex@ABRhouston; 09-13-2013 at 10:35 PM.
    Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports dealer
    Turner Motorsports dealer
    Bimmerworld dealer
    Active Autowerks Dealer
    Shipping built/stroked/CNC ported N54's Internationally!
    Follow us!
    http://www.facebook.com/BMWdoctor
    http://twitter.com/abrhouston
    http://instagram.com/abrhouston/
    http://abrhouston.com
    http://abr.genbook.com Book online appointments!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alex@ABRhouston Click here to enlarge
    SMH

oh- and since I have had road rash myself, since I've rode over 150K on Houston roads with bikes:

Second skin.

learn to love it.

it is AMAZING. that rash you have on the back side of your shoulder/arm would be gone and be fresh pink skin in 3-4 days.

the nice thing is, when you change bandages, whatever sticks- sticks. whatever doesn't- doesn't

those big bandages stick to the wound when healing and you have to PEEL them off. it sucks.
    Yes they did suck!! I then went And returned all the pads I bought and got non adhering pads night and day difference. And rash on my butt/waist still there.. And arm Is still healing. It was no fun!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Omg that's crazy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah, this is exactly why I think bikes are retarded. It's a death wish period. I've lost friends because of bikes. I'm sorry to hear that happened to you, and I'm very glad it wasn't much worse than it could have been. Listen to your Dad.

2c

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    go get some second skin!
    Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports dealer
    Turner Motorsports dealer
    Bimmerworld dealer
    Active Autowerks Dealer
    Shipping built/stroked/CNC ported N54's Internationally!
    Follow us!
    http://www.facebook.com/BMWdoctor
    http://twitter.com/abrhouston
    http://instagram.com/abrhouston/
    http://abrhouston.com
    http://abr.genbook.com Book online appointments!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Dude.... I thought I would be seeing pictures of naked girls or something.

Man I'm not looking at those pics again that was horrible. Glad you're alive.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alex@ABRhouston Click here to enlarge
    go get some second skin!
    Hell no $$$ that would come out if my 1 series build fund lol
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    Yeah, this is exactly why I think bikes are retarded. It's a death wish period. I've lost friends because of bikes. I'm sorry to hear that happened to you, and I'm very glad it wasn't much worse than it could have been. Listen to your Dad.

2c
    Yeah... Lol I bought it without consultation because I knew the answer. The ultimate "I TOLD YOU SO" was lectured to me
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ouch, I feel you man. I hate it when the dressing stick to the wound it hurt like hell lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge

2c
    Bikes are not retarded , people who drive them like a squid with no leathers are retarded. Just wear your safety and keep both wheels on the ground , then you will be fine.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I am amazed you would even make a thread about this.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    I am amazed you would even make a thread about this.
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

helmet, gloves, jacket boots. are a MUST when on a bike. pants are highly recommended, but sometimes inevitably not available. glad your ok. people don't understand it.. and i dont see how not... take an apple, and quickly drag it across pavement and see whats left.. now imagine thats your skin.. enough said

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol @ -->
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sammy_0559 Click here to enlarge
    got up as soon as V of my body =0
    That's crazy - glad you are okay man. Bikes are nuts, but I want one someday after I am certain I will be less impulsive. What I do with my car is bad enough, and thankfully have never been hurt or hurt others (or even accident). Someday though. Click here to enlarge
    @LostMarine, that's a good way to think about it - rubbing an apple on the ground. Good analogy.

I have been on bikes many times - and have been helmetless about 50% of the time, thinking it's someone else's bike - and that I will just cruise. I really do think my intentions are not to go nuts, but after I twist the throttle once, I keep doing it every chance I get.

I was riding my friend's bike at Purdue a few years back - and they put in these ridiculous speedbumps near some new student housing. Picture a perfect/brand new road about 2 miles long with no end result other than to get to this building. Because people complained about speed (25 mph), they put in some rubber speed bumps that were ridiculous. I was near the end of 2nd gear or so (maybe 80-90?) - and saw one coming. I braked hard, and shaved off as much speed as possible. I have no idea how fast I hit it, but after it happened - I had a tank slapper going for about 100 yards. I am not an experienced rider - had no helmet, and a short sleeve shirt like an idiot. I hung on for dear life - and made it out okay, however being that this was the first time that happened, I can see how people get hurt quick. Point is - these are reasons people like me shouldn't have a bike. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    lol @ -->

That's crazy - glad you are okay man. Bikes are nuts, but I want one someday after I am certain I will be less impulsive. What I do with my car is bad enough, and thankfully have never been hurt or hurt others (or even accident). Someday though. Click here to enlarge
    @LostMarine, that's a good way to think about it - rubbing an apple on the ground. Good analogy.

I have been on bikes many times - and have been helmetless about 50% of the time, thinking it's someone else's bike - and that I will just cruise. I really do think my intentions are not to go nuts, but after I twist the throttle once, I keep doing it every chance I get.

I was riding my friend's bike at Purdue a few years back - and they put in these ridiculous speedbumps near some new student housing. Picture a perfect/brand new road about 2 miles long with no end result other than to get to this building. Because people complained about speed (25 mph), they put in some rubber speed bumps that were ridiculous. I was near the end of 2nd gear or so (maybe 80-90?) - and saw one coming. I braked hard, and shaved off as much speed as possible. I have no idea how fast I hit it, but after it happened - I had a tank slapper going for about 100 yards. I am not an experienced rider - had no helmet, and a short sleeve shirt like an idiot. I hung on for dear life - and made it out okay, however being that this was the first time that happened, I can see how people get hurt quick. Point is - these are reasons people like me shouldn't have a bike. Click here to enlarge
    Your lucky you didn't go flying forward. or bike slip from under you. I've seen new riders hit the front brakes hard like they would in a car.... and the bike just cartwheel on top of them. Some people forget the rear break exists haha
    Click here to enlarge