Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs up 500+HP Turbo BMW M3, Track Ready, Showroom Condition, Very Low Miles

NEW PICTURES COMING SOON! MORE UPDATES MADE TO CAR! I JUST HAD IT TINTED AND PROFESSIONALLY DETAILED!

1996 BMW M3
    -72xxx miles on chassis, ~5k on rebuilt motor
    -5-Speed Manual Transmission
    -2 Door Coupe
    -NEVER driven in snow/rain
    -Weekend Summer toy ONLY
    -Garage kept (with BMW e36 car cover)
    -Non-smoker
    -Rarely ever driven with more than 1 passenger; NEVER with more than 2 passengers (nobody sits behind me... I don't scoot my seat up for anybody!)
    -No Food/Drinks EVER allowed in car, except for bottled water
    -NEVER tracked/roadraced

Factory Options
    -HK Premium Sound System
    -6 Disc CD Changer
    -Electric Power Sunroof
    -Heated Leather Seats
    -OEM Car Alarm

Exterior
    -Cosmos Schwarz Metallic (Black) original paint in excellent condition
    -OEM US spec headlights
    -OEM Clear Euro BMW taillights
    -Smoked side markers (side lights)
    -Limo smoked front corner lights (still transparent with amber bulbs; lights up amber at night)
    -Front bumper velocity splitters
    -Fog light delete covers painted to match Cosmos Black
    -Side moldings and side marker moldings painted to match Cosmos Black
    -Front plate delete
    -Kidney Grills painted to match Cosmos Black
    -35% Legal Tint on rear 5 windows
    Interior
    -Manual Vaders (seats)
    -Dove Grey leather interior
    -3spoke Steering Wheel
    -Gauges (Boost, A/F, Oil Psi, and Temp)
    -Full OBC (On-Board Computer) Display

Engine
    -s52 3.2L OBDII
    -Rebuilt motor (approx. ~5k miles)
    -Rebuilt (port & polished, 5angle valve job) head by Pete McHenry with all new guides, springs, valves; resurfaced face
    -VAC Multi-Layered Steel (MLS) Head Gasket (0.070 stock thickness)
    -ARP Head Studs
    -CP Pistons 9.0:1 compression (High temp thermal coating by LO-KO Performance)
    -New Rod Bearings & Bolts from VAC
    -Stock BMW Forged Rods
    -Underdrive Power Pulleys
    -New OEM Motor Mounts (less than 5k miles)
    -New Engine Gaskets from VAC Motorsports (less than 5k miles)
    -New OEM Radiator (less than 5k miles)
    -New OEM Thermostat & Waterpump (less than 5k miles)
    -M50 Intake Manifold
    -Custom Exhaust (No Cat)
    -Walbro 255 High Flow Fuel Pump ***hard-wired to Battery
    -Mass Air Sensor (3.5” HFM) provided by: Nick Glantzis
    -42# Fuel Injectors provided by: Nick Glantzis
    -New Oxygen Sensor replacement (less than 100 miles)

Turbo & Components
    -Garrett T60-1 Turbo T3/T4 .83 turbine, .70ar compressor, stage III wheel
    -Turbonetics T3 Turbo Manifold (High Temp Thermal Coated)
    -Front Mount Intercooler
    -38mm Greddy External Wastegate (9.6mm spring)
    -Tial ByPass Valve
    -Greddy Profec-B Spec-II Boost Controller
    -VDO Gauges: Boost, Air/Fuel (AEM Wideband), Oil Pressure, Oil Temp
    -Tuned by: Nick Glantzis (Technique Tuning.com)
    Software changes include: (Increased engine rev limiter, Increased vehicle speed limiter, Remapped fuel and spark maps for custom mass air meter and larger injectors)

Transmission
    -5-Speed Manual Transmission
    -3.23Limited Slip Differential
    -SPEC Stage 3 Clutch & Flywheel
    -Rogue Transmission Mounts
    -New Bosch Starter
    -New Flex Disc/Guibo
    -AA Differential Support Bracket

