Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Group.america Click here to enlarge
    I really love the idea of this SILVER M3 beast or other modded E46 M3 (Max PSI in New jersey) or buying an E9X M3 and adding the SC of Gintani (Sticky).. but there are SO MANY GREAT options out there in the next 18 months or so in the $55k-70k range

$100k range is the new E63 AMG
    $55k range CLA 45 AMG, Z51 LT1 with options
    $70k range BMW M4, C63 AMG, used V10 M5, used X5M etc

The new Stingray is a really interesting base (Z51)... so many options out there for a $8k mod to get even a Z51 LTx with the dual exhaust into 700 crank range and 6XX torque.... $65k or so for that is compelling unless the new M4 can REALLY surprise with weight, revs and ability to tune
    Its a tough balance, but this car with the Evolve kit has really made me happy to keep it. it costs a bit more and the power is less than other platforms, but the car itself and its characteristics are just very very hard to match without going even more expensive. I would be willing to bet blowne92m3 will be very happy to go with the AA or even Evolve s/c kit as opposed to a different car altogether.

The other cars are great, but, i think he and I are alike in the fact that the auro of a blown E92 M is really really rare. Sure a badass blown vette or sick GTR is great, and get attention and respected by the car community.. BUT a Sick E92 M3 is appreciated and appeals to way more random people, that ARENT car people..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Thanks Lost Marine - good thoughts there.... I spend most of my year in Southampton where every car seems to be a CLS AMG, Maserati, Ferrari or Porsche..... occassional McLaren etc and in my village they all have GT Mustangs or Vettes as weekend drivers, so I want to get something different and a sleeper after I finish my 540 project... On a performance basis I will be interested to see how the Maximum PSI E46 turbos do against your type of car in the real world once they have more of them on the road and in drags..... One can pick up a good 2004-2006 M3 around here really cheap with low miles.....
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive

Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12