Suspension
    -Eibach Springs & Sway Bars
    -Bilstein Sport Shocks & Struts
    -Motorsport X-brace
    -Sway Bar reinforcement plates
    -Ground Control rear shock mounts
    -Ground Control Shims
    -OEM rear trailing arm bushings
    -New OEM Control Arms
    -New OEM Tie Rods

Brakes
    -Brembo Rotors
    -Hawk HPS Pads
    -Stainless Steel Brake Lines
    -Brake Calibers painted semi-gloss black and Rotor Disc centers painted matte black

Wheels/Tires
    -Fikse Mach V Wheels 17x8.5 on
    Yokohama Advan Neova AD07 245/40/17
    Less than 1k miles on tires (<11/32nds)

OR

-Replica Lightweight M3 Wheels 17x7.5 on
    Yokohama AVS ES100s 225/45/17 (nearly bald)

Spare:
    -Authentic Lightweight M3 Wheel 17x7.5 on
    Michelin Pilot SX 225/45/17 (~10/32nds)

Additional Notes
    -Motor is capable of pushing 21+psi. I have personally driven the car on 21psi with no issues at all and it is FAST! Though, the car is tuned to 15psi and is typically driven on 9psi on the street. This thing is FAST. I'm talking Z06 killer! With forged rods, low compression pistons, thick MLS headgasket, and rebuilt head - this motor is bulletproof.
    -SHOWROOM Condition
    -Very minor rock chips (mostly front bumper and a few on the mirrors and fenders)
    -ASC Light wills always be on dash (ASC disabled thanks to Nick Glantzis’ software update)
    -OEM BMW Battery just put in (less than 3k miles)

-Solid Compression Test Numbers
    Measured Fall 2009; roughly 58 degrees outside
    Cylinder 1: 154
    Cylinder 2: 150
    Cylinder 3: 152
    Cylinder 4: 152
    Cylinder 5: 152
    Cylinder 6: 154

-Last Dyno Numbers using Dynojet @ APG Performance:
    435 rwhp / 377 @ 15.1 psi

-VIN# WBSBG9320TEY72748

I originally purchased the car in June 2003. During this time I had ran a carfax and even took it to Patrick BMW Dealership in Schaumburg, IL, for an inspection. The carfax turned out clean and the inspection came out in all good news.
    A couple of years ago, I posted this car up as a feeler and somebody had ran the VIN via Carfax. An accident had been reported on my vehicle in Iowa from year 2001. This did not appear linked to the VIN # until 2008 --- 7 years later. It did not come up in the Carfax report when I originally checked in June 2003.
    Since then, I've been in contact with Carfax to see if there was a mixup in VIN #s and why this was not on the original carfax report that I ran. Apparently, police reports may take up to years to be reported and linked to a VIN. My M3 sustained some kind of damage to the driver side.
    On the plus side, I had this car professionally inspected and have had no issues driving it for the 7 years that I've owned it. Any potential buyers, I will gladly let you fully inspect or take to a local dealer to do an inspection.
    I hide nothing and still label this M3 as MINT/CLEAN!
    I've owned this car for 7 years and only put 20k miles on it since. This car has been babied. Seriously, I've been made fun of for lack of driving it. I'm just too paranoid to take it anywhere and want to keep it in prestine condition. I don't see what's wrong with that. Ha!

I am looking for $19,250 with the Fikse Mach V wheels /Advan Neova tires, as currently on the car --- or, $17,250 with the replica LTW Wheels/Yoko ES100 tires.

Serious buyers or any questions, please PM.

-Mark

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Here is a pic of most of the receipts during my ownership and some even prior.
    I am going to have them all on PDF soon. Buyer will receive history.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

This car is a beauty and will be a great purchase for someone. Well done, good luck with your sale.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

this car costs a litlle more than what I'm about to spend to sc my car. now you got me thinking....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

This is an awesome deal, and will rape many. Bump GLWS
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This car is a beauty and will be a great purchase for someone. Well done, good luck with your sale.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    This is an awesome deal, and will rape many. Bump GLWS
    Thank you both for the comments.

I just purchased a new "///M3" emblem today from the dealer to replace my slightly faded one. $47 for plastic is outrageous. Long story short, this is how anal I am about my car. EVERYTHING must be perfect in my eyes. That was always the last thing I've always to replace to kind of "seal" my complete project of 7 years. Pride it with a new shiney badge.

Raping is an understatement. I've pulled away slowly from Z06s on 9.6psi (boost controller OFF) on the highway. With the boost controller on 15psi (which is what the car is technically tuned to), my car whistles past what I once considered "Fast Cars".

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by krnnerdboy Click here to enlarge
    this car costs a litlle more than what I'm about to spend to sc my car. now you got me thinking....
    $20k on a blower? That's insane. What exactly is included in that price? Are you talking motor rebuild or new headgasket with that? Labor included I'm assuming?

Yes, you should definitely consider purchasing & adopting my car. At this point, I'm not even just saying that to sell my car. I'm saying that because if you're spending $20k to go faster, you might as well have a new car to go along with that Forced Induction. Just my 2 cents. Again, not just saying to make a sale. Honest advice.

Let me know if we can talk further.

Thanks,

-Mark

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

so what was the highest offer that you've turned down so far(minus the fiske wheels)?

btw not exactly 20k but 11k for a stage II plus install, not to mention a voided warranty on a car w/ only 19k miles...I just really want a high hp(500+)car, and I don;t think I'm getting that w/ the sc...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Since I keep answering the same questions or getting similar offers for my car, I will just Copy & Paste a couple responses I emailed back to potential buyers.

I should have a FAQ section.. ha!

Here is one:

When I originally priced it out, I put emotions aside. I factored my pricing on the following: cost of original car when I purchased 7 years ago with 50k miles = $23.5k, cost of modifications/upgrades (not including maintenance like brake pads, tires, oil changes, spark plugs, etc) = between $25k - $30k, the overall condition of the year = showroom mint condition, miles on car = 73k now (3k miles per summer in my 7 years of ownership; 5k miles/year total for the car), cost of e46 M3s now (next generation M3) = between $20-30k (meaning, my e36 M3 is still priced lower than the next gen), maintenance/modification history and record-keeping = priceless, valueable asset for potential buyer to know what the car went through, what was spent, and how crazy babied the car is, and lastly, what maintenance has been done and if anything needs to be replaced (ALL maintenance done, an oil change is going to be the only necessity needed for the next 2 years). The future buyer will NOT need to spend ANY money repairing the car or handling any maintenance issues.

I had several offers on the car and I'll continue to wait for the right price. I'm pretty firm on my price of $19,250. It truly is fair.

I've already had a couple of offers of $15.5k WITHOUT the Fikse Wheels/Yokohama tires, but with the stock wheels. Knowing that I can sell the Fikse wheels/Yoko tires separely for another $2-3k, I declined those offers. That would have put me between $17.5-18.5.

$18.5 wouldn't have been all that bad, but it also doesn't guarantee what exactly I can sell the wheels for. I also don't want wheels sitting in my garage if they're not on any of my cars. I prefer to have all of my money altogether. I also know that I will get $19,250 if I stay patience. I'm really not worried.

I've had another offer of $15k again, without the Fikse wheels, from a good friend and I turned him down as well. I've had several offers at $15k without the wheels.

I know what the car is worth and what value it holds. I'm actually selling it for less than what I originally planned due to the economy. Now, you can call me crazy, but I'm not in a rush to sell. I have one year before I really want the money by. I'd rather sleep on it all winter and enjoy my car until then, than let it go for such a low price.

I'm not the least bit worried that I will get the price I am seeking. I have several serious potential buyers and currently discussing meeting up out-of-state buyers. I have not even posted the car on autotrader.com and cars.com. I've only done message boards and craigslist to see what kind hits I would get. It's only been a month and I'm getting more potential buyers than I originally thought. Nothing I will sweat over.

You will never see another M3 like this. That's not even being conceited. Emotions aside.
    Another (notice I'm C&Ping a lot):

Thank you for your compliment! I've had several people come to look at the car and after seeing the vehicle, nobody even suggested in getting a pre purchase inspection done. Though I am not opposed to this, you can see from the current photos and and the history of the car, which I attached as a PDF file, that this car is very, very well maintained. Well, being an understatement. If you could get a chance to see the car in person and to test drive, you also would see why nobody even brings up the subject. The last time it had a pre purchase inspection done was before I purchased the car 7 years - which is in the PDF file.

I am not exactly sure how much it will be to ship. I just did a quick quote on ShipMyVehicle.com and it came out from $608 to ship from a Frankfurt, IL terminal to a Bristol, PA terminal. I'm assuming door-to-door will be more expensive. Also, I'm not exactly sure if that included any insurance or taxes and whatnot. This is also one company. There are several that ship cars, so I wouldn't doubt if you can find one for less. I'd assume anywhere from $400-1000 though.

I would help in setting up shipping, but I would not help in paying any shipping fees aside from gas to drive to the terminal. In all honesty, I don't think it is fair for me to have to take away from the price to ship the vehicle. There are other options, such as you flying out here to see & test drive the car, purchasing, and driving it back. What are your thoughts on that? That may work out to be a little bit cheaper.

I am pretty firm on my price of $19,250. Within the past weeks of posting the car on message boards, I've gotten a high response rate and several potential buyers. I have not even put the car up nationally on Autotrader.com or Cars.com yet. I am very anal-paranoid-OCD about this car and it is in insanely mint condition. Every bolt has been replaced. The only maintenance you would be doing to the car are oil changes for the next couple of years. No work is required on the car in the least bit. It looks, drives, feels great and it is in perfect shape. I am also not in a rush to sell and will wait for the right offer as opposed to a quick sale to get cash immediately in a low rate.

I had several offers on the car and I'll continue to wait for the right price. Although, I can work with you on the price a little bit, I'm pretty firm on my price of $19,250. It truly is fair.
    More FAQ:

I can't really give a bottom dollar price at this moment. That's something that I really need to think about --- and I have been for months now. In the past 2 weeks, I've spent another $750 on the car (tints, professional detail, part & labor for new o2 sensor, painting inner-rotors and brake calipers, etc). I did all of this after putting my original price of $19,250 up.

I did this for a couple of reasons. One, because I always had a "vision" to what I wanted the car to look/ride/feel like when it was all said and done. Some say I'm OCD, but I say I'm a perfectionist. Even if I'm selling, I wanted to know that I finished my project after 7 years. A lot of people gave me grief for dumping more money into the car because I'm selling. My girlfriend, family, friends were all confused and essentially called me an idiot. For me, it was different. Call me weird, but I just wanted the car "completed" to my liking. It's a good feeling to finally finish... but is it really ever finished?

The second reason being because I wanted to ultimately clean the car up as much as possible - just make it smooth. Now, don't get me wrong... this car is CLEAN. Clean being an understatement. This thing is in showroom condition. BUT, I wanted to touch up on a few things. The brakes were recently replaced, but these cars are known for having inner-part of the rotor rust up a bit and... it just doesn't look good. I had a shop remove the rust and paint it black. Since the wheels were off, I also had them paint the calipers from the fugly silver/gray color to a nice semi-gloss black. It's not much, but it made the wheels "pop" more and look a lot cleaner. The next thing I did was tint it because I didn't want sun beating on the seats any longer. Not to mention, when sitting on leather in the sun, without tint, can get really hot and sticky. The tint gives the car a cleaner look and really blends the black corners, painted kidney grills and moldings, etc. (I still have the front amber corners if you choose to go back to the stock look and foglight connector is still in tact and will work if you buy a new set and hook them up. I removed foglights because they crack way too often and waste of money ... don't illuminate the street all that much). Lastly, I had the car professionally detailed primarily to condition the leather and buff out any swirl marks.

Now, I can't expect to get any of this money back. Then again, I can't expect to get any of the $25+ I had invested into the car, on top of the cost of the car.

I am going to list the car for $19,250 on autotrader or cars.com (can't decide) and target enthusiasts who understand the real value of the car and who want a mint, classic, german-engineered Viper killer. There are several drivers out there who are seeking a mint car they can track/roadrace. i.e. Porsche owners, roadracing bmw owners, Jay Leno.

Where I'm getting at --- I just can't give a bottom dollar price at this time.

In all honest-to-God truthfulness, I want you to come out and check out the car, drive it, admire it, drool on it, and then make me an offer. I want you understand why I priced it to where its at. As great as it would be to hear a jaw-dropping offer, I'd rather you see the car in person. I'm not sure how you feel about that or if that's feasible at all.

I think we're on the same page. I'm not looking to sell right away if I'm getting peanuts and you're not looking to buy right away. I'd rather we both wait until we're ready.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Long story short - I'm not in a rush to sell my car and I know that staying patient will inevitably get me the $19,250 I am seeking - already underpriced. If you want a perfect combination of a fast, roadracing machine and a car magazine photoshoot sex goddess, then you have my car. The only maintenance you, or the future buyer, will be doing are oil changes for the next couple of years. Only after that time, will you need to change spark plugs or filters or minor issues that arise. This car is good-to-go. It is worth way more than every penny I am asking for.

Let me know if you have any other questions or how to proceed from here.

Thanks,

-Mark

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

New photos from this weekend:

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Beautiful, simply beautiful.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

wow, this car is gorgeous!
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT

Click here to enlarge

E46 M3 Owners of the World <---- Join the FB group!!

Instagram :: @NotSMG.M3

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by folgrz Click here to enlarge
    wow, this car is gorgeous!
    Thank you fellas!

More photos:
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Photos edited to show amber corners and "clear" corners:
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

You know what you must do now. Send the check to the OP, and forget about the e92 m3. then weep tears of joy when you first feel the nice tq and lightness of the e36 m3. others will weep tears of sorrow, but that to will pass.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    You know what you must do now. Send the check to the OP, and forget about the e92 m3. then weep tears of joy when you first feel the nice tq and lightness of the e36 m3. others will weep tears of sorrow, but that to will pass.
    I would be lying if I said it was not tempting, this is a great car.

I do like that the E36 platform has had much more development but it is fun to try something new as well. Maybe I can have both soon.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Official Spring Bump! Open to offers and willing to work with potential buyers.
    The car has been sitting in storage throughout the winter and will be insured to drive beginning in April.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Wow! I recently have a new love for these cars, unfortunatly this one is out of my $ range for a weekend car. Dont take it wrong, I see its worth every penny your asking, just a shame its not a fit for me right now..

GLWS,

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I really cannot comprehend the lack of forge rods on a fully built car!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    Wow! I recently have a new love for these cars, unfortunatly this one is out of my $ range for a weekend car. Dont take it wrong, I see its worth every penny your asking, just a shame its not a fit for me right now..

GLWS,
    Thank you, sir!

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 600whp S4 Click here to enlarge
    I really cannot comprehend the lack of forge rods on a fully built car!
    S52 comes with stock forged rods from the factory.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mpty3 Click here to enlarge
    S52 comes with stock forged rods from the factory.
    Zing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Rods are pretty cheap. 500-700 bucks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

I wish I was in the market for another car right now. That car is truly a beauty. Pure ///M. Love it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast